Windows 10: Lost DVD player after last Creators update

Discus and support Lost DVD player after last Creators update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Have a Sata DVD player (HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS40 SCSI CdRom Device) that will not recognized cd's/dvd's after successful Fall Creators Update. The DVD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by trinaz, Dec 27, 2017.

1. trinaz Win User

Lost DVD player after last Creators update

Have a Sata DVD player (HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS40 SCSI CdRom Device) that will not recognized cd's/dvd's after successful Fall Creators Update. The DVD is HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS40 SCSI CdRom Device.....working fine prior to update.

It is recognized in Windows and Windows Explorer...in Disk Manager and in Speccy (current version) readouts as present with no issues.

However...if I put a cd/dvd in the drive...Windows doesn't recognize it (the DVD itself - recognizes the drive the drive)...I can eject it automatically from Device Manager, etc and reinsert it...but Windows responds as if there is nothing in the drive....have tried numerous CD's and DVD's with same result...drive is there...physical cd/dvd is not ?

Any suggestions before I pop for a new DVD player...?

Thanks....TiminAz

:)

trinaz, Dec 27, 2017

2. windows dvd player not working

Thanks for the quick response unfortunately the troubleshooter did not solve my problem. The troubleshooter message said no problems were found. Strange since my DVD player now doesn't work.

When I insert a DVD the Windows DVD player opens an after a few seconds it closes. No error messages appear.

The last time I used Windows DVD Player it was working that was about 2 months ago. Updates have been installed since I last used the DVD player. But I don't know which update caused the problem.

I discovered which update caused my Windows DVD player problem. The Security Update for Microsoft Windows number KB4013429. After uninstalling that update the app Windows DVD Player works fine.

Are you guys hiring?

Iceorchard, Dec 27, 2017
  3. Windows DVD playback

do you see the dvd player in my pc?i have lost my dvd player after upgrading to windows 10.

DAVIDDELIMA1047, Dec 27, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Your device is made by LG. Their support page for this model...
    LG GH22NS40 Support: Manuals, Warranty & More | LG U.S.A

...has a troubleshooting section under 'Help Library' in 'Disc Drive not working after Windows 10 Upgrade - Digital Storage'. One suggestion is to try this Microsoft link.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...other-programs

Beneath that link is a 'Full troubleshooting' section. However, its first question is 'Does the drive appear in File Explorer'. If your answer is 'No' they say...

5. trinaz Win User
    OK...thank you...DVD drive does show up in Explorer...and in current Speccy, Device Manager, and This PC....will try your much appreciated suggestions this week...have tried a alternate Sata port/cable but so far No Joy....

It's showing up everywhere...just will not recognize any various cd's...dvd's etc that are inserted ??

Thanks...TiminAz

trinaz, Dec 31, 2017
  6. CountMike New Member
    Check in Device Manager if it's showing as "DVD/CDROM Drive" and not in "Disk drives", I had exactly same problem when it was listed as Disk drive. "Scan for hardware changes" brought it back under proper heading.

CountMike, Dec 31, 2017
  7. trinaz Win User
    Nope....all Windows system information apps and 3Rd party progeams report the drive as a DVD/CD ?

May have figured it out tho...have to open the box and remove 1 expansion card...from a time stand point it'a about the same time...DVD/Pci card install...will pos back if I'm right...

Thanks...

trinaz, Jan 1, 2018
  8. CountMike New Member

Looking like this ?

Lost DVD player after last Creators update [​IMG]

CountMike, Jan 1, 2018
  9. trinaz Win User
    Yes..snippet attached....may have found the culprit tho...in looking around in device manager....even tho it showed the problem drive without a yellow 'flag'...it also said the following:
    Device SCSI\CdRom&Ven_HL-DT-ST&Prod_DVDRAM_GH22NS40\4&fa535c2&1&040000 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Lost DVD player after last Creators update [​IMG]

Don't know what it means exactly but suspect that's the issue...?...what can I do now to get it "migrated" after the Fall Creator's Update?

Thanks....TiminAz

trinaz, Jan 1, 2018
  10. CountMike New Member
    Do you really have two drives ? You could try old trick, uninstall driver(s) and reboot.

CountMike, Jan 1, 2018
  11. lifetec Win User
    Is your device enabled at all in Device manager, if not enable it.
    If enabling it does not solve your problem, delete the device from the list and reboot and let hopefully let windows recognize the device again.

See for more background info here https://www.lifewire.com/why-is-ther...anager-2626359

lifetec, Jan 2, 2018
  12. trinaz Win User
    Thanks guys....nothing worked so I gave up and put in a new Asus drive...fired right up and working fine...old on apparently did give up the ghost

trinaz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Lost DVD player after last Creators update - Similar Threads - Lost DVD player

2. dvd player not working after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dvd player not working after update: just updated windows 10, as requested, and DVD player doesn't work. I've uninstalled dvd, restarted nothing... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-player-not-working-after-update/4fc9b827-5068-4c0c-bc49-c1bc1e0f00d7
  3. LOST WIFI AFTER LAST UPDATE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LOST WIFI AFTER LAST UPDATE: I have a Broadcom wifi that no longer works and have been unable to reset even after a reinstall HELP. There is only a usb and no ethernet as is a LINX 12/64 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-wifi-after-last-update/8dce5a7c-c9ef-4075-b43c-3f6d091ea10e
  4. Lost document update after last upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost document update after last upgrade: I was working on a word document when I got the notification for update windows. I hit update later and continued to work on the document. After a few hours, I saved the document (to my desktop where it has been since it was created a couple of weeks ago). Then updated...
  5. dvd player not working after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dvd player not working after Windows 10 update: How do I download or update the drivers (?) for my DVD player. Worked one day and after Windows 10 "update" it doesn't work anymore! Shouldn't they be responsible for that???...
  6. Office 2016 lost activation after Creators Update

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2016 lost activation after Creators Update: Wondering if anyone has had any issues with the latest Creators Update. My update happened a couple of days ago and I now can't use any Office 2016 Pro programs without being told they're not activated. Office programs all worked fine before the update. I'm getting a message...
  7. Good dvd creator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Good dvd creator: I'm looking for an app that can create video dvds with maximum 10mb bitrate and supports the 1600kbps audio bitrate (i think is only LPCM). Also a good video converter with the same abilities. Also i want the apps to have the ability for video to be stretched at full screen...
  8. I lost connection to the internet after creators update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I lost connection to the internet after creators update: After all updates and everything seems ok ........problem is I can't connect to internet and I don't know how to fixe it. Anybody with same problem? or could somebody help, please? 81727
  9. Network mess after last creator update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network mess after last creator update: With the last update Microsoft created areal network mess. Before the update I could see and access all shared folders on the connected PC's in the LAN . Now I don't see them most of the time or disappear after a while, but the most strange thing is that when I the other...
  10. Lost administrator rights after update creator

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lost administrator rights after update creator: I am not happy with the creators update. I have a local administrator account and now all in a sudden my administrator rights are fully curbed. I had to install a built in second administrator account to have them back. This is very annoying. Once this build in account...