Windows 10: Lost e-mail Files When Doing a Windows 10 Reset With "Keep My Files"

Discus and support Lost e-mail Files When Doing a Windows 10 Reset With "Keep My Files" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I performed a "Refresh Windows 10 without losing data" on a Dell OptiPlex 760 and cannot locate my email Inbox and Folders files. I was using Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RichardJones66, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Lost e-mail Files When Doing a Windows 10 Reset With "Keep My Files"

I performed a "Refresh Windows 10 without losing data" on a Dell OptiPlex 760 and cannot locate my email Inbox and Folders files. I was using Windows Live Mail 2012. Any thoughts ??

:)

RichardJones66, Jul 27, 2018
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jul 27, 2018
  3. AM*
    Am* Win User
    Uber file server build -- suggestions

Uber file server build -- suggestions?

I'm currently in the process of buying stuff for my file server build. Going to try and keep this build all in one thread this time.

Stuff already bought:

• Motherboard (socket 1155 H61)
      RAM (1600MHz)
      PCI SATA cards
      Operating System (Windows 8 + FreeNAS)
      SSD
      CPU (35w Pentium Ivybridge 2.6GHz)
    Looking for suggestions on:

• GPU -- use the on-die GPU or buy a PCI-E graphics card (was thinking of a 7750)? My only requirement is that it is able to run 1080p mkv files and play Blurays without a problem.
      Case -- needs to hold as many 3.5" drives as humanly possible (more than 10 at least), while not being too expensive
      PSU -- needs to be able to run over 40 SATA HDDs as well as 6xPCI RAID cards and 1xPCI-E 2.0 RAID card. Silver, Gold or Platinum?
      CPU Cooler -- fanless or not?
      Case fans
    That's all I can think of for now...unless I'm forgetting something...oh and one more thing -- I will be buying the hard drives two at a time as I run out of space. Also the PCI-E RAID card will be bought a lot later down the line, as I've only just got enough hard drives for 1 out of 6 of my PCI SATA cards.

Any suggestions, feel free to post. Thanks

4. Ahhzz Win User

Lost e-mail Files When Doing a Windows 10 Reset With "Keep My Files"

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

Lost e-mail Files When Doing a Windows 10 Reset With "Keep My Files"

1. Lost e-mail Files When Doing a Windows 10 Reset With "Keep My Files" - Similar Threads - Lost mail Files

2. Lost e-mail account Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost e-mail account Windows Mail: Split from this thread. Had the same thing happen with Mail 10. Had 3 email accounts, all 3 gone. Trying to recover them now. Have managed to get one back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-e-mail-account-windows-mail/eb21016d-51c4-4d24-b062-a7e24cf3eaac
  3. Lost e-mail account Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost e-mail account Windows Mail: Split from this thread. Had the same thing happen with Mail 10. Had 3 email accounts, all 3 gone. Trying to recover them now. Have managed to get one back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-e-mail-account-windows-mail/eb21016d-51c4-4d24-b062-a7e24cf3eaac
  4. What files are kept in 'keep my files' when resetting windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What files are kept in 'keep my files' when resetting windows?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sea_For [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jeem9m/what_files_are_kept_in_keep_my_files_when/
  5. Lost files after I did a Windows Reset "Keep my Files"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost files after I did a Windows Reset "Keep my Files": Recently did a reset on my laptop and I chose the keep my files option. Sadly, I cannot find my files anywhere. Even in the windows.old folder, it isn't there. I tried EaseUS to recover but most are unreadable....
  6. Lost e-mails & settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost e-mails & settings: I have windows live mail as my default e-mail. Yesterday after a normal start up i found a new browser & no access to my e-mails! I also got a message "An app caused a problem with the default browser setting so this was reset to Microsoft Edge. Can any body help me to get...
  7. Live Mail lost e-mail

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Live Mail lost e-mail: windows live mail warns me that it has downloaded what appears to Phishing e-mail but where is it? I would like to look at it to confirm Windows Security opinion https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail-lost-e-mail/22a5206e-0957-418b-b177-b1451274686c"
  8. lost e-mails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    lost e-mails: I lost e-mails that were saved in folders. How can I find & retrieve them? them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-e-mails/1f4eb63e-095a-4f82-b04f-9d30910b27af"
  9. Reset but keep all personal files - all files lost.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset but keep all personal files - all files lost.: I was having trouble with being signed in to a temporary account so in the windows boot recovery I chose to reset my PC keeping all my personal files. 20 mins later however, I return to find my pc reset - and none of my files are there. Literally the only stuff left was a few...
  10. Making folders or file for e-mails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Making folders or file for e-mails: Good afternoon I get numerous e-mails in my inbox from the same contact and I was wondering how to store them all in one file or folder, so that I don't have to keep them in my inbox. I have tried to find the answer in the MS tutorials, but must have missed something....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. did a windows refresh and lost my e-mail