Windows 10: Lost Edge browser icon on desktop

Discus and support Lost Edge browser icon on desktop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Somehow, my Edge browser icon has disappeared from the desktop. I can still access it through the Cortana search box. So, obviously the browser is on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mr Ed, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Mr Ed Win User

Lost Edge browser icon on desktop

Somehow, my Edge browser icon has disappeared from the desktop. I can still access it through the Cortana search box. So, obviously the browser is on my computer, but I'd like to access it via an icon on the desktop rather than the search box. What can I do? Thanks.

Toshiba laptop running W10, Anniv.

:)

Mr Ed, Apr 29, 2017
  2. JIM
    Jim Win User

Just Installed Windows 10 Update KB3081424 - It Disabled Cortana, Start Button and New Notifications

I've installed two updates since I first lost the MS Edge icon. Edge is still a ghost browser. It's on my machine. I am posting this response using Edge, but if I close the Window I cannot easily find it in order to reopen the browser. The icon does
    not appear on the desktop, task bar or when I search in the All Apps tool bar. Where is it? Is anyone else experiencing this?

3. Microsoft Edge with Windows 10

I somehow lost Microsoft Edge from my desktop. I can still open it using my current browser which is Firefox. I've searched my computer, but come up with nothing. I can right click on a document and where it states "open with" Microsoft Edge is an
    option there and it works just fine. I just need to know how to get the icon back onto my desktop or taskbar.

Johanna_S2018, Apr 29, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

A default install of Windows 10 doesn't put an Edge icon on the desktop, rather it puts one on the taskbar. If you don't have one there either, open the Start menu and scroll down the All Apps list to find 'Microsoft Edge'. Right-click on it and in More> you'll find 'Pin to taskbar'.

Or just open Edge and while its icon is on the taskbar, right-click on it and pin it to the taskbar that way.

5. Mr Ed Win User
    Thanks, Bree. That did the trick.

Mr Ed, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Lost Edge browser icon on desktop - Similar Threads - Lost Edge browser

2. What is the Briefcase icon on the Edge Browser?

in Windows 10 News
    What is the Briefcase icon on the Edge Browser?: [IMG]Microsoft Edge browser keeps bringing on new features. In a recent update, some Edge browsers noticed a briefcase on the Edge browser icon. And if you noticed the same and wondered what the Briefcase icon on the Edge Browser is? Well, then we are here to explain all...
  3. Lost Desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost Desktop icons: All my Desktop Icons vanished and can't get them back. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-desktop-icons/dff73362-0977-4f52-b19b-d53c69035492
  4. Lost desktop icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost desktop icons: My wife was trying to delete document icons on screen two. She clicked one then hit shift to highlight them all. The problem lies in that she didn't release the shift button before moving the mouse toward the recycle bin. In her path, she wiped out multiple icons on screen...
  5. Lost desktop icon shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost desktop icon shortcuts: I just did a fresh install of Win 10 from Win 7 I saved the desktop shortcuts from C:\Users\myname\Desktop to a stick, i was using Chrome as the default engine. After i installed Win 10 and copied the desktop folder back under my username the icons and the name of the...
  6. Icon for Microsoft edge browser missing

Icon for Microsoft edge browser missing: On one of the more recent Insider build updates, my Microsoft Edge browser icon disappeared from the desktop. Does anyone have a way to replace it? I have looked for program details, etc. to try and replace it (eg using send to … desktop, but I cannot find the actual...
  7. lost my desktop icons

lost my desktop icons: lost my original desktop and the icons, need help please to get back to original windows 10 and icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-my-desktop-icons/3106ac95-354b-4fc1-abe4-a01c22e1136b
  8. Edge Browser Missing Bookmark Icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge Browser Missing Bookmark Icons: I have the same bookmarks synced across all my browsers and edge is the only that doesn't show any of the icons of the websites that I have bookmarked. Clicking on them doesn't update the icon, and neither does clearing the history / cache. Is there an easy solution aside...
  9. When Edge Browser closes, desktop icons and taskbar refreshes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When Edge Browser closes, desktop icons and taskbar refreshes: This activity began after the April 18th 2018 update, Every time edge closes the desktop and Task Bar refreshes, and I have staggering mouse movement for 2 seconds or so. Don't know what causes this. The same thing happens in clean boot, and safe mode. I have done all the...
  10. edge icon on desktop

in Browsers and Email
    edge icon on desktop: Edge icon on desktop after creator update is different, the e is very small while the text is correct. I have icons set at medium, changing to large makes them way too large. Icon works fine, it is a minor annoyance but would like it back to the size it was. I have looked...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lost edge icon desktop