Windows 10: Lost email in Mail and Calendar app

Discus and support Lost email in Mail and Calendar app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi! Yesterday it took me 3 hours to write an important email. I finished it and I sent it. Saw it on the outbox folder the disappeared as I supposed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JoannieRios, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Lost email in Mail and Calendar app

Hi!

Yesterday it took me 3 hours to write an important email. I finished it and I sent it. Saw it on the outbox folder the disappeared as I supposed that it was sent. Closed the computer (sleep) and today when I was checking for the time that I sent the email I couldn't find it anywhere. Not in sent, draft, deleted.... anywhere. It has to be stored somewhere in the computer, but don't know where to look. I need that email ASAP. can someone help???

:)

JoannieRios, Oct 24, 2019
  2. meebers Win User

Mail & Calendar App

By default, M&C app will install an outlook account according to your sign in. I sign into W10 with a non MS account "---@gmail.com" so my default account is listed like this, I can't seem to straighten it out/ delete/change it. Suggestions appreciated.

Lost email in Mail and Calendar app [​IMG]

meebers, Oct 24, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Lost email in Mail and Calendar app :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 24, 2019
  4. s427 Win User

Lost email in Mail and Calendar app

Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

I'm having a problem with the default Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10. For a while I was able to sync my Google account emails (Gmail) and calendar in those apps, but about a week ago, it has stopped working: the calendar is empty (no events, and no calendars listed), and the emails that were already synced are still there, but syncing doesn't bring any new email.

I tried deleting my Google account from the mail (or calendar) app, by going to "settings -> accounts", and then re-creating the account. I did that three times. Each time I was able to complete the following steps:

1. enter my Gmail address,
    2. then my Google account password,
    3. then the confirmation code sent by SMS,
    4. and finally got to the screen "Windows would like to..." (permissions listing), on which I clicked "Accept" (obviously).

The first time, I then got a Windows message "Something went wrong", followed by an error code (I didn't write it down).

The second time, I didn't get this error message, so it looked like the account was successfully created (it appeared in my accounts list in the settings of those apps), but nothing was synced: both apps (mail / calendar) remained empty. (I tried syncing manually by clicking the sync button in the mail app: still nothing, even though the app confirmed that it was "up to date".)

For my third attempt, I had found this question, so I went and created an "app password" in my Google account, specifically for those apps. But when I got to the password screen (step 2 described above) and entered this app password instead of my regular account password, I got an error message (from Google) asking me to enter my account password and not an app password. So I did that, and that got me exactly the same result as my second attempt (account created but nothing synced).

I also tried both answers given on the same question (first via "settings > accounts > add account > Other account", and second via "settings > accounts > add account > Advanced setup"), but none of them worked for me (again, account created but nothing synced).

Has anyone experienced the same problems? How can I make this work?

UPDATE: a few months back (early October 2015) I received an email from Microsoft inviting me to "reconnect to Google" (that was the title of the email). I ignored it for a while, but recently followed the steps in this email and now everything seems to be working fine. So I'm guessing that MS somehow fixed whatever bug it was.

Thema:

Lost email in Mail and Calendar app

1. Lost email in Mail and Calendar app - Similar Threads - Lost email Mail

2. Mail/Calendar App !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail/Calendar App !: Although I have reported this before the problem is still there! I have used the Mail/Calendar app for a long time now and think it's great when it's working OK!!! At least once a week I either have to reset it, uninstall and put back or remove my email account and put back....
  3. Mail/Calendar App !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail/Calendar App !: Although I have reported this before the problem is still there! I have used the Mail/Calendar app for a long time now and think it's great when it's working OK!!! At least once a week I either have to reset it, uninstall and put back or remove my email account and put back....
  4. Mail and calendar app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail and calendar app: Hi For the last two weeks notifications have been broken in the mail and calendar app. They only pop up when I open the app - which kind of defeats the purpose of push notifications I guess. Have tested the app on a spare laptop - it does the same thing. Is this a known issue...
  5. mail and calendar app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    mail and calendar app: I cannot download mail and calendar app from MS Store. I get message there is something wrong, try again, code 0x80070426. Have tried several times over last couple of days with same message....
  6. Mail & Calendar app not syncing and Outlook.com email not working

Mail & Calendar app not syncing and Outlook.com email not working: I have alongstanding Microsoft/Office 365 account. I’verecently bought a Surface Laptop 3 and have started having major problems withMail & Calendar app, which has become completely unusable for Outlook.comand related accounts. Ironically all my smtp accounts work fine but...
  7. Mail and calendar App

Mail and calendar App: My mail app will not work. I have tried pretty much everything I can find online to get it working again. Any ideas? Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-and-calendar-app/e50f6c3c-83f0-494e-949c-3977104adf56
  8. Calendar and Mail app

Calendar and Mail app: Mail app stopped working. Hotmail email was fine but linked gmail refused to sync. Could not access "manage accounts" - nothing happened when clicking on account names for either hotmail or gmail. Tried resetting the app as suggested in help but now cant even open the...
  9. Contacts, Calendar, Mail Lost

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Contacts, Calendar, Mail Lost: I opened up my mail this morning and saw all my information and when I went to open up Mail everything was gone including all my contacts and calendar information using Mail for Windows 10. Please advise how to recover this information. I'm not able to find anything....
  10. Mail & Calendar App

in Browsers and Email
    Mail & Calendar App: By default, M&C app will install an outlook account according to your sign in. I sign into W10 with a non MS account "---@gmail.com" so my default account is listed like this, I can't seem to straighten it out/ delete/change it. Suggestions appreciated. [img] 42744