Windows 10: lost emails from windows mail

Discus and support lost emails from windows mail in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been using windows mail in W10. I have been putting important emails into storage folders such as "Banking" or "gas bills". Recently i needed to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BusierPhoenix49, Feb 7, 2019.

1. lost emails from windows mail

I have been using windows mail in W10. I have been putting important emails into storage folders such as "Banking" or "gas bills". Recently i needed to access these emails only to find they are nearly all empty. It would seem that they are only saved in there for a short period, maybe a month, and then they dissapear. Where have they gone? "I need them!".

:)

BusierPhoenix49, Feb 7, 2019

2. lost emails in windows mail 10

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• How are you accessing the email? Is it through web browser or Windows mail app?
    • Which email client are you using?
    • What is the type of email account that you have configured in mail?

If you are accessing the mail through Windows mail app then, I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Method 2: I suggest you to run the app troubleshooter from the below article and check if it helps.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Feb 7, 2019
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    Windows live mail deleted email and lost folders

Hello,

Windows Live Mail are prone to getting lost even if you don’t delete them. In some cases, Windows Live Mail users have reported some or all of their Windows Live Mail folders disappearing either after a Windows update or a Windows Live Mail Update or following
    the deletion of any one email folder. For us to resolve this issue, we suggest that you follow the methods to restore lost Windows Live Mail email folders listed below:

Method 1: Restore the folders using Compact View

• Open Windows Live Mail. Click on View in the taskbar.
    • Click on Compact View. Doing so will collapse all of the Windows Live Mail folders listed and a green sign in the shape of a plus will appear under them.
    • Click on the green plus. As soon as you do so, a dialog box that lists ALL of the Windows Live Mail folders on your computer – including the ones that you have lost – will appear.
    • Simply check each of the lost folders that you want to restore by clicking on the checkbox beside them, and then click on
      OK.
    • Once done, click on View and then click on Compact View. As soon as you click on Compact View the second time, all the email folders that you thought you had lost should appear exactly where they should be.

Method 2: Restore the folders that were lost using the import feature from the default directory where the mail’s are stored

• The first step is to Hold the Windows Key and Press R.
    • Then, type %appdata% and click OK.
    • Once there, check the following locations:

AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail

AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail
    • You will then see your folders in one of those directories, copy everything and create a new folder on Desktop. Name it as
      Back Up Live Mail or something. This will be the back up folder, the reason it is supposed to be copied is to not corrupt or mess up the existing data.
    • Now that you've got the back up, you'll need to import the files to your Windows Live Mail.
    • Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Open the File menu located in the upper left corner of the window.
    • Click on Import messages in the File.
    • Select the file format in which you saved your Windows Live Mail backup. If you’re restoring from the back up in the above method, then use the
      Windows Live Mail option and click Next. Click on
      Browse, navigate to the folder in which your backup is stored, click on the backup file (the folder or mailbox) you want to restore to select it and then click on
      Next. Click on Next. As soon as you receive a message confirming the success of the restoration of the folders, feel free to click on
      Finish and see that the folders you restored are now visible in the left pane under Storage folders or where they were imported.

Let us know if the resolution provided works.

Paolo Mag, Feb 7, 2019
  4. lost emails from windows mail

Lost Mail

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please confirm these information to assist you in better way:
    • Are you able to access the emails using web browser.

I suggest you to follow the below steps,

1. Click on mail app.

2. Go setting, click on accounts

3. Click on the account.

4. syncing setting dialogue box will appear.

5. Go the option download emails from, and select the time limit.

Please reply us with the required information to assist you further

Rajeshwari_Patil, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

lost emails from windows mail

1. lost emails from windows mail - Similar Threads - lost emails mail

2. Help sending emails from Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help sending emails from Windows Mail: I am just setting up my new Windows 11 laptop and have been trying to set-up my emails in Windows mail. My AOL mail wouldn't sync at all and my Gmail account won't send emails. The emails simply go into my Outbox.I've tried many of the suggestions online, but no luck. I've...
  3. Just lost Optonline emails on Windows Mail

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Just lost Optonline emails on Windows Mail: I've been using Windows mail since I got this computer in 2015. Yesterday I had an error that they needed to be fixed. Normally I just had to enter my pin number and all was well. Not so yesterday. So I deleted the account and started over --- lost all sent emails and still...
  4. Import email contacts from Window Mail

Import email contacts from Window Mail: I recently purchased a new windows 10 computer. Is their a method to import my contacts from the older computer wirelessly? Fortunately the older computer works and I guess that a couple could be made and transferred somehow. Thanks for any help....
  5. Emailing from MAIL

in Windows 10 Customization
    Emailing from MAIL: I tried to email a document from WordPad couldn't say no email programme associated, how do I make WordPad email through MAIL. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emailing-from-mail/d88810f2-8ce8-45aa-b5f9-866fbfa342b1
  6. Recover emails from windows live mail

in Browsers and Email
    Recover emails from windows live mail: Hello everybody, I used windows live mail for years however recently I had a problem with my HDD and windows 10 was so bad that it wouldn't start (I tested 10 different ways) So I decided to take advantage and buy an SSD and make a new clean install. Now I have both hard...
  7. Lost email in Mail and Calendar app

Lost email in Mail and Calendar app: Hi! Yesterday it took me 3 hours to write an important email. I finished it and I sent it. Saw it on the outbox folder the disappeared as I supposed that it was sent. Closed the computer (sleep) and today when I was checking for the time that I sent the email I couldn't...
  8. Recovering Lost Contacts, Calendar, & Email Settings From Mail Application.

Recovering Lost Contacts, Calendar, & Email Settings From Mail Application.: I foolishly unplugged my desktop before it had finished closing down! I have been able to repair Windows 10 itself and everything now seems to run fine, BUT all of my Contacts & Calendar data has gone, as has all of my email settings in Mail. Is it possible to recover...
  9. Gmail added to MS Mail, lost emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Gmail added to MS Mail, lost emails: I have added my Gmail account to the Mail app but the folder structure was imported rather than the emails contained in the folders. I missed lots of information because lots of emails hadn’t been imported. I cannot resolve the problem without your help...
  10. Move Emails From Windows Live Mail to Windows Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Move Emails From Windows Live Mail to Windows Mail: I am setting up Windows Mail on my new Windows 10 desktop computer. I want to transfer my Windows Live emails on Windows 7 to Windows Mail on Windows 10. I have 26 folders and subfolders on the old computer. How do I do that? Thanks, cb 79288