Windows 10: Lost everything on W10

Discus and support Lost everything on W10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I lost Edge, IE11, start menu, power turn off and I guess just about everything on W10. Is there a way I can restart W10 from the beginning. thanks 39367 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by enigma1944, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Lost everything on W10

I lost Edge, IE11, start menu, power turn off and I guess just about everything on W10. Is there a way I can restart W10 from the beginning. thanks

:)

enigma1944, Jan 31, 2016

2. Windows 10 complete

I have just been asked to delete my windows 7 info, to make room for a more complete w10. You know what? I am not happy with windows 10. I feel I have lost my computer. My computer came with a DVD that worked just fine. Songs downloaded just fine. Everything
    about the computer worked. Now I have downloaded w10 and I have lost everything. Oh, I got it back, after visiting a store where if I wanted the same quality I had, I had to pay for it.

I am not at all pleased with w10. I had more control. I knew what was happening and why. Now they want me to get rid of w7 altogether, and just have w10. I DO NOT TRUST W10. There is no one to talk to-try and reach someone-I dare you. It's community this,
    computer will help you with that. I am not amused.

So, now I debate with myself to delete w10. There is no one to ask. Not really.

Hey, Bill, what would you do?

Never mind.

LoriDervent, Jan 31, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    lost everything

Hi Janette, this is happening much too often at the moment, I think you are logged into a temporary account . . .

Please open Windows File Explorer

Navigate to C:\Users

Do you see your old user profile

Open that folder and check inside Pictures, Documents . . . etc. and see if your files are there

If your files are there:

Create a new user profile with Admin privileges

Copy all your data from the old profile to the new profile (Documents Library, Pictures Library . . . etc.)

DaveM121, Jan 31, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Lost everything on W10

Is your Start button still there ?

If yes, does right click at the Start button still work ?
    If yes again.........
    RIGHT click at the Start button > click "Shut down or sign out" > a popup box will appear, Restart is one of the options.
    Press Shift key and hold > click Restart > wait > click Troubleshoot > click Reset this PC > follow the prompts from then on.............

davidhk, Jan 31, 2016
  5. Start button is there and stays lit only. When I put the cursor on it, it goes off

enigma1944, Jan 31, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    I meant right click at the Start button.
    Does it respond to right click ?

davidhk, Jan 31, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Jan 31, 2016
  8. Slugger Win User

Lost everything on W10

BACK UP FIRST! Macrium Reflect

Slugger, Jan 31, 2016
  9. enigma1944, Feb 1, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    The words in blue is the link to the tutorial. Click it.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Lost everything on W10

1. Lost everything on W10 - Similar Threads - Lost everything W10

2. Lost everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost everything: Restarted my computer and it wiped out everything is there anyway to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-everything/b99b4f59-196a-4216-955b-69e1750bf039
  3. Lost everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost everything: Restarted my computer and it wiped out everything is there anyway to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-everything/b99b4f59-196a-4216-955b-69e1750bf039
  4. Lost W10 Pro License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost W10 Pro License: I need to reclaim my Windows 10 Professional License. I replaced the hard dirve in my PC and installed the OS to a new Solid State drive, but it loaded as Windows 10 Home. When I originally purchase the Windows 10 Professional for this machine it was an online download and I...
  5. Lost most everything.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost most everything.: Looks like I had a power surge during the day. Turned my computer on and everything has changed. Went to look for my pics and have none. Nothing on my home screen is the same. Is there anyway to restore? Plus I thought Microsoft 10 had a backup, but I can't find. What do I...
  6. Lost Almost Everything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost Almost Everything: I recently got on my hp laptop and when I put in my pin, it said preparing windows as if it had factory reset. The weird thing is a couple desktop applications survived but NO files. Everything on it except for those was deleted. The only change I made was stopping microsoft...
  7. Lost everything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost everything: Hey there, am hoping for some help, I realize this is probably an impossible ask, but nevertheless here I am. About a 2 months ago, my wife’s computer went into an endless loop of ‘diagnosing pc’. After numerous phone calls with Microsoft and endless troubleshooting attempts...
  8. BSOD seem to have lost W10 tried everything now

BSOD seem to have lost W10 tried everything now: Tried cmd chkdsk c: /f /r /x message says The type of file system id NTFS. cannot lock current drive. volume dismounted. All open handles to this volume are now invalid. volume label is Acer. Stage 1. 0 bad file records processed Stage 2. Index verification...
  9. Lost everything

Lost everything: I turned on my computer and it automatically updated my browser from Edge to Chromium Edge. It deleted all of my favorites and saved passwords to important websites that I visit often. How do I get them back?...
  10. lost everything

in Windows 10 Support
    lost everything: Turned pc on and bang lost everything.win ten was asking for me to buy. security license said expired. 10 manager said buy. what the heck happened? 4912