Windows 10: Lost Excel Worksheet Data after Windows Update Last Night

Discus and support Lost Excel Worksheet Data after Windows Update Last Night in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I saved my excel file, then selected Update Windows and Shut Down. Opened excel file this a.m. and my worksheets are gone. Pls help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by msmith4012, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Lost Excel Worksheet Data after Windows Update Last Night

I saved my excel file, then selected Update Windows and Shut Down. Opened excel file this a.m. and my worksheets are gone. Pls help.

:)

msmith4012, Oct 15, 2020

2. Excel Worksheet in Drive G

I did something to make a worksheet that I had prepared in Excel to go to my external drive G. Now each time I need to get the worksheet for some reason it tells me that it is not there, but I can see it in the external drive. I want to it on drive C.
    Suggestions?

metromiami74, Oct 15, 2020
  3. simrick Win User
    Excel Worksheet in Drive G

If you saved the worksheet on C drive in Excel, that's where it will look for it. If you moved it to drive G (even by accident), Excel is still looking for it at the last known location where you saved it. If you open Excel and navigate to the location on the G drive where you know it is, then open it, and "save as" to the original location on the C drive, Excel will know where it is, and you will be able to open it next time from within the Excel program.

simrick, Oct 15, 2020
  4. Lost Excel Worksheet Data after Windows Update Last Night

Windows 10 update didn't update + Excel 2016 lost data

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience with Windows updates. Don’t worry. We will assist to resolve this issue.

This update includes improvements to enhance the functionality of Windows 10.

For reference: Cumulative update for Windows 10: September 30, 2015

Follow the below step to troubleshoot Windows update issue:

1. Type Troubleshooter in the
    search bar
    and click on it from the list.

2. Click on view all and select
    Windows update
    and click next.

3. Follow the onscreen instruction.

And related to recover the lost data of your Excel, follow the below steps and check if it helps:

1. Open the Excel and click on File.

2. Now select the Info tab and then click on the versions
    of your file.

3. Check if you are able to find the lost data.

Try the above step and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

Lost Excel Worksheet Data after Windows Update Last Night

1. Lost Excel Worksheet Data after Windows Update Last Night - Similar Threads - Lost Excel Worksheet

2. Help with emailing an excel worksheet

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Help with emailing an excel worksheet: Hello, all I'm a relative novice at writing VBA code and don't pretend to very knowledgeable about computers but I persevere and usually get somewhere but I've been stuck for months on what, I'm sure, ought to be a simple task. Quite simply, all I want to do is write a...
  3. Help with emailing an excel worksheet

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with emailing an excel worksheet: Hello, all I'm a relative novice at writing VBA code and don't pretend to very knowledgeable about computers but I persevere and usually get somewhere but I've been stuck for months on what, I'm sure, ought to be a simple task. Quite simply, all I want to do is write a...
  4. WINDOWS 10 UPDATE LAST NIGHT; NOW EXCEL SPREADSHEETS CANNOT BE SAVED AFTER UPDATING.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS 10 UPDATE LAST NIGHT; NOW EXCEL SPREADSHEETS CANNOT BE SAVED AFTER UPDATING.: Since last nights Window update, I have lost the ability to use my daily Microsoft Excel spreadsheets. When I update them, they will not save. The system does not recognize the extension of any of my Excel documents....
  5. help. update on windows 10 last night. Everything was lost.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    help. update on windows 10 last night. Everything was lost.: UPdate on windows 10 last night and now I have lost everything. How do I get these back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-update-on-windows-10-last-night-everything/3abb8c44-69ca-443e-af90-ee2fe860960c"
  6. microsoft excel worksheet

in Windows 10 Customization
    microsoft excel worksheet: I had an update on my windows 10 program last couple of weeks and when I check all of my files they lost them where are all of my files you lost? I had a tech trying to scam what do I do when I lost all of my personal; files including the Microsoft excel spreadsheet....
  7. Windows update last night

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows update last night: Just checkexc what was new after the update applied last night and can't find anything about Microsoft overwriting my personalisations. For instance you have removed my wallpaper and replaced it with a black screen and have changed my screensaver from "Windows 10 is ****" to...
  8. EXCEL WORKSHEETS MOVING

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EXCEL WORKSHEETS MOVING: Hi, I am trying once again to get an answer to what appears to be a simple request but I cannot solve it. I have 12 excel worksheets on my desktop (windows 10) they are labelled January through to December but each time I edit one of the worksheets I save it and it goes to a...
  9. Updating excel worksheet from pc to tablet

in Windows 10 Support
    Updating excel worksheet from pc to tablet: I am running latest window update. 64 bit. I often prepare excel worksheets on my pc. The files are syncing OK but when I make updates on my pc, they do not update on the tablet. What am I not doing. 112960
  10. Excel Worksheet in Drive G

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel Worksheet in Drive G: I did something to make a worksheet that I had prepared in Excel to go to my external drive G. Now each time I need to get the worksheet for some reason it tells me that it is not there, but I can see it in the external drive. I want to it on drive C. Suggestions? 55292