Windows 10: Lost facility on Documents screen

Discus and support Lost facility on Documents screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Sorry about the vague title but it was the best I could do. Until the 1809 update yesterday, on the Documents screen I could click on a file or folder,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by convul, Jan 28, 2019.

1. convul Win User

Lost facility on Documents screen

Sorry about the vague title but it was the best I could do.
    Until the 1809 update yesterday, on the Documents screen I could click on a file or folder, drag it across to the vertical column on the left (I can't find out what it is called) and as soon as the dragged icon reached the Downloads, Music, videos, whatever, icon, the contents of the chosen Library (sic) would be listed to enable more accurate final placing of the dragged file.
    The showing of the contents doesn't happen any more - how can I get it back?
    Thanks.

:)

convul, Jan 28, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 28, 2019
  3. Nath Bea Win User
    Wrong "remove from list" document on word mobile.

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern about re-enabling files that were removed from the Recent Documents List in Word, we suggest to follow this steps:

• Click the FILE tab in the program.
    • Click Options from the list on the left side of the screen.
    • On the Word Options dialog box, click Advanced in the list of options on the left.
    • On the Advanced screen, scroll down to the Display section. Select the value in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box. You can choose to change the value to 0 to disable the list.
    • When you open Word, or select the Open option in the program, there are no documents in your Recent Documents list.
    • To re-enable the list, go back into the Word Options dialog box and enter the desired value (from 0 to 50, inclusive) in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box on the Advanced screen. If any documents were previously displayed in the Recent Documents
      list, they are added to the list again.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Jan 28, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Lost text

Hi Martha,

There are a lot of possible factor for a text or a
    word document to be lost. To isolate the issue, I have some questions for you:

• What application did you use to create the text document?

• Were there any changes made before the text was lost?

• Were there any recent application installed?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Lost facility on Documents screen - Similar Threads - Lost facility Documents

2. Lost document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost document: Can't find a document that I just moved to a different folder. How do I undo the move?*Moved from Teams. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-document/70757f71-3502-493f-8b7c-c657655ed52f
  3. Lost document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost document: Can't find a document that I just moved to a different folder. How do I undo the move?*Moved from Teams. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-document/70757f71-3502-493f-8b7c-c657655ed52f
  4. LOST DOCUMENTS

LOST DOCUMENTS: I have just spent hours completing a form I saved it in google docs and emailed it to someone. The email has disappeared and the form is now coming up blank. Help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-documents/1f69c59d-79d7-4044-b9e3-58908fdb565a
  5. LOST DOCUMENT

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    LOST DOCUMENT: Hi, guys I really need some help. I was writing a document on Mord (Windows 10) and I left to go somewhere for a while. I noticed before I left that I had a Windows update pending (2004) but decided that I would come back and take care of it. I came back and my laptop was...
  6. I have lost the search facility

in Windows 10 Support
    I have lost the search facility: Hello everyone went to use the search facility (using the icon next to start button) - window appeared, and after just 2 seconds disappeared. I do not use this much, but believe(?) that recent windows 10 updates have had an influence on this failure. Has anyone else had the...
  7. Lost Document

Lost Document: I went to save my document, clicked Save As, then clicked Browse so I could insert it into a certain file, but as soon as I clicked it, Word closed and then rebooted to the screen where you choose the document template. The first time it did this I figured it was a fluke, I...
  8. Lost documents

Lost documents: Can't find document anywhere. In middle of working on a 7 page document a Microsoft notice popped up on OneNote asking for my password. I gave it and tried to go back to my document. Only 4 paragraphs of the 7 pages were there. I had been saving after every page...
  9. Lost document

Lost document: I was working on the second page of a document and closed down and went to lunch. When I returned and tried to get into the document, I could only get into page two, page one seems to have disappeared and I cannot retrieve it Please help RayTJ...
  10. Lost Documents

Lost Documents: I have lost my Documents and files after an update in windows 10, can't find them anywhere in the computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-documents/8a0ec8a5-5e38-4136-b7ac-67b2ba93da16"