Windows 10: LOST FAMILY TREE MAKER FILES ?????

Discus and support LOST FAMILY TREE MAKER FILES ????? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; CAN I GET A PHONE NUMBER OF SOMEONE TO HELP ME POSSIBLY FIND MY LOST FAMILY TREE FILES. I HAD OVER 450 RELATIVES AND OVER 300 PICTURES IN MY FILES.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by RobertSchuman1, Jan 17, 2019.

1. LOST FAMILY TREE MAKER FILES ?????

CAN I GET A PHONE NUMBER OF SOMEONE TO HELP ME POSSIBLY FIND MY LOST FAMILY TREE FILES. I HAD OVER 450 RELATIVES AND OVER 300 PICTURES IN MY FILES. I'M 83 YRS OLD AND DON'T HAVE ANYONE TO SUGGEST HOW I MIGHT POSSIBLY FIND THE FILES !!!

THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP !!! BOB SCHUMAN...SAN DIEGO, CA.

:)

RobertSchuman1, Jan 17, 2019
  2. j99enigma Win User

Notepad.exe Accidentally Associated with .sync file in Family Tree Maker 2014.1

Notepad.exe was accidentally associated with the .sync file in Family Tree Maker 2014.1

Notepad is now also has associated with other .sync files in iTunes, nVidia, Java and BitDefender.

I can't get this fixed. A re-install of Family Tree Maker 2014.1 fails because if these file associations.

RegEdit was used to remove the association for Family Tree Maker but it persists in the folder views.

Any suggestions?

j99enigma, Jan 17, 2019
  3. Don Varnau, Jan 17, 2019
  4. HelenFew Win User

LOST FAMILY TREE MAKER FILES ?????

FAMILY TREE MAKER /ADOBE ACROBAT FILES

Many thanks to Jim Wynne. I contacted Family Tree Maker Support three times but only heard back from them yesterday. I have now successfully opened my Family Tree file and I give below instructions as they were given to me as my file was saved on a CD.

Open up My Computer(File Explorer) and right click on icon and select copy. Right click anywhere in empty space on desktop and select Paste. Now launch FTM2014 and open old file by choosing File and clicking on Open, Choose the file you wish to convert
    and click Open. Confirm action to convert files to new format. After files are converted the icon will be slightly different

MY FILE HAD BEEN CONVERTED TO ADOBE FILES AND I HAD TO DO THE FOLLOWING.

Right click on tree file. From the contextual menu choose Properties. In the window that appears click Change

button in the General tab. From list of installed applications select Family Tree maker 2014.

AT THIS POINT I COULD NOT SELECT FTM AS IT WASN'T LISTED. I CLOSED COMPUTER DOWN. WHEN I OPENED MY COMPUTER AGAIN THE FILE HAD CONVERTED TO AN FTM FILE AND I WAS ABLE TO OPEN IT SUCCESSFULLY.

I hope this will be of help to someone and I am very grateful for the help I have received.

HelenFew, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

LOST FAMILY TREE MAKER FILES ?????

1. LOST FAMILY TREE MAKER FILES ????? - Similar Threads - LOST FAMILY TREE

2. Family Tree Maker 2019

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Tree Maker 2019: Suddenly, I am unable to open the app Family Tree Maker 2019. I can't repair or uninstall it either. I downloaded another copy but it fails to execute. Windows 11 says there is a problem but no further information or help. Can you help?Harold...
  3. Lost Family Tree maker

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Family Tree maker: How do I find Drives and Directories? My Family Tree Maker has disappeared, and I was instructed to go there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-family-tree-maker/5cdb2d21-77b2-4d68-a8bf-91d5a528fa07
  4. Lost Family Tree maker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost Family Tree maker: How do I find Drives and Directories? My Family Tree Maker has disappeared, and I was instructed to go there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-family-tree-maker/5cdb2d21-77b2-4d68-a8bf-91d5a528fa07
  5. Lost Family Tree maker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Family Tree Maker 2006

Family Tree Maker 2006: When I try to open I get the message Family Tree Maker cannot find your file. please check the "Directories" and "drives" fields to ensure you are supplying the correct path...
  7. Family Tree Maker 16

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Family Tree Maker 16: Run Family Tree Maker 16 as l prefer that Version. Runs on Windows 10 or did. When l try to open it it says missing LTKRN13N.dll. Have tried uninstalling and reloading. When reinstalled it then automatically opens no problems but once closed l then get the same message...
  8. Family Tree Maker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Family Tree Maker: I had my computer reset and lost Family Tree Maker versions 2017 and 2019. How can I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-tree-maker/44b24c95-12f7-4189-82c6-943333422ede
  9. Family Tree maker will not open

Family Tree maker will not open: My FTM 2010 program will not open, it says "file is corrupted", it has been working OK for about 8 years. If I Uninstall FTM, then re-install FTM prog, will I lose my 4000 plus names & details? 35 years of work. Cheers...
  10. Family Tree Maker 2006

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Family Tree Maker 2006: I lost FTM 2006 programme on my notebook when it crashed. I do not know how I got it on there originally. I have original FTM 2006 disc but my notebook has no disc drive. How do I get it on notebook without buying new version of FTM? I like the 2006 version. My notebook...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how t compree files with Family vTrre mker 10

2. compact file ftm

3. family tree maker not properly closed compact windows 10

4. Family Tree Maker 2017 too slow