Windows 10: Lost file & Lost Administrator on Windows 10

Discus and support Lost file & Lost Administrator on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Two issues today...1) I moved a file from one folder to another but when I went to the new location it was not there. It was not in the old folder or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jackio, May 17, 2017.

1. jackio Win User

Lost file & Lost Administrator on Windows 10

Two issues today...1) I moved a file from one folder to another but when I went to the new location it was not there. It was not in the old folder or any of the other document folders. I, also, checked the recycle just in case and it was not there. File search does not find it...any ideas as to where it might have gone or how to find it?

1) When I boot my PC, I no longer have the option to sign on as the administrator and when I do the netplwiz the only account showing is the personal account. I am therefore unable to do any admin functions. Help!

:)

jackio, May 17, 2017

2. Lost app's after windows 10 upgrade ! ? '

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/Find-lost-files-after-the-update-to-Windows-10

Find lost files after the update to Windows 10

As Sarkar said, you should find everything in Windows.old. Don't move files out of it for now, just
    copy them if necessary. The folder will be important should you decide to revert. And it will disappear on its own in about a month.

It could be Windows booted you to a "temporary profile". A "profile" is the user name you log into. Then, reboot to your normal profile (preferably the one that was in effect at the time of the upgrade) - & hopefully your files
    will return. The temporary one will disappear with any changes you have made to it; so, the sooner the reboot the better.

Or, it could be a Windows 7 administrator account was disabled. You will have to enable it to recover your files. I have no "Local Users and Groups" in Computer Management. If you also do not, then look in "C:\Users" for a user
    named "Administrator" with a down arrow on its icon - & try to do what the article said.

PCR Just PCR, May 17, 2017
  3. PCR Just PCR, May 17, 2017
Thema:

Lost file & Lost Administrator on Windows 10

1. Lost file & Lost Administrator on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Lost file Lost

2. Lost administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost administrator: Help,No administrator rights on sons computer. We have a Microsoft account separate from this computer with 2 adult administrators. How do we load administrator to this 1 computer? Thanks...
  3. Lost administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost administrator: Help,No administrator rights on sons computer. We have a Microsoft account separate from this computer with 2 adult administrators. How do we load administrator to this 1 computer? Thanks...
  4. ADMINISTRATOR PRIVILEDGES LOST

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ADMINISTRATOR PRIVILEDGES LOST: ADMINISTRATOR PRIVILEDGES LOST ALONG WITH PASSWORD AFTER MS UPDATES. I REALLY NEED ACCESS TO MY ADMINISTRATOR PRIVILEDGES. I CANNOT ACCESS ANYTHING.I DO NOT KNOW THE PASSWORD. PLEASE HELP.I feel that Microsoft has a responsibility to assist after a surprise update has taken...
  5. ADMINISTRATOR PRIVILEDGES LOST

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ADMINISTRATOR PRIVILEDGES LOST: ADMINISTRATOR PRIVILEDGES LOST ALONG WITH PASSWORD AFTER MS UPDATES. I REALLY NEED ACCESS TO MY ADMINISTRATOR PRIVILEDGES. I CANNOT ACCESS ANYTHING.I DO NOT KNOW THE PASSWORD. PLEASE HELP.I feel that Microsoft has a responsibility to assist after a surprise update has taken...
  6. Windows Update. Administrator Account and Files Lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update. Administrator Account and Files Lost: Hi. Can someone please help out. Accidentally carried out a windows 10 update from my guest account and my admin account and all the files in it are missing. How can I recover the account and the files in it? Literally all my important files were in there. Any help please?...
  7. Windows Update. Administrator Account and Files Lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update. Administrator Account and Files Lost: Hi. Can someone please help out. Accidentally carried out a windows 10 update from my guest account and my admin account and all the files in it are missing. How can I recover the account and the files in it? Literally all my important files were in there. Any help please?...
  8. Windows Update. Administrator Account and Files Lost

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Lost Administrative rights in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Administrative rights in Windows 10: When installing or deleting some programs or even accessing my previously worked out folders, I'm told I need to have administrative privileges. I'm the user on my computer and I'm listed as administrator and my brother also uses this computer having different account which...
  10. Lost administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lost administrator: Hi, I am having a problem with my windows 10 accounts. I had on acc that had all rights and i decied to make another on. So i did. Next thing i did is that i chaned names of both accounts and that is situation where i lost my administrator. It just dissapeard..there is no...