Windows 10: Lost File. SafeHouse Explorer

Discus and support Lost File. SafeHouse Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have lost a file (SafeHouse explorer) that was on the desktop, I have checked the recycle bin, one drive and clipboard but no luck, I have used the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by caprice, Jan 19, 2021.

1. caprice Win User

Lost File. SafeHouse Explorer

I have lost a file (SafeHouse explorer) that was on the desktop, I have checked the recycle bin, one drive and clipboard but no luck, I have used the search but no luck there. I have not deleted as far as I am aware. Any suggestions please.
    SafeHouse is an encryption program that keeps you files safe.

Dell Laptop Inspiron 5593 MFG YR 2019. Service Tag HNV4JZ2.

:)

caprice, Jan 19, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Safehouse explorer

For anyone reading, this seems to be the program in question:
    SafeHouse Explorer - SafeHouse User's Guide

Hi, do you use disk imaging routinely as tenforum members tirelessly recommend? E.g. Macrium Reflect (free/paid).

If so, restore the relevant partitions.

Otherwise: There's their support page- best to seek product specific advice rather than here on a more general O/S basis.
    Lock Files and Folders with SafeHouse Encryption Software

Assuming one or more protected vaults was created, this may still be physically on the partition and be recoverable. However, if you've been using that partition, as ever, with deleted files, it could well have been at least partially overwritten.

dalchina, Jan 19, 2021
  3. Dee Lion Win User
    Safehouse explorer

Savehouse Explorer creates encrypted "vault" files on the drives you specify.
    A file search for *.sdsk will locate any vaults on a drive, but you'll need the password for a particular vault to open it.
    Uinstalling or deleting the Safehouse Explorer program does not delete any of the vaults it created.

Safehouse Explorer.exe is a standalone program with no required dependencies.
    So if you copy it to a removable drive on which you've created a vault, you can access that vault on any Windows computer without requiring any software installation.

When run on a computer that doesn't already have the optional support module installed, it will offer to install that module. This requires admin access to install and will provide an improved user interface, but it is NOT required to access your vault. I definitely recommend installing it on your computers.

Important: After installation, keep backup copies of the installed Safehouse Explorer.exe program file, which is web-independent. The installer itself will NOT work unless it can access the safehousesoftware.com web site and thus is unusable if that site is down (as it is as I write this) or inaccessible, and without Safehouse Explorer.exe, you CAN'T access your vaults!

All sensitive data on my thumb drives is in Safehouse vaults so that if I lose a drive, that data is inaccessible to the finder.

Dee Lion, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Callender Win User

Callender, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Lost File. SafeHouse Explorer - Similar Threads - Lost File SafeHouse

2. File Explorer Icon lost

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer Icon lost: Hey guys! Today, I just switched on my pc, and I found out that the file explorer icon has been lost. I went to properties from the taskbar, and changed the icon I had an icon for backup, but when I applied it, still it remained the same- a paper with one corner folded....
  3. File Explorer Icon lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Icon lost: Hey guys! Today, I just switched on my pc, and I found out that the file explorer icon has been lost. I went to properties from the taskbar, and changed the icon I had an icon for backup, but when I applied it, still it remained the same- a paper with one corner folded....
  4. File Explorer Icon lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. What Do We Know About Safehouse-Explorer Encryption?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What Do We Know About Safehouse-Explorer Encryption?: How up to date is it? Why can't I access the web page? With all those questions asked, I am trying it on my test computer. It works well, even though I can't figure out how to delete a volume/safe. 166778
  6. Lost Drag and drop ability in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Drag and drop ability in File Explorer: Hello, I am trying to get some help from a legit source for this problem. A few weeks ago I noticed that I can no longer Drag & Drop files within File Explorer. I have tried going into Task Manager and then clicking "End Process Tree" and then restarting File Explorer....
  7. Safehouse explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Safehouse explorer: I have accidently uninstalled safehouse explorer with my files still in it, can anyone tell me where they will be on the PC so that I can retrieve them. ever hopeful... 146944
  8. Safehouse explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Safehouse explorer: I have accidently uninstalled safehouse explorer with my files still in it, can anyone tell me where they will be on the PC so that I can retrieve them. ever hopeful... 146944
  9. File Explorer has lost files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer has lost files: I had my documents and pictures on a second drive. I took it out. Now those folders under "This PC" in File Explorer tell me to insert a drive when I click on them because it is looking for D:/Documents. (It is correct in Libraries and Quick Access.) It isn't a major problem...
  10. Lost folders in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost folders in Explorer: Hello, Does anybody have any idea why some of my folders are missing now from explorer and all windows apps/file manager...BUT I can see them from Command Line and also some of the folders include for instance videos and I can see the videos there...and in the file...