Windows 10: Lost File

Discus and support Lost File in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, This is a request , I used to have a Zip file that contained shortcuts for windows 7/8 &10. The files were downloaded from the internet and when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rayal, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Rayal Win User

Lost File

Hi,
    This is a request , I used to have a Zip file that contained shortcuts for windows 7/8 &10. The files were downloaded from the internet and when extracted in the form of a list or icons (as preference).
    I recently purchased a new pc and somehow failed to save said Zip file.
    Unfortunately I completely erased HDD on my old pc so retrieving them that way no option.
    I have tried searching on Internet for the Zip file to no avail.
    Does anyone recognize such a file and if so could let me know the appropiate URL.
    Thanks in advance

:)

Rayal, Apr 8, 2017

2. lost file

Have you checked in recycle bin on the desktop?

Use the search box on the taskbar to search for a keyword in the title then follow the results that come up.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Apr 8, 2017
  3. lost files

OK. This will be done. Thank you for your help. Merry Christmas. Hopefully my files will be recovered. The problem has been resolved.

mildred mccoy, Apr 8, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Lost File

Hi, what sort of shortcuts? Hotkeys? I doubt you would mean shortcuts as in .lnk files...

dalchina, Apr 8, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Bree, Apr 8, 2017
  6. Rayal Win User
    Thanks Bree ,I'll create shortcuts as I need them

Rayal, Apr 9, 2017
  7. Rayal Win User
    Hi, I know you're not meant to answer your own posts, but I finally found the download I was looking for ,and here is the URL should anyone else be interested-----http://www.digitalcitizen.life/biggest-library-windows-7-shortcuts. Despite the name it also has shortcuts for windows 8/8.1 and 10.

Rayal, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Lost File

1. Lost File - Similar Threads - Lost File

2. Win 11 - lost download files when moving drive location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 - lost download files when moving drive location: Win 11, I moved my download file location from C:\Users\Trader Account\Downloads to D:\Download without saving files when moving them. When I transferred the download location to D drive, I did not click on "Yes" move the current files in the downloads. As results, I lost the...
  3. Win 11 - lost download files when moving drive location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 - lost download files when moving drive location: Win 11, I moved my download file location from C:\Users\Trader Account\Downloads to D:\Download without saving files when moving them. When I transferred the download location to D drive, I did not click on "Yes" move the current files in the downloads. As results, I lost the...
  4. Im wondering if the files on my onedrive file will be lost if i downgrade from windows 11 to 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Im wondering if the files on my onedrive file will be lost if i downgrade from windows 11 to 10: I want to downgrade to windows 10 from 11 but you lose all your data so i was wondering if you log into your onedrive after downgrading, will it bring the files from windows 11 that i saved to my onedrive cloud, to 10?...
  5. Im wondering if the files on my onedrive file will be lost if i downgrade from windows 11 to 10

Im wondering if the files on my onedrive file will be lost if i downgrade from windows 11 to 10: I want to downgrade to windows 10 from 11 but you lose all your data so i was wondering if you log into your onedrive after downgrading, will it bring the files from windows 11 that i saved to my onedrive cloud, to 10?...
  6. Recover a lost file using WINDOWS FILE RECOVERY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover a lost file using WINDOWS FILE RECOVERY: what syntax should i use if i want to recover a file from C: to my documents in the same drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-a-lost-file-using-windows-file-recovery/6445e2e2-ce73-41f0-8b61-0586b4b29cf4
  7. Recover a lost file using WINDOWS FILE RECOVERY

Recover a lost file using WINDOWS FILE RECOVERY: what syntax should i use if i want to recover a file from C: to my documents in the same drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-a-lost-file-using-windows-file-recovery/6445e2e2-ce73-41f0-8b61-0586b4b29cf4
  8. Mouse drivers broken, reset PC, lost files, restore points missing, I'm at a loss

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mouse drivers broken, reset PC, lost files, restore points missing, I'm at a loss: In January, Windows installed a stack update to my PC which broke my mouse drivers. My mouse I tried 3 different devices is randomly intermittently left- and right-clicking in the bottom left-middle of the main display screen. This has caused settings to be changed, items to...
  9. Mouse drivers broken, reset PC, lost files, restore points missing, I'm at a loss

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse drivers broken, reset PC, lost files, restore points missing, I'm at a loss: In January, Windows installed a stack update to my PC which broke my mouse drivers. My mouse I tried 3 different devices is randomly intermittently left- and right-clicking in the bottom left-middle of the main display screen. This has caused settings to be changed, items to...
  10. Mouse drivers broken, reset PC, lost files, restore points missing, I'm at a loss