Windows 10: Lost File

Discus and support Lost File in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, This is a request , I used to have a Zip file that contained shortcuts for windows 7/8 &10. The files were downloaded from the internet and when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rayal, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Rayal Win User

Lost File

Hi,
    This is a request , I used to have a Zip file that contained shortcuts for windows 7/8 &10. The files were downloaded from the internet and when extracted in the form of a list or icons (as preference).
    I recently purchased a new pc and somehow failed to save said Zip file.
    Unfortunately I completely erased HDD on my old pc so retrieving them that way no option.
    I have tried searching on Internet for the Zip file to no avail.
    Does anyone recognize such a file and if so could let me know the appropiate URL.
    Thanks in advance

:)

Rayal, Apr 8, 2017

2. lost file

Have you checked in recycle bin on the desktop?

Use the search box on the taskbar to search for a keyword in the title then follow the results that come up.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Apr 8, 2017
  3. lost files

OK. This will be done. Thank you for your help. Merry Christmas. Hopefully my files will be recovered. The problem has been resolved.

mildred mccoy, Apr 8, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Lost File

Hi, what sort of shortcuts? Hotkeys? I doubt you would mean shortcuts as in .lnk files...

dalchina, Apr 8, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Bree, Apr 8, 2017
  6. Rayal Win User
    Thanks Bree ,I'll create shortcuts as I need them

Rayal, Apr 9, 2017
  7. Rayal Win User
    Hi, I know you're not meant to answer your own posts, but I finally found the download I was looking for ,and here is the URL should anyone else be interested-----http://www.digitalcitizen.life/biggest-library-windows-7-shortcuts. Despite the name it also has shortcuts for windows 8/8.1 and 10.

Rayal, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Lost File

1. Lost File - Similar Threads - Lost File

2. Lost icons on the desktop and file manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost icons on the desktop and file manager: As the figure showns below, on the desktop, the apps are functionally normal but the icons are missing. That also happens in the file manager. However, in the startup menu, the icons and tiles are normal. I have tried restarting my PC, "/scannow" on cmd which no issue is...
  3. Recovering lost files on 2nd ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recovering lost files on 2nd ssd: I had 2 ssds, 1 for OS, and recently i bought another since it was on sale. My current ssd after updating will not boot and gives me the BSOD Over and over, ive tried everything. I have my 2nd ssd completely unused is there anyway i can recover my files and apps from my first...
  4. Lost ability to change permissions for Program Files x86

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost ability to change permissions for Program Files x86: I somehow lost my administrator permissions to control initiate Program Files x86. I have reset my permissions from the C: folder, but when I go to the Program Files x86 folder I am not able to edit permissions. The check boxes are grayed out for all Groups and User Names....
  5. Lost my files in Windows.old after Win10 version 2004 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost my files in Windows.old after Win10 version 2004 update: Please help me, I lost all my work files in the Windows.old folder. My computer had some serious problems a while back and I was forced to reinstall window 10. I have backed up all my files then, but since all the files was kept in the Windows.old folder after reinstalling...
  6. lost files

lost files: Is there a specific administrative command to retrieve a specific lost file such as "tax returns 2019" after a reboot following a crash in which years of files are missing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-files/67908e11-858b-4f38-9fb3-bd354db615ac
  7. Update/Lost folders and files

Update/Lost folders and files: Hello all, I have an unfortunate situation that has come up. I tend to leave my windows 10 laptop turned on most of the time and occasionally will come back to it and see it has restarted. Typically this means there was an update during the night (have them set for something...
  8. Seem to have lost my program files. Startup issue

Seem to have lost my program files. Startup issue: I have a week or so old laptop. I had put it on sleep mode, but when I came back, it had shutdown. When I tried turning it on, it showed the logo (Lenovo) and then blackscreen. Happened a lot of times (I force shut it down) then I opened the emergency thingy, where it gives...
  9. Files and apps lost or scattered after restoring backup due to change of Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Files and apps lost or scattered after restoring backup due to change of Hard Drive: Hello, My Hard Drive was replaced by Dell and I made a backup. After restoring the backup data, my file is scattered or lost. I do not find my Microsoft Office apps. They are not appearing in the search bar. I had to install the browser and other apps again. A lot of my...
  10. recover lost files on my local computer after I abort syncing onedrive?!

recover lost files on my local computer after I abort syncing onedrive?!: Problems: All my files saved in my local laptop disappears. This happened when I first installed a new Onedrive. It immediately suggested to me to sync the three folders: desktop, documents and pictures. I clicked yes. But, I realized it is too slow and thought I actually...