Windows 10: Lost File

Discus and support Lost File in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, This is a request , I used to have a Zip file that contained shortcuts for windows 7/8 &10. The files were downloaded from the internet and when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rayal, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Rayal Win User

Lost File

Hi,
    This is a request , I used to have a Zip file that contained shortcuts for windows 7/8 &10. The files were downloaded from the internet and when extracted in the form of a list or icons (as preference).
    I recently purchased a new pc and somehow failed to save said Zip file.
    Unfortunately I completely erased HDD on my old pc so retrieving them that way no option.
    I have tried searching on Internet for the Zip file to no avail.
    Does anyone recognize such a file and if so could let me know the appropiate URL.
    Thanks in advance

:)

Rayal, Apr 8, 2017

2. lost file

Have you checked in recycle bin on the desktop?

Use the search box on the taskbar to search for a keyword in the title then follow the results that come up.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Apr 8, 2017
  3. lost files

OK. This will be done. Thank you for your help. Merry Christmas. Hopefully my files will be recovered. The problem has been resolved.

mildred mccoy, Apr 8, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Lost File

Hi, what sort of shortcuts? Hotkeys? I doubt you would mean shortcuts as in .lnk files...

dalchina, Apr 8, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Bree, Apr 8, 2017
  6. Rayal Win User
    Thanks Bree ,I'll create shortcuts as I need them

Rayal, Apr 9, 2017
  7. Rayal Win User
    Hi, I know you're not meant to answer your own posts, but I finally found the download I was looking for ,and here is the URL should anyone else be interested-----http://www.digitalcitizen.life/biggest-library-windows-7-shortcuts. Despite the name it also has shortcuts for windows 8/8.1 and 10.

Rayal, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Lost File

1. Lost File - Similar Threads - Lost File

2. data lost after cut the files and paste into new folder during updating my windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    data lost after cut the files and paste into new folder during updating my windows 10: yesterday, I cut some of the files and paste into the new folder on my desktop during updating my windows 10. later I noticed some icons were missing on my desktop, then I undo paste and keep undoing later I found some files were missing I tried everything but couldn't found...
  3. Recovering Lost D Drive & Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovering Lost D Drive & Files: I've started my computer up a day after some system updates only to see I've lost over 900gbs of space! Now I only have my OS C: and can't find anything through the disk management section. How can I get my storage back? This is an internal hard drive that I can't find...
  4. User profile lost including desktop files, folders and taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    User profile lost including desktop files, folders and taskbar icons: Please Help Following the most recent windows updates I had a couple of intermittent problems as follows: 1. On occasion the PC would boot to a fresh desktop with program icons but all of my desktop files and folders gone as well as taskbar shortcuts disappeared. 2....
  5. Lost info in One Drive Files

Lost info in One Drive Files: After Syncing my files, when I go into One Drive and open a previous file that I saved the current information is gone. This has happened on several of my files. Anyone know why or how I can restore them?....
  6. Lost files on old windows installation

Lost files on old windows installation: Hello! I recently helped a friend of mine to install windows on his new SSD. I unplugged the old HDD with windows on and installed it on the empty SSD. I then reconnected the old HDD and was able to log onto both disks. But when i tried to locate all photos that he had...
  7. Lost files after WIndows 10 update

Lost files after WIndows 10 update: After a recent Windows 10 update, ALL my documents stored in a Windows.old folder have disappeared. There was over 20 years worth of important files stored in that folder and now they have all gone. Is there any way of retrieving them?...
  8. Recover Lost Files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover Lost Files: How can I recover lost files? I am getting VERY tired of Microsoft's updates breaking my computer, which they have done twice in the last month. And this is not the first time, either. This time, after updating, it deleted files on my desk top, removed icons, and I had to...
  9. Lost Drag and drop ability in File Explorer

Lost Drag and drop ability in File Explorer: Hello, I am trying to get some help from a legit source for this problem. A few weeks ago I noticed that I can no longer Drag & Drop files within File Explorer. I have tried going into Task Manager and then clicking "End Process Tree" and then restarting File Explorer....
  10. OneDrive : lost files

OneDrive : lost files: Hello everybody, OneDrive has informed me that 4 files have been deleted at a moment I was not on line. Naturally, those files must definitely not be deleted. So, as I was not online, they were still present online. What is the correct procedure to get them back if I...