Windows 10: Lost files after I did a Windows Reset "Keep my Files"

Discus and support Lost files after I did a Windows Reset "Keep my Files" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Recently did a reset on my laptop and I chose the keep my files option. Sadly, I cannot find my files anywhere. Even in the windows.old folder, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Naomiiii, May 29, 2020.

1. Naomiiii Win User

Lost files after I did a Windows Reset "Keep my Files"

Recently did a reset on my laptop and I chose the keep my files option. Sadly, I cannot find my files anywhere. Even in the windows.old folder, it isn't there. I tried EaseUS to recover but most are unreadable.

:)

Naomiiii, May 29, 2020
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, May 29, 2020
  3. File Lost!!

I had that happen once where I lost a file that was too big to recover, and I couldn't find a utility that could do it, either . . .

I ended up having to take the HDD to CompUSA and have them retrieve the lost info *Eek! Lost files after I did a Windows Reset "Keep my Files" :eek:

imperialreign, May 29, 2020
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

I need to convert Quattro pro files to windows Office 2007

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/ha010448731033.aspx

Install the Quattro Pro 5.0 converter
    To install the converter for Quattro Pro versions 1.0 through 5.0 for Windows, do the following:

Click Start on the Windows taskbar, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
    Double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon.
    Click the name of the Microsoft Office 2000 or Microsoft Excel 2000 program that you have, and then click Add/Remove.
    Click Add or Remove Features, and locate the Quattro Pro 5.0 Converter under Microsoft Excel for Windows.
    Click Run From My Computer to install the converter to your hard disk.
    Click Update Now.
    Open a Quattro Pro file
    To open a Quattro Pro file in Excel, follow these steps:

Click Open on the File menu.
    In the Look in list, click the drive or folder that contains the file you want to open, and then locate the folder that contains the file.
    In the Files of type list, click Quattro Pro 1.0/5.0 (Win) (*.wb1) if your files are from Quattro Pro for Windows versions 1.0 through 5.0, or click Quattro Pro/DOS Files (*.wq1). The former requires installation of the converter, as outlined above, before it appears in the list.
    Double-click the file you want to open.
    Notes

You cannot save files in the Quattro Pro 1.0/5.0 (Win) (*.wb1) format. If you open one of these files and make changes to it, you can save changes by saving as a Microsoft Excel Workbook (*.xls) or in another spreadsheet format.
    You can save changes in the Quattro Pro/DOS format, but changes made using features that are unique to Excel may be lost.

or

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HP052538431033.aspx

You can open a file created in another program, such as Lotus 1-2-3 or Quattro Pro, in Microsoft Excel the same way you would open an Excel file. You can then save the file in its original file format or as an Excel workbook using the standard Excel save commands. Files saved as Excel workbooks might not retain all of their original formatting, and features and formatting of an Excel workbook might not be available in other programs.

Lazzer408, May 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Lost files after I did a Windows Reset "Keep my Files" - Similar Threads - Lost files did

2. If i did a reset of my windows 10, but did the option to keep the files, can i recover it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If i did a reset of my windows 10, but did the option to keep the files, can i recover it.: Hi, i was wondering if there was anyway to restore the files/apps and stuff deleted in the reset windows.the windows.old file seems to be a bit empty...
  3. If i did a reset of my windows 10, but did the option to keep the files, can i recover it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If i did a reset of my windows 10, but did the option to keep the files, can i recover it.: Hi, i was wondering if there was anyway to restore the files/apps and stuff deleted in the reset windows.the windows.old file seems to be a bit empty...
  4. If i did a reset of my windows 10, but did the option to keep the files, can i recover it.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I lost all my files after reset PC keep my file option

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I lost all my files after reset PC keep my file option: I lost all my files for unkown reason after reset PC keep my file option I have tried recovery my files by easeUs every seem to be okay until i realize i can't open images png,jpg and those images are unable to upload to the internet. Please help me....
  6. I lost all my files after reset PC keep my file option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost all my files after reset PC keep my file option: I lost all my files for unkown reason after reset PC keep my file option I have tried recovery my files by easeUs every seem to be okay until i realize i can't open images png,jpg and those images are unable to upload to the internet. Please help me....
  7. I lost all my files after reset PC keep my file option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Reset but keep all personal files - all files lost.

Reset but keep all personal files - all files lost.: I was having trouble with being signed in to a temporary account so in the windows boot recovery I chose to reset my PC keeping all my personal files. 20 mins later however, I return to find my pc reset - and none of my files are there. Literally the only stuff left was a few...
  9. I lost my files after reset

I lost my files after reset: I did a reset because my computer often crashed with blue screen. Currently the system works without problems but I cannot find my important files in Appdata folder, I have collected some of these files for a few years. Please help me to find them. I found windows.old files...
  10. Lost e-mail Files When Doing a Windows 10 Reset With "Keep My Files"

Lost e-mail Files When Doing a Windows 10 Reset With "Keep My Files": I performed a "Refresh Windows 10 without losing data" on a Dell OptiPlex 760 and cannot locate my email Inbox and Folders files. I was using Windows Live Mail 2012. Any thoughts ??...