Windows 10: lost files after the upgrade to Windows 10 19.03

Discus and support lost files after the upgrade to Windows 10 19.03 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi, A user has applied the update to 19.03 of her Windows 10 Pro. She passed after several bugs. In the end, most of his data contained in Documents... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cbellocq, Aug 22, 2019.

1. cbellocq Win User

lost files after the upgrade to Windows 10 19.03

hi,

A user has applied the update to 19.03 of her Windows 10 Pro. She passed after several bugs. In the end, most of his data contained in Documents and Desktop disappeared.
    I followed the procedures described here, but could not find them.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12386/windows-10-find-lost-files-after-upgrade

Of course, she did not save before ...

Have you progress on this problem? Do you have a solution to offer me?

Thank

:)

cbellocq, Aug 22, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 22, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    windows 10 force upgrade! stuck at welcome screen and lost all files after upgrade.

Hi,

Are you able to log into computer?

This issue might have occurred because of upgrade file corruption. Follow the steps below and check.

I suggest you to create a Windows 10 installation media and perform a Startup Repair on the device and check if it helps to resolve the issue.
    This is an alternate way to boot the device and run recovery tools when something goes wrong with the Operating system.

Please follow the steps below to do Startup repair:

Steps:-

• Insert the installation USB drive
              and boot Windows 10 from it.

If you don't have one, you can Create an installation Media.

• In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’
              and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

• Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

• Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Startup Repair’
              and select the operating system.

You may also refer the link below to find the lost files.

Find lost files after the update to Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/find-lost-files-after-the-update-to-windows-10

Do let us know if you are able to log into computer and get all the files and folders.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Aug 22, 2019
  4. lost files after the upgrade to Windows 10 19.03

Lost files after upgrading to Windows 10.

Hello Paul,

Thanks for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From the above description, I understand you have lost the files after upgrading to Windows 10 on your computer.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• How did you upgrade to Windows 10 (Using Media Creation Tool or Windows Updates)?

• How many days has it been since upgrading to Windows 10?

• Did you check if the lost files are found in
      windows.old
      folder?

When you upgrade to Windows 10, the previous Windows files and folders are automatically stored in
    C:\Windows.old folder. This folder is kept by Windows only for one month (30 days). After one month Windows 10 will automatically delete the folder.

The files & folders from the previous operating system after the upgrade to Windows 10 might have been saved in the
    windows.old folder. Check if the lost files and folders are present in
    windows.old folder by following the steps below:

Step 1: Using Cortana

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard and type
      windows.old in the search box.

• Select the search result which shows folder and drive location of the program.

• Follow the file/folder path to check the contents of the same.

Step 2: Using Windows explorer

• Press Windows logo + E keys on the keyboard to open Windows Explorer.

• Click on This PC option from the left side panel of the window.

• Type windows.old in the Search This PC
      box located at the top right corner of the window.

• Follow the file/folder path to check the contents of the same.

Refer to the link below on Find lost files after the update to Windows 10 and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/find-lost-files-after-the-update-to-windows-10

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

lost files after the upgrade to Windows 10 19.03

1. lost files after the upgrade to Windows 10 19.03 - Similar Threads - lost files upgrade

2. Lost d drive files after from Windows 10 upgrade to windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost d drive files after from Windows 10 upgrade to windows11: After upgrade from windows 10 to windows 11, files are lost from d drive, the d drive and few directories exist but all files are deleted. I reverted back to windows 10 but still files are not recovered. OS is running fine.Already tried uninstalling disk drivers and recovery...
  3. Lost d drive files after from Windows 10 upgrade to windows11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost d drive files after from Windows 10 upgrade to windows11: After upgrade from windows 10 to windows 11, files are lost from d drive, the d drive and few directories exist but all files are deleted. I reverted back to windows 10 but still files are not recovered. OS is running fine.Already tried uninstalling disk drivers and recovery...
  4. Upgraded to windows 10 lost files

Upgraded to windows 10 lost files: Upgraded from windows 7 to 10. Had multiple users. I only see one users information. Where / how do I get second profile/ files back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgraded-to-windows-10-lost-files/23f3ac14-1f60-4779-92c1-7a078ea46c6d
  5. Office 2016 update 05/03/19?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2016 update 05/03/19?: Hello, I was wondering if Office 2016 Professional Plus had an update yesterday. Something change and all of my icons changed to look like Office 365. I like the old icons. I also can't find anything on Microsoft's site that shows that there was an update. I want to make...
  6. Lost all my files after upgrade

Lost all my files after upgrade: My laptop undertook an automatic upgrade yesterday and now I cannot find any of my previously saved documents and files - photos and many word document. I have tried looking in the C drive and users - all folders empty. How can I recover these many files that I thought I...
  7. Latest windows 10 pro update bricked laptop (03/13/19)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest windows 10 pro update bricked laptop (03/13/19): I just updated my sager clevo p955er to the latest windows which i assume was release today or yesterday. When the notebook restarted it booted in to windows but nothing worked aside from a few function keys (fn + volume/LCD/SLEEP). Everything aside from those was completely...
  8. Lost camera after Windows 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost camera after Windows 10 Upgrade: Hi, When I upgraded to Windows 10 my video camera disapeared. No search could find it and I was told by the australian support for my computer that they had not developed the driver for Windows 10. Can you help? PaulT...
  9. uninstall office 03 after upgrading to 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    uninstall office 03 after upgrading to 10: ok, got a buddy in the uk who upgraded to 10, now he wants to remove microsoft office 03 as its barely compatible with 10 and he wants to grab a more recent version of office. small problem. he cant figure out how to uninstall it. the usual suspects for enabling an uninstall...
  10. Lost files and folders on desktop after windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost files and folders on desktop after windows 10 upgrade: Hello, I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 over 4 days ago. After windows 10 was up, all the folders/files in my desktop were moved somewhere. I did a file search and moved them back to the desktop. I was on a general user admin account. Shortly after, I logged into my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 19.03 Windows updates