Windows 10: Lost files and apps when Edge was updated.

Discus and support Lost files and apps when Edge was updated. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; There was an automatic update on my Edge 2 days ago, at night while sleeping, when I got up in the morning and turned on my laptop is when I saw it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DanAlmashy, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Lost files and apps when Edge was updated.

There was an automatic update on my Edge 2 days ago, at night while sleeping, when I got up in the morning and turned on my laptop is when I saw it was done. It had info about the new Edge etc. well when I went through a couple screens and turned those off, I see my desktop had been cleared of all my saved files on it, some pictures a couple downloads etc. Just like a new computer first time turning on. Background picture I had as well, it had the standard default windows background. Now, I also lost my windows 10 image or photo viewer. When I click on a photo is says I don't have an app to open a paint 3d image?? This is mainly what I need, to restore the part of the windows 10 program that opens photos etc. Where did it go. I have clicked the drop down on open with and looked for the app on my computer, and it doesn't seem to be there anymore.

:)

DanAlmashy, Jun 18, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 18, 2020
  3. monim1 Win User
    EMUI

Here's the steps to update EMUI 4.1.1 to 5.0 :
    • Download the EMUI 5.0(desired version) .zip file, and unzip it.
    • Place the .hwt file in the HWThemes folder from your phone.
    • Using the Themes app, apply the new theme.
    • Restart the phone, in order to see all the new changes.
    And you’re done!

monim1, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Lost files and apps when Edge was updated.

edge icon and app disappearing!

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing Microsoft Edge, we will help you with this issue.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the below method and check.

Steps:

• Press Windows key
    • Type Edge
    • Right click on Microsoft Edge and select
      Pin to taskbar

Method 2: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• Now check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

Lost files and apps when Edge was updated.

1. Lost files and apps when Edge was updated. - Similar Threads - Lost files apps

2. Lost Audio when Updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost Audio when Updates: EVERY time my computer updates HP spectre 360 I lose my audio. Both the speakers in the computer AND when I connect to my TV for workouts. So sick of this. NOT tech savvy. HELP! It will randomly fix itself at some point in the future, but would be nice if I didn't...
  3. Edge and lost all of my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge and lost all of my files: I uploaded Edge and lost all of my desktop icons, pictures, and files. How do I restore them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-and-lost-all-of-my-files/0b682565-e2ab-48c5-a86d-f3ce07232049
  4. Edge Update and Everything Lost!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Edge Update and Everything Lost!: So I come in this morning and have an EDGE update. My desktop has been completely wiped out, my favorites are gone, my edge start page does not link to where I had it and all my passwords that are auto filled are gone. In addition, the mail button does not take me anywhere;...
  5. Lost files and apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost files and apps: I do not speak computereze . I updated my PC and lost the ability to access and edit any word docs. Notice says I have to purchase window office to gain access. I also lost some apps the most important of which was Legacy. Legacy has my family tree info I added for the past...
  6. Lost my files, settings and apps with a Windows Update

Lost my files, settings and apps with a Windows Update: My computer automatically updated Windows and after the restart I found my files, settings and apps gone. Can you help me recover everything please? I would like my user to be the way it was before the update....
  7. Lost Chrome to Edge in last update.

Lost Chrome to Edge in last update.: When I did the last update in February, I lost Chrome. Now I cannot get it back. When I try to download it all I get is the picture that is on my google account. I need chrome for some of the things I do on my computer, that Edge seems to not support. How can I get it...
  8. Lost Favourites in Edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost Favourites in Edge: Hello, I've just lost all my Favourites in Edge for seemingly no reason at all. The only thing I did was renew a subscription to CCleaner, without doing any kind of cleaning. Just paid the money. I've been through a number of processes suggested on the net with no effect...
  9. Lost favorites in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Lost favorites in Edge: With the last update for win 10 I lost most of my favorites. I created a new folder in favorites but cannot find it on my PC. Where is it stored? Thank you. 32075
  10. lost my files,settings and apps by automatic update

in Windows 10 Support
    lost my files,settings and apps by automatic update: Hi friends, i was using Windows 10 Enterprise . And from automatic update, i lost my most important files . But , i have now recovered them . Now, the problem is that only two apps i.e. Cortana and Microsoft Edge are coming . And i can't find store,outlook,news and other apps...