Windows 10: Lost files in Google Drive using Windows Explorer

Discus and support Lost files in Google Drive using Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I think I've screwed up. Had an old laptop that was near death so placed all my pictures etc into Google Drive (or so I thought) but I did this in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jamjarz, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Jamjarz Win User

Lost files in Google Drive using Windows Explorer

Hi, I think I've screwed up. Had an old laptop that was near death so placed all my pictures etc into Google Drive (or so I thought) but I did this in Windows Explorer (under the Google Drive file name) - not using the GD browser function. They looked like they were in there, but once the laptop died (completely) I signed in to GD (browser) on another laptop and they aren't there! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Did they not get saved into GD? Thanks!

:)

Jamjarz, Dec 15, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 15, 2018
  3. codetonics, Dec 15, 2018
  4. Lost files in Google Drive using Windows Explorer

google drive to file explorer

how do I pin my google drive to quick start and file explorer?

oceanassets, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

Lost files in Google Drive using Windows Explorer

1. Lost files in Google Drive using Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - Lost files Google

2. Lost connection to Google Drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost connection to Google Drive?: I have google drive installed on my computer - sometimes when I log on in the morning my drive is listed as "Unavailable" - I can open google drive and access files within the app, but my computer somehow can't see the drive and I can't find it to save files there. When I...
  3. Lost connection to Google Drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost connection to Google Drive?: I have google drive installed on my computer - sometimes when I log on in the morning my drive is listed as "Unavailable" - I can open google drive and access files within the app, but my computer somehow can't see the drive and I can't find it to save files there. When I...
  4. Lost connection to Google Drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Google Drive on Windows Explorer no syncing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Drive on Windows Explorer no syncing: I added Google Drive to my windows explorer. I then proceeded to update some folder names and add some files inside that "attached" drive. When I went to look for the new folders and files via my phone hooked to my Google Drive, those new folders/files were not showing up....
  6. Adding google drive to File explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adding google drive to File explorer: how do I add my google drive to my file explorer so i can save files to it like i do to One drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-google-drive-to-file-explorer/1a8bcfe5-7efc-4203-8517-937286c5e67d
  7. Adding google drive to File explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding google drive to File explorer: how do I add my google drive to my file explorer so i can save files to it like i do to One drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-google-drive-to-file-explorer/1a8bcfe5-7efc-4203-8517-937286c5e67d
  8. Adding google drive to File explorer

9. Windows Explorer Search in Google Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer Search in Google Drive: Hello All, I've noticed when I do a keyword search in Windows Explorer that it fails to find files that match my search. I'm using Windows Explorer to search Google Drive. Any suggestions ?...
  10. Windows Explorer Search in Google Drive

Windows Explorer Search in Google Drive: Hello All, I've noticed when I do a keyword search in Windows Explorer that it fails to find files that match my search. I'm using Windows Explorer to search Google Drive. Any suggestions ?...