Windows 10: Lost files on old windows installation

Discus and support Lost files on old windows installation in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! I recently helped a friend of mine to install windows on his new SSD. I unplugged the old HDD with windows on and installed it on the empty... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Victor Carlén, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Lost files on old windows installation

Hello!

I recently helped a friend of mine to install windows on his new SSD. I unplugged the old HDD with windows on and installed it on the empty SSD. I then reconnected the old HDD and was able to log onto both disks. But when i tried to locate all photos that he had stored under the photos tab in the explorer I couldn't see any of them. It was photos from his graduation and other stuff so would not be fun to lose them.

Do anyone have any possible solutions on this problem?

All help ins needed!!!

Thanks Victor!

:)

Victor Carlén, Mar 15, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 15, 2020
  3. lost desktop and files

Hi Jon,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have lost files after Windows 10 update. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below question.

• Did you face this issue after upgrading to Windows 10 from previous Windows?
    • Did you face this issue after updating in Windows 10?

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check if it helps finding your files.

After updating your PC to Windows 10, you may be having trouble finding your old files. Here are some things to try.

Refer: Find lost files after the update to Windows 10

Please post us back with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 15, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Lost files on old windows installation

windows 10 force upgrade! stuck at welcome screen and lost all files after upgrade.

Hi,

Are you able to log into computer?

This issue might have occurred because of upgrade file corruption. Follow the steps below and check.

I suggest you to create a Windows 10 installation media and perform a Startup Repair on the device and check if it helps to resolve the issue.
    This is an alternate way to boot the device and run recovery tools when something goes wrong with the Operating system.

Please follow the steps below to do Startup repair:

Steps:-

• Insert the installation USB drive
              and boot Windows 10 from it.

If you don't have one, you can Create an installation Media.

• In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’
              and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

• Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

• Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Startup Repair’
              and select the operating system.

You may also refer the link below to find the lost files.

Find lost files after the update to Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/find-lost-files-after-the-update-to-windows-10

Do let us know if you are able to log into computer and get all the files and folders.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

Lost files on old windows installation

1. Lost files on old windows installation - Similar Threads - Lost files old

2. old files not opening after windows installation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    old files not opening after windows installation: i got this problems that i installed window 10 on my pc . i already had window 10 but just wanted to pc fresh. after installing the window all my pics and videos i mean all my files that i had on my pc are not opening. i got lot of pics on my pic and now after installing...
  3. old files not opening after windows installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    old files not opening after windows installation: i got this problems that i installed window 10 on my pc . i already had window 10 but just wanted to pc fresh. after installing the window all my pics and videos i mean all my files that i had on my pc are not opening. i got lot of pics on my pic and now after installing...
  4. old files not opening after windows installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. New Install Lost Files

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    New Install Lost Files: Days after trying to repair did a new install, said it would blow away all my files. Fine (I have them on a backup drive). Windows 10. So install finished, look at 2TB drive, its reporting only 196GB left = did not blow away files. So I go looking for them. Arrghhhhh...
  6. Lost old phone number.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost old phone number.: Hello. So I have recently changed my phone provider and had to undergo a change of phone numbers and lost possession of the old one. I have also built a new PC and I have been getting an error where I cannot sign in. The only option it gives me Is to "Set up new PIN."...
  7. lost old emails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lost old emails: How do I restore my old lost emails, I did the mailbox sync to anytime. Now I need to know how I can restore those old e-mails. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-old-emails/14164b19-6ed8-499e-8bf5-b1be78dfb601
  8. lost old files pictures and resumes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lost old files pictures and resumes: I have lost pictures and resumes and files in a backup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-old-files-pictures-and-resumes/a167ac75-1607-40c1-ab41-443e65224e2b
  9. old computer lost visual.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    old computer lost visual.: hooked up to different computer thru hdmi port , not connecting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-computer-lost-visual/47365348-e911-481c-8fe5-50cd4744d6f3
  10. Lost old Word documents

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Lost old Word documents: I lost a lot of my old MSWord documents and i can find no trace of them. Is there a way I could get them back.? My OS is Windows 10 129333