Windows 10: Lost Files; pictures

Discus and support Lost Files; pictures in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I moved all my pictures into one folder the way someone on here suggested & now I can't find any of them. I also have green dotted line across the top... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DianeMannix, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Lost Files; pictures

I moved all my pictures into one folder the way someone on here suggested & now I can't find any of them. I also have green dotted line across the top of my screen HELP

:)

DianeMannix, Sep 12, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Lost Picture ID + all photo files and Touchpad

Hi Doug,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would like to ask if the option to keep files and settings was selected at the time of roll back to previous version.

Also, some files may be hidden. So, I suggest you to check the size of the drive where the photos were saved. If the files are hidden, suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type/ (copy & paste) the below command line.
    Attrib –h –r –s /s /d D:*.* (Replace the letter ”D” with the drive letter where the photos were saved)

Check if the photos are available.

For the ID picture on sign-in, can set it again by following the steps below:

• Go to PC Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • In the right pane, click on Browse under Add a Picture.
    • Select the desired picture and click on OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 12, 2020
  4. Lost Files; pictures

LOST PICTURES

Hi Wendy,

There is a possibility that the photos were moved to a different location or folder. This usually occurs if there has been a recent change made or updates installed on your PC. To help us provide a solution, please answer the following:

• Have you recently updated your PC or changed any settings? If yes, please follow the steps in this support page article for the suggested solutions:
      Find lost files after the update to Windows 10.
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?

Regardless if you've made any changes or not, we would still encourage you to try the solutions in the article. Once you're done, hit us back and let us know the result.

Kind regards.

Jennifer Cha, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

Lost Files; pictures

1. Lost Files; pictures - Similar Threads - Lost Files pictures

2. File properties being lost on picture files DNG

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File properties being lost on picture files DNG: I have an issue where DNG picture files do not have Thumbnail - just standard default icon.I have deleted Thumbnail cache, increased size of Cache and rebuilt ... no change.Files with or without Thumbnails import happily into Adobe Lightroom and can be used without error.The...
  3. File properties being lost on picture files DNG

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File properties being lost on picture files DNG: I have an issue where DNG picture files do not have Thumbnail - just standard default icon.I have deleted Thumbnail cache, increased size of Cache and rebuilt ... no change.Files with or without Thumbnails import happily into Adobe Lightroom and can be used without error.The...
  4. File properties being lost on picture files DNG

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Lost OneDrive Files/Pictures

Lost OneDrive Files/Pictures: Good Day Forum, I recently purchased a new desktop and transferred all the files from my old computer to new computer, and had my new computer linked to outlook account so onedrive was there etc, first time doing that. I copied all my files onto my desktop. A while later...
  6. lost old files pictures and resumes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lost old files pictures and resumes: I have lost pictures and resumes and files in a backup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-old-files-pictures-and-resumes/a167ac75-1607-40c1-ab41-443e65224e2b
  7. lost pictures

lost pictures: I was uploading pictures on craigslist and they just fanished. where can I look for them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-pictures/96a83818-b754-45bb-afd8-fce9701d7699"
  8. Lost photos pictures

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost photos pictures: I have lost my photo from desktop and one drive How do i get them back from the cloud Hope someone can help me i changed phones and deleted them not realising that they disappeared from my laptop as well 139227
  9. Pictures and documents lost

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pictures and documents lost: hello, on 23rd of June when I switched on my computer windows had updated and there was a screen which was not my desktop so I restarted and it was my desktop but had no documents or pictures. I went to users and found one Anise Fatima Nasser and it had all my documents and...
  10. Lost all pictures

Lost all pictures: I downloaded my pictures from my phone to my computer and down the folder shows the display picture and tells me the different sizes in each folder. BUT when I open the folder it says it's empty. Any ideas? Thank you. I run windows 10,...