Windows 10: lost files

Discus and support lost files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; when file went from windows 10 to edge I lost all my windows 10 files how do I get them back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JudyHawkins1, Oct 19, 2018.

1. lost files

when file went from windows 10 to edge I lost all my windows 10 files how do I get them back

:)

JudyHawkins1, Oct 19, 2018

2. Files lost after Automatic Repair

Hi,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to refer the link provided below and check if it helps.

The files & folders from the previous operating system after the upgrade to Windows 10 might have been saved in the
    windows.old folder. Check if the lost files and folders are present in
    windows.old folder by following the steps below:

Step 1: Using Cortana

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard and type
      windows.old in the search box.

• Select the search result which shows folder and drive location of the program.

• Follow the file/folder path to check the contents of the same.

Step 2: Using Windows explorer

• Press Windows logo + E keys on the keyboard to open Windows Explorer.

• Click on This PC option from the left side panel of the window.

• Type windows.old in the Search This PC
      box located at the top right corner of the window.

• Follow the file/folder path to check the contents of the same.

Refer to the link below on Find lost files after the update to Windows 10 and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/find-lost-files-after-the-update-to-windows-10

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 19, 2018
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Oct 19, 2018
  4. Mohan B P Win User

lost files

Files lost, Internet explorer not reachable, error Ox800703f1

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue in finding the lost files. Let me assist you.

To narrow down the troubleshooting steps, kindly write back to us with the following information.

• Did you make any prior changes before this error occurred?
    • What is the error message you are getting when you try to open Internet Explorer?
    • Have you updated the Windows to the latest build?
    • Check whether the original account exists. (Use the below steps to check)
    • Press Windows key + R key, type netplwiz and press
      Enter key.
    • Check if the user account exits under Users for this computer.
    I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Update the Windows to the latest build.

• On the search bar type Settings.
    • Click on Update and Security.
    • Click on Check for Updates.
    • Read and accept the license terms, and then tap or click Finish if the update requires it.
    Method 2: To find lost files.

Follow the link below to find lost files and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/Find-lost-files-after-the-update-to-Windows-10

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Oct 19, 2018
Thema:

lost files

1. lost files - Similar Threads - lost files

2. I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than...: I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than two years or so are being shown. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-lost-two-years-of-onedrive-files-restore/a3b5d3d7-f902-489b-ba53-c8a3a1eb3c80
  3. I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than...: I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than two years or so are being shown. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-lost-two-years-of-onedrive-files-restore/a3b5d3d7-f902-489b-ba53-c8a3a1eb3c80
  4. Win 11 - lost download files when moving drive location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 - lost download files when moving drive location: Win 11, I moved my download file location from C:\Users\Trader Account\Downloads to D:\Download without saving files when moving them. When I transferred the download location to D drive, I did not click on "Yes" move the current files in the downloads. As results, I lost the...
  5. Win 11 - lost download files when moving drive location

Win 11 - lost download files when moving drive location: Win 11, I moved my download file location from C:\Users\Trader Account\Downloads to D:\Download without saving files when moving them. When I transferred the download location to D drive, I did not click on "Yes" move the current files in the downloads. As results, I lost the...
  6. Im wondering if the files on my onedrive file will be lost if i downgrade from windows 11 to 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Im wondering if the files on my onedrive file will be lost if i downgrade from windows 11 to 10: I want to downgrade to windows 10 from 11 but you lose all your data so i was wondering if you log into your onedrive after downgrading, will it bring the files from windows 11 that i saved to my onedrive cloud, to 10?...
  7. Im wondering if the files on my onedrive file will be lost if i downgrade from windows 11 to 10

Im wondering if the files on my onedrive file will be lost if i downgrade from windows 11 to 10: I want to downgrade to windows 10 from 11 but you lose all your data so i was wondering if you log into your onedrive after downgrading, will it bring the files from windows 11 that i saved to my onedrive cloud, to 10?...
  8. Recover a lost file using WINDOWS FILE RECOVERY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover a lost file using WINDOWS FILE RECOVERY: what syntax should i use if i want to recover a file from C: to my documents in the same drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-a-lost-file-using-windows-file-recovery/6445e2e2-ce73-41f0-8b61-0586b4b29cf4
  9. Recover a lost file using WINDOWS FILE RECOVERY

Recover a lost file using WINDOWS FILE RECOVERY: what syntax should i use if i want to recover a file from C: to my documents in the same drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-a-lost-file-using-windows-file-recovery/6445e2e2-ce73-41f0-8b61-0586b4b29cf4
  10. Mouse drivers broken, reset PC, lost files, restore points missing, I'm at a loss

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mouse drivers broken, reset PC, lost files, restore points missing, I'm at a loss: In January, Windows installed a stack update to my PC which broke my mouse drivers. My mouse I tried 3 different devices is randomly intermittently left- and right-clicking in the bottom left-middle of the main display screen. This has caused settings to be changed, items to...