Windows 10: Lost folder after update

Discus and support Lost folder after update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So a friend of mine had a windows update maybe 2 weeks ago and now there is a folder missing which before has been on his desktop. I checked the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Darksoul54321, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Lost folder after update

So a friend of mine had a windows update maybe 2 weeks ago and now there is a folder missing which before has been on his desktop. I checked the shortcut path but it doesnt exist anymore. It tells me the folder is on C:/User/... but now C:/User doesnt even exist. It only exists C:/Benutzer/...(Benutzer is German for user)

Also there is a windowsold file in C: now but the folder cant be found there either. I suspect that maybe on the computer there was english Windows installed and the update changed it to German. Is it possible to loose data that way? If no, where else could it be? Btw there are no backup versions available

Btw he formatted an external drive but ensured me the folder has never been on there. Not even a copy of it.

Thanks in advance

submitted by /u/Darksoul54321
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Darksoul54321, Jan 9, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Lost folders on Update

Hi,

There are ways to recover some missing files on Windows 10. For us to help you recover them, we'd like to ask a few things. Kindly answer the following:

• Are you using an Administator account to search for the missing folders/files?
    • Are you able to find the missing files/folders using Search?
    • What specific files/folders are missing?

Meanwhile, as an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you check this
    article
    and follow the troubleshooting steps given.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Jan 9, 2020
  3. gabbydgar Win User
    Folder in Favorites lost

Had a folder in IE favorites named xxxxx favorites with many items in it. Don't know what I may have done but it is gone from the list. When I try to create a new folder it tells me that there is one already there, but it is not. Any suggestion where I might find the lost folder or how to restore it.

gabbydgar, Jan 9, 2020
  4. Lost folder after update

lost folders from desktop

Hello,

It is possible that your folders were deleted, hidden, or move where they are saved before. For us to efficiently assist you, we would like to ask a few questions:

• Could you tell us if you have tried checking if those folders are hidden?
    • Have you tried to check your Recycle Bin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Meanwhile, we advise that you follow the suggestions provided in this
    article
    on how to find missing files in Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your response.

Stephanie Sal, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

Lost folder after update

1. Lost folder after update - Similar Threads - Lost folder update

2. Update/Lost folders and files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update/Lost folders and files: Hello all, I have an unfortunate situation that has come up. I tend to leave my windows 10 laptop turned on most of the time and occasionally will come back to it and see it has restarted. Typically this means there was an update during the night (have them set for something...
  3. I have lost access to some folders after an update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have lost access to some folders after an update: I received an update to my system this morning. Win10. I have a home grown application for my home business that requires access to the WindowsApps folder and below. Speciall in the Linux subsystem. I no longer have access and my biz is dead in the water. I need help....
  4. lost all files and folders after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    lost all files and folders after update: Have lost all my files, iTunes songs, photos, cant log into my email. I cant do a restore point as it doesn't recognize anything past the update point of today. I don't know what to do, please help...
  5. Lost folder

Lost folder: Hello! I preinstalled my windows, because it was running pretty slow/bad and later today I found out that i didn't saved 1 folder that was very important. By very important i mean VERY VERY IMPORTANT folder. My question is: Is there any way that i can get it back? I don't...
  6. The lost of more folders after last Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The lost of more folders after last Windows update: After my last Windows 10 update I lost some very important folders with their content without any warning. I want to mention that immediately after I've updated Windows that files and folders were available I opened some of these files yesterday, but today they suddenly...
  7. Lost Folders and Files After Windows Update

Lost Folders and Files After Windows Update: I have just discovered some missing files and folders. Some of these are complex spreadsheets that took weeks to create. This happened recently after Windows updated my computer. HELP PLEASE!...
  8. folder lost after win 10 update

folder lost after win 10 update: after the latest Win 10 update a folder disappeared from my desktop. I would like to get it back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-lost-after-win-10-update/17af4f19-59eb-465d-8b4b-3a48211537bd"
  9. Lost Folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost Folder: How do I recover a Folder that disappeared from my Desk Top?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-folder/c9f944f5-52de-494a-a7be-e7340b6e0ee5
  10. Lost folders and files after updating Windows 10

Lost folders and files after updating Windows 10: Please help me retrieve all my folders and files lost after srlecting the Windows 10 update. I see my programs but no folders I created or access to onedrive or icloud....