Windows 10: Lost folder in recycle bin

Discus and support Lost folder in recycle bin in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I accidentally dragged my folder with important contents into the recycle bin. Now I have a copy of the folder on my desktop, but when I click on it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Daniel Spierings, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Lost folder in recycle bin

I accidentally dragged my folder with important contents into the recycle bin. Now I have a copy of the folder on my desktop, but when I click on it, it says: The item 'folder' that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will not work properly. Do you want to delete the shortcut?

This is a big problem because the folder is very important. How can I fix it? Any help would be much appreciated.

:)

Daniel Spierings, Apr 7, 2021
  2. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Apr 7, 2021
  3. Lost Recycle Bin in Windows 10

Hello,

We highly suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button , type desktop icons into the search box, and then click Show or hide common icons on the desktop.
    • In the Desktop Icon Settings dialog box, do one of the following: To hide the Recycle Bin, clear the Recycle Bin check box. ...
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Trixie Mop, Apr 7, 2021
  4. Gino Des Win User

Lost folder in recycle bin

RECYCLE BIN automatically closes & returns to Desktop

Hi,

You might be experiencing this issue because Recycle Bin is corrupted. If your Recycle Bin is corrupted, you can face various problems when using it such as this behavior. Let's repair Recycle Bin by

using the System File Checker tool
    . This tool scans for corruptions in Windows system files and restores corrupted files.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you manually delete the Recycle Bin folder on your computer. Each drive on Windows has a hidden and protected system folder named
    $Recycle.bin. When you delete files or folders, they are moved to the Recycle Bin folder for holding. If you delete the Recycle Bin folder, Windows will automatically create a new
    $Recycle.bin folder. However, all previous contents of Recycle Bin will be lost. Make sure to only do this step if you don't have any valuable data in Recycle Bin. Here are the steps:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Command Prompt, right-click Command Prompt from the results, and select
      Run as administrator.
    • Type rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin, and press Enter.
    • If you are using multiple drives or partition, you will have to do this for every partition on your hard disk by replacing C with the corresponding drive letter.
    • Restart your computer, and Windows will recreate a new Recycle Bin for you.

Keep us updated with the results, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Lost folder in recycle bin

1. Lost folder in recycle bin - Similar Threads - Lost folder recycle

2. Deleted folder to recycle bin and emptied bin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted folder to recycle bin and emptied bin?: Hi. I had 2 important pic files from MY PICTURES that got in the recycle bin. I deleted/emptied the files in recycle bin before I knew my pic file was in there.Is there a secondary way to get the files back from recycle bin? I tried to do a restore time on computer, but it...
  3. Deleted folder to recycle bin and emptied bin?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted folder to recycle bin and emptied bin?: Hi. I had 2 important pic files from MY PICTURES that got in the recycle bin. I deleted/emptied the files in recycle bin before I knew my pic file was in there.Is there a secondary way to get the files back from recycle bin? I tried to do a restore time on computer, but it...
  4. LOST THE RECYCLE BIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LOST THE RECYCLE BIN: I have Windows 11, 64 bit on my computer. I accidently deleted the icon for Recycle Bin on my Desktop. I couldn't find the path to the Recycle Bin folder to create another one. I went to Settings, Personalization and down to Icon Settings but when I clicked on it, nothing...
  5. LOST THE RECYCLE BIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LOST THE RECYCLE BIN: I have Windows 11, 64 bit on my computer. I accidently deleted the icon for Recycle Bin on my Desktop. I couldn't find the path to the Recycle Bin folder to create another one. I went to Settings, Personalization and down to Icon Settings but when I clicked on it, nothing...
  6. Old recycle bin folder points to new recycle bin folder instead of the original?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old recycle bin folder points to new recycle bin folder instead of the original?: So I recently built myself a new desktop, and I want to decommission the old one for new uses. I've backed up most of the data off the old one, except for the old windows 10 boot drive my new desktop is windows 11. I went onto my old desktop, opened up command prompt as...
  7. Unwanted folders in Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted folders in Recycle Bin: I have one, two and occasionally three unwanted folders which regularly but not always, re-appear in my Recycle Bin. I have tried deleting them separately. Restoring them doesn't make them appear back in their original place. They were all created, used and deleted empty over...
  8. Recycle bin application lost

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle bin application lost: Hello Since certain time I have a problem with Recycle Bin on my Windows 10 Pro 64 for Workstation 1709. When clicking the Recycle Bin icon I'm getting Explorer.exe message "Application not found". I've tried all the methods I've found on the Internet like removing...
  9. Lost pictures from recycle bin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost pictures from recycle bin: Hi there, After i deleted accidentally a folder with vacation pictures from desktop, again without paying attention i had empty recycle bin at 6 AM on Saturday 18.01.2020. What chances do i have to recuperate them? Thank you,...
  10. Lost the link to the recycle bin

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost the link to the recycle bin: Need help to find and link to the recycle bin. Using the Desktop Icon Menu does not seem to work Tim 19062