Windows 10: Lost Folder

Discus and support Lost Folder in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Back in April computer did an update. It kept the same User LogIn but the start up screen was not the same . There was few less icons on this start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AKBMMic, Jun 24, 2021.

1. AKBMMic Win User

Lost Folder

Back in April computer did an update. It kept the same User LogIn but the start up screen was not the same . There was few less icons on this start up desktop not the same background, could find all files and folders. Late last week noticed the search feature not working could not type in the box & start menu was not working at all. Did not use the computer over the weekend. It had update and reset to few less icons. Search & Start still not working. Tried the Task Manage , restart of Windows Search & Windows Explorer.

:)

AKBMMic, Jun 24, 2021
  2. gabbydgar Win User

Folder in Favorites lost

Had a folder in IE favorites named xxxxx favorites with many items in it. Don't know what I may have done but it is gone from the list. When I try to create a new folder it tells me that there is one already there, but it is not. Any suggestion where I might find the lost folder or how to restore it.

gabbydgar, Jun 24, 2021
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Lost folders on Update

Hi,

There are ways to recover some missing files on Windows 10. For us to help you recover them, we'd like to ask a few things. Kindly answer the following:

• Are you using an Administator account to search for the missing folders/files?
    • Are you able to find the missing files/folders using Search?
    • What specific files/folders are missing?

Meanwhile, as an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you check this
    article
    and follow the troubleshooting steps given.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Jun 24, 2021
  4. Ruz San Win User

Lost Folder

Lost a REALLY IMPORTANT folder

Hi Tanya,

We'd like to know a few things to understand this better and help you recover the missing folder. Please answer these questions:

• Did you lose it after upgrading to Windows 10?
    • How long has it been since you installed Windows 10 on the computer?
    Windows 10 does not apply changes or remove personal files without your permission. We suggest you restore the previous version of the folder or drive that used to contain the files you are looking for. Refer to this

page
    for the steps.

Let us know if you need more help.

Regards.

Ruz San, Jun 24, 2021
Thema:

Lost Folder

1. Lost Folder - Similar Threads - Lost Folder

2. lost the folders that were under quick access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost the folders that were under quick access: I have lost the folders that were under quick access, all these folders were saved on the desktop. Some folders can be seen but are empty inside, everything else is there its just selected folders those under quick access that are messed up. Please help, very frustrating.P.S:...
  3. lost the folders that were under quick access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lost the folders that were under quick access: I have lost the folders that were under quick access, all these folders were saved on the desktop. Some folders can be seen but are empty inside, everything else is there its just selected folders those under quick access that are messed up. Please help, very frustrating.P.S:...
  4. If you delete a local user from your system will the AppData folder be lost?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If you delete a local user from your system will the AppData folder be lost?: I have 2 local user accounts on my system. USER1 was created when I was installing Windows 11 on my PC and USER2 is my primary Microsoft account. I have been trying to transfer everything from USER1 to my primary account but there is one giant AppData folder present under...
  5. If you delete a local user from your system will the AppData folder be lost?

If you delete a local user from your system will the AppData folder be lost?: I have 2 local user accounts on my system. USER1 was created when I was installing Windows 11 on my PC and USER2 is my primary Microsoft account. I have been trying to transfer everything from USER1 to my primary account but there is one giant AppData folder present under...
  6. How can I restore a lost folder containing lost pictures?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I restore a lost folder containing lost pictures?: So, I was cleaning out my computer to make more storage space for it, and I accidentally deleted a folder containing pictures from a digital camera that I currently own. They were pictures from a Canon PowerShot A95 Camera, which I know is an older camera, but I was still...
  7. How can I restore a lost folder containing lost pictures?

How can I restore a lost folder containing lost pictures?: So, I was cleaning out my computer to make more storage space for it, and I accidentally deleted a folder containing pictures from a digital camera that I currently own. They were pictures from a Canon PowerShot A95 Camera, which I know is an older camera, but I was still...
  8. Lost all my files, just the folders remain, incredible!

Lost all my files, just the folders remain, incredible!: I have access my laptop today and all my files are gone, I do not have available the Windows.old folder or any recovery point to go back to it, lost a lot of important data, was not aware that this was possible. Everything inside my documents folder is gone, only the folders...
  9. Lost all my files, just the folders remain, incredible!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost all my files, just the folders remain, incredible!: I have access my laptop today and all my files are gone, I do not have available the Windows.old folder or any recovery point to go back to it, lost a lot of important data, was not aware that this was possible....
  10. Photos lost after changing default location of Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos lost after changing default location of Pictures folder: I just did a clean install of windows 11 and noticed my user folder name had a typo. Searched how to rename it, found this tutorial and followed it. https://www.elevenforum.com/t/change-name-of-user-profile-folder-in-windows-11.2133/ After having done that, now with a...