Windows 10: Lost/Hidden/Compressed/Saved/Unknown/???/Music Folder Disappeared

Discus and support Lost/Hidden/Compressed/Saved/Unknown/???/Music Folder Disappeared in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was saving it to One Drive (9/2017) and OD failed. The folder vanished and I cannot find 99% of my music. It's gone. Where? You see I think that it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Paul BrandonTaft, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Lost/Hidden/Compressed/Saved/Unknown/???/Music Folder Disappeared

I was saving it to One Drive (9/2017) and OD failed. The folder vanished and I cannot find 99% of my music. It's gone. Where?

You see I think that it is stuck in a rouge partition on my drive still. Tried Microsoft yet when givin access the tech just did stuff that I did 20 times over. That session ended with no resolve or even a new educated option.

Really dude's like trying to build a restore point (remote) and I'm watching this thinking ok what part of "I've done that"..well frustrating.

Feedback please. My entire collection of Recording Studio Masters, 100's of one of a kind final mixes.

All original songs from some very famous Seattle bands produced 1988-2017.

I was an Insider at the time (still) and it seems to have something to do with Groove Music which got installed the same week.

Totally removed Media Player (assocated with all files in that folder in one way or another) making my recovery efforts nill because GM..well. Really not a fan at all. Useful for kid's I guess yet removal of WMP (without notice) and replacing it with ....was absolutly no help to anyone of us taken by suprize!

GM just grabbed all searches/inquires regarding (first) only .wav files it found and slammed the door on searching beyond those, working with Windows or even thinking about finding .wma etc,. Yes moving on to using OS tools searching eveything I could. Taking every path. What if's, try that, may be..

Been close to tracking it down yet everytime is different. I could never repeat the same path twice. Different paths sometimes work then did'nt then did again yet (important clue) except week one when I found true hope.. I found a path to a folder matching the data size of the missing audio and here's the kicker, when I got there I was greeted with"User Not Authorized" to open the disk partition (holding possible files). Working every option I knew I could not get it to open,denied, no go, no way. I am the Owner and only Admin so what's up right?

I am positive it's still here. No worries right. This is my first attempt in public to find the way to recover the folder.

Saved that partition to One Drive and alone it holds 26.6 gigs. In that I've seen some app/doc/program file names. Files I cannot access. There is some A/V software files contected to Local/Roaming programs which are assocated with the missing audio files.

It show different values from before/after the event and my current values show no inclusion of that particular file holding the 26.6 gigs.

I am missing 23+ gigs of stereo audio files.

The 26.6 gig's is real. Is it my audio files or is that value perhaps spread out from existing files seperated somehow from the root?

It acts like a partition, it saved itself under Sony for my machine which is different than the primary name, it named itself and how that happened.. I get buried and that is just not me so I stop. Then try again, so on.

I need some help on this.

Lost uploading to One Drive.

Advice given here is super awesome. I'll do what it takes.

You would help many great musicians recover some rare history "kinda" lost in my "Record Vault".

--B

Seattle Engineering Record Producer

:)

Paul BrandonTaft, Sep 3, 2018
  2. WojtasRed Win User

Hidden folders

I installed `Kane and Lynch` on my PC twice in Program Files(x86) folder but I can`t find them (2 folders with game). But free space on my HDD is lower. So there`re those folders on my hdd. I use option `unhide` hidden folders but still can`t find them. Any suggestions? How can i delete those hidden folders?

When I run istallation for this game I can see those folders in Program Files(x86) folde.

I`m using Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

WojtasRed, Sep 3, 2018
  3. How to make a Uber Hidden Folder

• Make a new folder.
    • Change the icon to a blank icon. No icon should appear
    • Rename the folder to a blank by pressing "alt + 255." (NOTE: Press 255 on the numpad) No text should appear.
    • Your done! It is uber hidden. *Big Grin Lost/Hidden/Compressed/Saved/Unknown/???/Music Folder Disappeared :D

PVTCaboose1337, Sep 3, 2018
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Lost/Hidden/Compressed/Saved/Unknown/???/Music Folder Disappeared

Disappearance of the list of folders.

Hi Thomas,

There are various factors why your folders may disappear. It is possible that your folders were deleted, hidden, or move where they are saved before. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you allow someone to use your computer?
    • Have you tried checking if those folders are hidden?
    • Have you tried checking your Recycle Bin?

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Rose Cal, Sep 3, 2018
Thema:

Lost/Hidden/Compressed/Saved/Unknown/???/Music Folder Disappeared

1. Lost/Hidden/Compressed/Saved/Unknown/???/Music Folder Disappeared - Similar Threads - Lost Hidden Compressed

2. Compress new folder content in compressed folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Compress new folder content in compressed folder: I have several folders on my filesystem that I've set to compress everything inside including subfolders. When I set the folder to compress, everything was compressed as expected.However, new content I add files and folders are not compressed, it seems. At least they are not...
  3. Saved Games Folder Disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saved Games Folder Disappeared: I clicked location under properties, and moved it, and the Saved Games folder disappeared from all drives. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saved-games-folder-disappeared/46430ebf-2812-466b-8610-4d6b5430c069
  4. Saved Games Folder Disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saved Games Folder Disappeared: I clicked location under properties, and moved it, and the Saved Games folder disappeared from all drives. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saved-games-folder-disappeared/46430ebf-2812-466b-8610-4d6b5430c069
  5. Saved Games Folder Disappeared

6. unknown hidden files??

unknown hidden files??: I think I'm asking in the right place.I'm going through files to find and remove duplicates. I generally check the size and feel comfortable deleting if size and a quick glance show the same thing. I found two that weren't quite the same size, so I compared file by file. The...
  7. Excessive amount of unknown hidden files/folders

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Excessive amount of unknown hidden files/folders: A short recap of what led me up to posting for help: My laptop has been increasingly growing slower and even after 3 clean re-installs of Windows, within a day or 2 each time it returns to the same slow state and the storage close to being full. I ran Malwarebytes scans, ADW...
  8. My Music Folder A-O disappeared?!

My Music Folder A-O disappeared?!: Hi all, So this morning I was fed up of random numbered files appearing in my music delete them they come back after a few days I thought this was an amazon music fault so I uninstalled the app. I also carried out a windows update it was not an automatic update but a manual...
  9. File and Folder Icons Disappear after compression

File and Folder Icons Disappear after compression: Hi. After recent Windows updates, about half of my files showed little blue arrows in the top left corner (which I found out meant they were being compressed). Then about a day later, I logged back on to my computer to find out that all the files and folders that were being...
  10. compressed folders

compressed folders: I keep getting a message that pops up that says:Compressed(zipped)Folders Please insert the last disk of the Multi-Volume set and click OK to continue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/compressed-folders/f16c1d11-725e-4876-a8fc-1a6f2e9583c9"