Windows 10: Lost History file when Windows 10 downloaded on my computer . Help please.

Discus and support Lost History file when Windows 10 downloaded on my computer . Help please. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Lost History File when windows 10 downloaded on my computer. Help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ednamay, Nov 16, 2018.

1. ednamay Win User

Lost History file when Windows 10 downloaded on my computer . Help please.

Lost History File when windows 10 downloaded on my computer. Help.

:)

ednamay, Nov 16, 2018

2. Backing up Windows 10. Error "File history drive cannot save copies of all my files because of limitations with my File History drives file system"

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the below:

• Did you make any hardware or software changes prior to this issue?

• What is the anti-virus program installed on your computer?

• Please provide us a screenshot which shows the error message.
    I suggest you to stop File History service, restart the computer and then set it as Automatic from the services and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Steps:-

1. Press Windows key + R and openRun command window.

2. Type services.msc and hit
    Enter.

3. Right click on File History from the list.

4. Select Stop. Restart the computer and repeat the first three steps.

5. Click on Properties and set the set
    Startup type to Automatic.

6. Click on Apply and
    Ok.

Also, I suggest you to try the below steps and configure the drive on File History and check if it helps.

Steps:-

1. Type File History in the search box, and then tap or click
    File History.

2. Tap or click Select drive.

3. On the Select a File History drive page, tap or click your current drive or network location, and then tap or click
    OK.

Refer the steps given in the below articles and check if it helps:

File History in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17128/windows-8-file-history

Note: This also applies to Windows 10

Backup and restore your files

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17143/windows-10-back-up-your-files

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 16, 2018
  4. #Jon# Win User

File History not backing up any files

Hello Victor

Thank you for the response. I had already checked that thread, but it hasn't helped me:

• The thread deals with Windows 8's implementation of File History, which is somewhat different to that of Windows 10.
    • Most of the thread deals with setting up File History (which I have already done, precisely following the recommended steps). The third link in the thread might have been useful since it appears to link to a page that deals with troubleshooting File History
      (as opposed to setting it up), but unfortunately the link is dead.
    Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#Jon#, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Lost History file when Windows 10 downloaded on my computer . Help please. - Similar Threads - Lost History file

2. PLEASE HELP MY COMPUTER LOST ALL MY PAST DATA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PLEASE HELP MY COMPUTER LOST ALL MY PAST DATA: MY WINDOWS ON MY OLDER PC LAPTOP IS TOTALLY GONE. I DO NOT KNOW IF THIS HAPPENED WHEN I SIGNED UP FOR OFFICE 365 BUT MY COMPUTER IS BARREN NO APPS WON'T LET ME SEARCH TO C: DRIVE PLEASE HELP!!! I DONT KNOW IF I WAS HACKED - BEC ITEMS DISAPPEARED RIGHT BEFORE MY EYES. I SAVED...
  3. PLEASE HELP MY COMPUTER LOST ALL MY PAST DATA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PLEASE HELP MY COMPUTER LOST ALL MY PAST DATA: MY WINDOWS ON MY OLDER PC LAPTOP IS TOTALLY GONE. I DO NOT KNOW IF THIS HAPPENED WHEN I SIGNED UP FOR OFFICE 365 BUT MY COMPUTER IS BARREN NO APPS WON'T LET ME SEARCH TO C: DRIVE PLEASE HELP!!! I DONT KNOW IF I WAS HACKED - BEC ITEMS DISAPPEARED RIGHT BEFORE MY EYES. I SAVED...
  4. PLEASE HELP MY COMPUTER LOST ALL MY PAST DATA

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Please help \ file lost doc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help \ file lost doc: Hello I by mistake deleted one file doc from the desktop.I tried to recover it using three or four programs of recovery such as; stellar data, EaseUS data, recover my files, etc.. All these programs could not give me the file back ! But to tell you more details about the...
  6. Please help \ file lost doc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please help \ file lost doc: Hello I by mistake deleted one file doc from the desktop.I tried to recover it using three or four programs of recovery such as; stellar data, EaseUS data, recover my files, etc.. All these programs could not give me the file back ! But to tell you more details about the...
  7. I Lost My Download Files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    I Lost My Download Files in Windows 10: Hi all, I don't know what I did but there is no longer anything shown in my Windows 10 download file. I suspect my downloads are still on my desktop somewhere because everything seems to be running OK so far. My Download File is just empty now, and it says there are no...
  8. lost history file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    lost history file: After upgrading to Windows 10, I lost all history files. Can you help me, please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-history-file/c536595d-0d9d-4472-851c-fa8871ef9b7c"
  9. Lost Windows 10 Accidentally (hELP PLEASE)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost Windows 10 Accidentally (hELP PLEASE): So, not long ago, I was attempting to completely reset my laptop (Dell Inspiron 11 3000), and as it was resetting, it froze and became practically unusable. Luckily, my dad is pretty tech savvy and was able to get it working again. However, it ended up having Windows 8.1...
  10. Lost file in File History

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Lost file in File History: Had to re-install Windows 10. Before doing this I backed up my computer using the Windows File History. After re-installing Windows 10 I am able to find all of my files, except one. It was the only file I had pinned to always show up as a recently used file. Are pinned files...