Windows 10: lost history file

Discus and support lost history file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After upgrading to Windows 10, I lost all history files. Can you help me, please.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sabrina Sabrina3, Nov 29, 2018.

1. lost history file

After upgrading to Windows 10, I lost all history files. Can you help me, please.

:)

Sabrina Sabrina3, Nov 29, 2018
  2. #Jon# Win User

File History not backing up any files

Hello Victor

Thank you for the response. I had already checked that thread, but it hasn't helped me:

• The thread deals with Windows 8's implementation of File History, which is somewhat different to that of Windows 10.
    • Most of the thread deals with setting up File History (which I have already done, precisely following the recommended steps). The third link in the thread might have been useful since it appears to link to a page that deals with troubleshooting File History
      (as opposed to setting it up), but unfortunately the link is dead.
    Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#Jon#, Nov 29, 2018
  3. Gowrish_S Win User
    Lost History file when Windows 10 downloaded on my computer . Help please.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you referring to previous version of files in File History or any other data files?
    2. May I know which version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?

If you are referring to lost data after upgrading to Windows 10, I would suggest you to refer to this article named

Find lost files after the upgrade to Windows 10
    and check if it helps.

If you are referring to File History, please let us know the location which was selected for backup and provide more information to help you further.

Regards,

Gowrish S

Microsoft Community –Moderator

Gowrish_S, Nov 29, 2018
  4. lost history file

File History - Does not turn off

To assist you further, we suggest that you try to check on the link below:

Step by Step: File History

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

lost history file

1. lost history file - Similar Threads - lost history file

2. How to access File History of a lost PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to access File History of a lost PC: My laptop was lost on a train, and I want to restore some files from its File History backup. I can access to network drive where the laptop's File History is stored from my desktop PC. But when I "Select Drive" in the File History interface in Control Panel and navigate to...
  3. How to access File History of a lost PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to access File History of a lost PC: My laptop was lost on a train, and I want to restore some files from its File History backup. I can access to network drive where the laptop's File History is stored from my desktop PC. But when I "Select Drive" in the File History interface in Control Panel and navigate to...
  4. How to access File History of a lost PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History: I have Windows 11 and cannot find the previous Windows 10 setup page that allowed inclusion of desired files as well as the removal of those not needed by the user. All it appears to do is to save files chosen by the program, most of which I don't need and cannot erase. Can...
  6. File History

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File History: I have Windows 11 and cannot find the previous Windows 10 setup page that allowed inclusion of desired files as well as the removal of those not needed by the user. All it appears to do is to save files chosen by the program, most of which I don't need and cannot erase. Can...
  7. Lost desktop files and Internet saved passwords & browser history

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost desktop files and Internet saved passwords & browser history: Lost desktop files and Internet saved passwords & browser history on restart Windows 10. Any suggestions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-desktop-files-and-internet-saved-passwords/2a9cd7c0-5f30-4004-9653-40b322786168
  8. Lost update history

Lost update history: Can Windows 10 Pro 1909 update history be recovered? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-update-history/11ddafc9-15c5-44a6-bd0d-b6cfb0da5c1c
  9. File History corrupted - Need to restore lost folder

File History corrupted - Need to restore lost folder: Been having problems with File History going corrupted for quite some time. What I have been doing to fix it, is reselect the drive again after turning it off. When resected, it would work again for some amount of time. That fix no longer worked as it dropped a major...
  10. Lost file in File History

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Lost file in File History: Had to re-install Windows 10. Before doing this I backed up my computer using the Windows File History. After re-installing Windows 10 I am able to find all of my files, except one. It was the only file I had pinned to always show up as a recently used file. Are pinned files...