Windows 10: Lost home network connections with last W10 update

Discus and support Lost home network connections with last W10 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We have two computers in a home network connected by cable to the same router. A printer is connected by USB to one of the computers. Before the last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jkabo, Mar 7, 2020.

1. jkabo Win User

Lost home network connections with last W10 update

We have two computers in a home network connected by cable to the same router. A printer is connected by USB to one of the computers. Before the last W10 update in February, the other computer could print to this printer as long as the first computer was turned on.

This happened during the update:

Device SWD\PRINTENUM\{CDBB9FD5-A1BB-49ED-903A-76B192D5C9D3} was migrated.

Last Device Instance Id: SWD\PRINTENUM\{CDBB9FD5-A1BB-49ED-903A-76B192D5C9D3}
    Class Guid: {1ed2bbf9-11f0-4084-b21f-ad83a8e6dcdc}
    Location Path:
    Migration Rank: 0x0
    Present: true

Now, the other computer still has access to the router & internet connections, but it can no longer see the printer or the first computer in Control Panel or Settings anywhere else--sometimes it appears, but it says "Not connected," and there is no way to try to reconnect. I tried re-adding the printer, but it doesn't find it.

Any suggestions for restoring our network connection, besides restoring the first computer to the point before the update?

Thank you!

:)

jkabo, Mar 7, 2020

2. Network driver 'lost' on upgrade from W7 to W10

Just unpacked a new PC (HP Workstation) with W7. Installed OK and everything worked, without issue. Got W7 updates, loaded Office 2016 etc. etc... Then I ticked the box for 'upgrade to W10.

A little over two hours later I had W10. Except....

It seems to have lost the drivers for the Network device. And the only solution it could come up with is to (guess what) connect to the Internet.

It's a tower (so no WiFi).

Anyone got any suggestions?

StephenMatthewsCY, Mar 7, 2020
  3. Network connection lost - but still there

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur when network drivers are not updated.

I suggest you try updating your network adapters and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + x, select
      Device Manager.

• Right click the Network Adapter drivers.

• Select Update driver software.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Mar 7, 2020
  4. Lost home network connections with last W10 update

Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

Lost home network connections with last W10 update

1. Lost home network connections with last W10 update - Similar Threads - Lost home network

2. Network connectivity between PC's running W10 pro and home

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network connectivity between PC's running W10 pro and home: I have 3 PC's, all running the same version of windows 10 1909 except 2 are 'Pro' 1 is 'Home' The problem is that although both Pro versions can access shared folders on any of the 3 machines, the one running 'home' cannot access shared folders on the other 2. When clicking...
  3. Lost Home network connection on one computer

Lost Home network connection on one computer: On my desktop under Network folder the NAS (Readyshare) and my Pro3 notebook are not 'seen' anymore after some unknown event. Desktop 'sees' the wireless network printer and R7000 media devices and the TV. My notebook however 'sees' all. I compared all Network & Internet...
  4. Lost Network Connection?

Lost Network Connection?: Hello, I'm really hoping someone can help - we recently swapped internet service providers in our office and our WIFI is up and running fine. The problem we are having is that we use Sage accounting software, the main computer runs Sage and then my computer runs Sage from...
  5. W10 Home Network - File Sharing?

W10 Home Network - File Sharing?: after HomeGroup was removed in April 2018, I can't figure out how to share my files/folders over a network. I went into the [properties] of each of my drives > [Sharing] > [Advanced Sharing] > set [permissions] > [Apply] then what do i do? right-click file/folder, select...
  6. W7 and W10 networking/sharing on home network

W7 and W10 networking/sharing on home network: Unfortunately my laptop had to be rolled back to W7 due to driver issues after the version 1803 update. Now I cannot get my home networking sharing working. I can see both computers but get "you do not have permission to access>>>>" warning on both pc when trying to access...
  7. Updates for W10 Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates for W10 Home: Microsoft made the following announcement... ..... those with Windows 10 Home will have updates from Windows Update made available automatically. Only Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Enterprise users will be able to defer updates...... For W10 Home Users does ".... made...
  8. Lost network connection

Lost network connection: My wife's brand-new Dell (win 10, 64 bit) suddenly lost the network connection. It says "Unidentified network". It's a directly wired connection, no router or modem involved. The same connection works just fine on two other PCs, one win 10, the other XP. I have tried all...
  9. Lost Home Network Connection

Lost Home Network Connection: The upgrade from 8.1 went smoothly, the only problem so far is that I lost my Home Network connection and don't see how to re-connect. My Home Network consists of 3 computers, an ancient XP, a newer WIN7, an HP Printer and this one running WIN10. Where do I find the...
  10. Network Connectivity connections TO W10 problematic

Network Connectivity connections TO W10 problematic: Hi there I've created a SIMPLE TEST network of 3 computers - on computer GYLFI is a stand alone (Real) Linux server, on another REAL machine is a computer BLACKDOG running Windows 8.1 and on this machine is a VIRTUAL machine WHITEHORSE running Windows 10. - Computers are...