Windows 10: Lost icon art image on all mp4 files

Discus and support Lost icon art image on all mp4 files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a large music collection mixed with mp3 and mp4 files. After the last Windows update, all my mp4 icons lost their image. My mp3s were not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by StephenMurin, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Lost icon art image on all mp4 files

I have a large music collection mixed with mp3 and mp4 files. After the last Windows update, all my mp4 icons lost their image. My mp3s were not affected. Does anyone know why this is happening or know how to fix it?

:)

StephenMurin, Sep 21, 2019
  2. Jules1955 Win User

Some MP4 Files Are Not Displaying Icons in File Explorer

I've ripped several DVDs to MP4s. In Windows (7 or 10 - 64bit) file explorer, some of the icons for the MP4 files display as the movie poster and some of the icons appear as a snapshot of the 1st still
    (e.g. opening credits vs. movie poster). Is there a way to get all the MP4 icons to display as movie posters? Note: All movies play as expected.

Thanks for your help.

• Are you referring to a particular file or the folder?

Files: some .mp4 files are not displaying an icon like the others...see details in the attached example.

Folder: Video Folder
    • Have you converted these files using third party converter?

Yes, I converted these files to .mp4 using Handbrake. Note: I used Handbrake on all the files I converted. Some of the icons display correctly as movie posters and some do not. I cannot find the root cause.

• Is the issue specific to a particular file format or you cannot see the thumbnails of all formats?

As I mentioned in my original post, I can see the movie poster icon for some of the .mp4 files, but not all of them. Not clear why the display is inconsistent.

Lost icon art image on all mp4 files 59e71f5c-5a69-4845-91bf-4b31a2d0bace.png

Jules1955, Sep 21, 2019
  3. Media player icon over custom .mp4 icon can it be removed and how

This is how it looks now.
    Lost icon art image on all mp4 files [​IMG]
    And files renamed as well. Cover Art Images was placed on mp4 files with free program called mp3tag.

Dawn121988, Sep 21, 2019
  4. Lost icon art image on all mp4 files

USB doesn't display MP4 file!

I have a 300kb mix of .png, .jpg, .pdf files on a 4Gb USB drive. I added a 2Gb MP4 movie but it doesn't display in the drive files. I used CCleaner to check the drive F files .. it only shows up as 2Gb of OTHER FILES, but not in the listed files.

Any (constructive) suggestions welcome. I can't remove it as it doesn't show in the file list.

GregNeedsHelp, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

Lost icon art image on all mp4 files

1. Lost icon art image on all mp4 files - Similar Threads - Lost icon art

2. how to change the icon of an mp4 file?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to change the icon of an mp4 file?: im trying to make something but i want to change the thumbnail of the file but i dont know how submitted by /u/alliumCepa857 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j0llxf/how_to_change_the_icon_of_an_mp4_file/
  3. MP4 FILES

in Windows 10 Customization
    MP4 FILES: Hi, i cannot run an MP4 file on my windows computer. any advice would be appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mp4-files/5d15cbeb-ecf9-41c7-9d34-5dc33afd8bfc
  4. MP4 file.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MP4 file.: Hello, I can not find my MP4. I looked in File Explorer,Documents,etc. Please,I need the steps to send a video from YouTube to my Gmail. I don't know a lot about computers. Yes,I knew how to send a video on Windows 7. Thanks, A.W....
  5. MP4 files not showing movie icon in Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MP4 files not showing movie icon in Explorer: Some of my MP4 files are not showing the correct movie-type of icon in Windows Explorer. This is when viewing the folder using icons of any size. If I switch to Details view then it shows correctly as a movie file. NB I think this seems to only happen with VERTICAL MP4...
  6. .mp4 thumbnail icons!?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .mp4 thumbnail icons!?: Did the feature update this morning and now I don't get thumbnail previews for .mp4 files only! Any idea why anyone!? I like my thumbnails!!! Chuter. EDIT: To be more specific it seems it's only not going to show me the .mp4 video thumbnails for the videos that came...
  7. Icons and album art

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Icons and album art: do not appear in Windows file Explorer after Windows 10 update is https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-and-album-art/6263e8a0-6dc2-4d1c-a190-eda0ebbd7754
  8. Lost All Taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost All Taskbar icons: I lost all my taskbar icons in Windows 10 when I did a restart and need to get them all back. I am running a Lenovo X1 Tablet PC in desktop mode and had large icons selected, but now I only have the Search box and the Task View icon all by itself. How do I get the other icons...
  9. I lost all art after upgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    I lost all art after upgrading to windows 10: How can I retrieve it or is it lost for good. 13419
  10. Some MP4 Files Are Not Displaying Icons in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Some MP4 Files Are Not Displaying Icons in File Explorer: I've ripped several DVDs to MP4s. In Windows 10 - 64-bit file explorer, some of the icons for the MP4 files display as the movie poster and some of the icons appear as a snapshot of the 1st still (e.g. opening credits vs. movie poster). Is there a way to get all the MP4 icons...