Windows 10: Lost Icon Tiles

Discus and support Lost Icon Tiles in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a New laptop but I have lost the App Tiles immediately above the Start....anyone help recover them .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JimTierney2, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Lost Icon Tiles

I have a New laptop but I have lost the App Tiles immediately above the Start....anyone help recover them .

:)

JimTierney2, Oct 8, 2019

2. Live tiles not working on my new laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Does this issue persist with all the Live tiles icon?
    • Are you able to view the different app’s tiles icon on Start menu?
    I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if issue gets resolved:

• Press the Windows key to open the Start menu.
    • Right click on the Tiles and click “turn live tile on”.
    • Repeat step 2 on the desired tiles.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Oct 8, 2019
  3. Maxwell and Pascal "secretly" use tile based rasterization

I suspect this is still not full tile based rendering the way ARM Mali does, keeping lists of geometry primitives per tile in each hierarchy level. This seems only tiling of a rasterization step.
    In pipeline after geometry is done, gpu seems to run full pixel shader with full gpu on each first level tile serially from left to right, top to bottom. Second level could be as well done in immediate rasterization mode but coverage pattern using tiny tiles helps with cache hits - remember, maxwell and pascal have multiple levels of cache in their gpu. Tiles must be appropriately sized by driver to ensure best usage of gpu cache.

BiggieShady, Oct 8, 2019
  4. Lost Icon Tiles

Lost Cortana tile

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you perform the steps listed below and check if the issue is resolved:

• Click on the Start Menu, locate and select the
      Notebook icon
      located on the left navigation pane below the Settings icon.
    • Once the pop-up opens, click on “Settings”.
    • Then locate “Hey Cortana” and turn it “On"
    • Restart the system and check if the issue resolves.

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you further

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

Lost Icon Tiles

1. Lost Icon Tiles - Similar Threads - Lost Icon Tiles

2. lost icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lost icons: i recently minimized images on my system and lost my icons. how do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-icons/77dc25cb-6fbe-4be1-9046-2e6322234216
  3. Tiles and Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tiles and Icons: Why won't my Alienware laptop running an Intel I7-6500U CPU @ 2.50 Ghz, 8 GB ram, 500 GB Hard drive, 64 bit with touch screen. Windows 10 version 1903, with OS build 18362.836. Why won't it save to tiles anymore after last update? Either need ability to have desktop icons or...
  4. Start Menu Tiles and their Icons - How to fill entire tile with Icon?

Start Menu Tiles and their Icons - How to fill entire tile with Icon?: I have 3 shortcuts to websites... specifically links to Zoom conferences. I have pinned these shortcuts to the start menu as small tiles. I made 3 icons, one for each, in Illustrator, saved as PNG, then ran them through Gimp to save as Icons. Gimp has changed a LOT since I...
  5. Start menu pinned tiles lost

Start menu pinned tiles lost: Hello to all, Yesterday I have done the following Windows update: https://support.microsoft.com/nl-nl/help/4551762/windows-10-update-kb4551762 Now I see that I also moved to Version 1909, too. … and ever since all my pinned programs in the Start menu are gone not the...
  6. Office icons and tiles

Office icons and tiles: I just installed Windows 10. In the start menu, by default, there are live tiles for office apps like Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and some more. When you click some of these, they open up the online Office in a tab in Edge, because clearly, they aren't installed. The thing is,...
  7. lost task bar, tiles and favorites

lost task bar, tiles and favorites: My pc updated last week with a new version of windows 10, I think. It erased all my tiles and task bar saves as well as my favorites on the side of pages (my frequent sites). None of the remaining tiles work, such as email. I hit it and nothing happens. What is going on and...
  8. No icon on tile

No icon on tile: When I pin the Crome exe to start menu all is well, but if I change the size to small it will lose the icon and tile is faded? Anyone have a fix for this? 32331
  9. Icons and Tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons and Tiles: I have wondered why tile has become the key word for what used to be icon? Is there really a difference other than size? Programs have become apps. I know tablets changed our reference words but when an app has more code than some programs isn't it really a program? I...
  10. Missing App Tile ICONs

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing App Tile ICONs: Greetings! I'm experiencing an odd issue with my Surface Book with Performance Base where occasionally some of the Start Menu Tiles are missing their ICONs after returning from sleep. The Tile itself is still there and when triggered will successfully launch the...