Windows 10: lost icons and cannot restote them using display or settings etc

Discus and support lost icons and cannot restote them using display or settings etc in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I wanted to restore to earlier date. There was none saved. but I had definitely had one. I used reset as it was suggested. it lost much data and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by VK3DBD, Jul 28, 2019.

1. VK3DBD Win User

lost icons and cannot restote them using display or settings etc

I wanted to restore to earlier date. There was none saved. but I had definitely had one. I used reset as it was suggested. it lost much data and made a mess of all settings. Now I cannot get the icons to show on desktop and desktop as I know it is missing. Windows 10 is a disaster. Windows 7 is the best without a doubt The settings options do not operate as suggested and nothing changes when I try using the various options in display.

:)

VK3DBD, Jul 28, 2019
  2. Pendaws Win User

Lost (no display) Icons and folders in Start and in Apps list

I inadvertently clicked on a programme and not looking properly clicked an acceptance to change the DPI, it was this little app, Windows 10 DPI Fix,
    all it did was cause the problem that I have now. *Sad Windows 10 DPI Fix 2.2 Read more at: Download Windows 10 DPI Fix - MajorGeeks

The two first pics are from a NEW login I created and, as anyone can see, there are icons like there should be and folders in apps section of the Start menu but
    The second two are from my main login and as can be seen, the icons and the folders have disappeared. I am guessing that I have caused a fault in my main profile
    And I am sure that there is some way to fix this? I have searched Google and here for answers and have also tried the MS route with little joy so, I am asking
    if anyone has had this happen to them and, were you able to fix this without a reinstall or uninstall of programmes and reinstall? Thanks in Advance.

lost icons and cannot  restote them  using display or settings etc [​IMG]

Pendaws, Jul 28, 2019
  3. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jul 28, 2019
  4. lost icons and cannot restote them using display or settings etc

Display settings

Hi Julia,

To reset the settings back to default, follow these steps:

• Go to your desktop, right click and select Display Settings.
    • Choose the appropriate settings from the options under Display.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

lost icons and cannot restote them using display or settings etc

1. lost icons and cannot restote them using display or settings etc - Similar Threads - lost icons cannot

2. Start Button, Display Setting, etc. No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Button, Display Setting, etc. No Longer Working: Hi,When I left click on the start button, nothing comes up. If I right click, and select for examples "Settings", nothing happens. If I right click on the desktop, and click on "Display Settings", it states that the file does not have an app associated with it for performing...
  3. I have lost my desktop settings etc

in Windows 10 Support
    I have lost my desktop settings etc: Hello, last week I logged in to my laptop as usual and found my desktop totally depleted, as if I was signing in as a guest. I had received a message about logging back out and in, and I am pretty sure I chose the option log out. The night before I: had to force the shutdown...
  4. Size of objects icons, sheets, etc on display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Size of objects icons, sheets, etc on display: Good morning, all objects on my display are larger in horizontal direction with respect to the vertical direction. As an example, the icons does not appear as square but as rectangle. Another example, when I am working with WORD, the single page A4 appear almost squared...
  5. Blue Mountain icon displays instead of photos after I use them once.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Blue Mountain icon displays instead of photos after I use them once.: When I download photos into a folder, I can see the photo icon. However, after I select them for use or upload them, they are replaced with the blue mountain icon. How can I restore the thumbnail image?...
  6. Display scale, high dpi settings etc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display scale, high dpi settings etc: Hi, i have a laptop with 3000x2000 screen resolution and a 1366x768 monitor, when i use the monitor some apps like Davinci resolve and inkscape show weird zoomed resolutions, does it have a way to plug and play my monitor withouth those resolution issues? using high dpi i...
  7. Cannot open display settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot open display settings: Hello everyone I am having an issue on my Windows 10 machine where I cannot open displays settings, it flickers open, then crashes, I have tried a number of things to try to fix it including updating my video drivers, a lot of restarting, and a SFC scan, nothing has worked so...
  8. Taskbar setting - Icons to display

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar setting - Icons to display: I installed Chemtable Autorun Organizer, decided I didn't want it and uninstalled it. It the Taskbar settings, Select which items appear in the taskbar, it is still showing not 1, but 2 instances of "AutorunOrganizer.exc Autorun Organizer (performing 1 task(s)". It doesn't...
  9. Cannot remove phantom displays in Display Settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot remove phantom displays in Display Settings: It seems that I have somehow mucked up with multiple screens and using the intel graphics driver tool, and caused windows to get confused about the order of screens. In Display Settings I now see three screens, when no other screens are available (plugged in). The 1 is...
  10. Windows Icon Display Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Icon Display Settings: In Windows10, suddenly the desktop icon names and the folder names have disappeared. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_action/windows-icon-display-settings/c65a8efa-82ed-4f59-a6b1-18e86d327ad7