Windows 10: Lost icons for some apps, and also for jpg file

Discus and support Lost icons for some apps, and also for jpg file in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hello all, I hope someone will be able to help, I lost icons for some apps, and also for jpg file. This is mainly Microsoft apps. But also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/miodzicho, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Lost icons for some apps, and also for jpg file

/u/miodzicho, Oct 16, 2020
  2. Pendaws Win User

Lost (no display) Icons and folders in Start and in Apps list

I inadvertently clicked on a programme and not looking properly clicked an acceptance to change the DPI, it was this little app, Windows 10 DPI Fix,
    all it did was cause the problem that I have now. *Sad Windows 10 DPI Fix 2.2 Read more at: Download Windows 10 DPI Fix - MajorGeeks

The two first pics are from a NEW login I created and, as anyone can see, there are icons like there should be and folders in apps section of the Start menu but
    The second two are from my main login and as can be seen, the icons and the folders have disappeared. I am guessing that I have caused a fault in my main profile
    And I am sure that there is some way to fix this? I have searched Google and here for answers and have also tried the MS route with little joy so, I am asking
    if anyone has had this happen to them and, were you able to fix this without a reinstall or uninstall of programmes and reinstall? Thanks in Advance.

Lost icons for some apps, and also for jpg file [​IMG]

Pendaws, Oct 16, 2020
  3. lost FILE EXPLORER ICON

File Explorer icon LOST since last Win 10 update. Tried Start but can't find a field there, to search for File Explorer let alone the icon. Have tonight tried checking settings and other handy hints by Community, but still no File Explorer icon!! Finally
    tried Programs just in case, but not listed there. Urrggh! Can anyone help, please? NOTCRUISIN' RIGHT NOW.

Justcruisin1000, Oct 16, 2020
  4. Lost icons for some apps, and also for jpg file

Files lost after Automatic Repair

Hi,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to refer the link provided below and check if it helps.

The files & folders from the previous operating system after the upgrade to Windows 10 might have been saved in the
    windows.old folder. Check if the lost files and folders are present in
    windows.old folder by following the steps below:

Step 1: Using Cortana

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard and type
      windows.old in the search box.

• Select the search result which shows folder and drive location of the program.

• Follow the file/folder path to check the contents of the same.

Step 2: Using Windows explorer

• Press Windows logo + E keys on the keyboard to open Windows Explorer.

• Click on This PC option from the left side panel of the window.

• Type windows.old in the Search This PC
      box located at the top right corner of the window.

• Follow the file/folder path to check the contents of the same.

Refer to the link below on Find lost files after the update to Windows 10 and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/find-lost-files-after-the-update-to-windows-10

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

Lost icons for some apps, and also for jpg file

1. Lost icons for some apps, and also for jpg file - Similar Threads - Lost icons apps

2. JPG files are with padlock icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    JPG files are with padlock icons: JPG files are with padlock icons after reinstall of windows 10 pro. The files were applied security attributes before reinstallation. When trying to change the permission now, I get the message " Files cannot be decrypted"How can I remove the lock icons? Please help...
  3. JPG files are with padlock icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    JPG files are with padlock icons: JPG files are with padlock icons after reinstall of windows 10 pro. The files were applied security attributes before reinstallation. When trying to change the permission now, I get the message " Files cannot be decrypted"How can I remove the lock icons? Please help...
  4. JPG files are with padlock icons

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Some jpg files display is black

Some jpg files display is black: On my Win 10 PC I have quite a few jpg files which in the past would display properly, but now are black. Switching between apps Photos, Paint, Irfan, etc. does not solve the problem. How may I restore these photos and make them visible again?...
  6. Some functionality of app are lost

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some functionality of app are lost: Not able to see the complete file names in downloads Cant use the pen on powerpoint https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-functionality-of-app-are-lost/953d72bd-4779-475f-a8d9-58d9a3aaa608
  7. icon for .jpg files has changed.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    icon for .jpg files has changed.: Sometime in the last week or so the icon for my .jpg files has changed. The files still open with the correct application. I have done a system restore from a point that was created 3 week ago but there was no change. The attached pics show the current icons and the second is...
  8. jpg file icon changed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    jpg file icon changed: My jpg file icons, and others, have all changed to have a double arrow fast forward in the lower left hand corner of the icon. This double arrow also appears on the "view extra large icons" setting. This double arrow also occurs on word and pdf files. Something that just...
  9. Some jpg files not supported but other are

Some jpg files not supported but other are: Hi I have transferred some pictures from my Samsung phone to my windows laptop and some of the photos open fine but others come up with an error message 'it appears that we don't support this file format' even though it is the same file format as the other photos and videos...
  10. Lost some icons on taskbar and personalization

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost some icons on taskbar and personalization: Hi all, I had some issues with some app icons. At this photo, some icons have lost and I had "X" in personalization. [ATTACH] When I opened those apps, there were blank boxes instead of app icons on taskbar. This thing is really annoying, so please help me on this....