Windows 10: Lost important files (Folder Locker)

Discus and support Lost important files (Folder Locker) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just moved my folder locker batch file into an alternate folder. Now that it's been moved from its original location I can no longer gain access.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sacred_Pickle, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Lost important files (Folder Locker)

I just moved my folder locker batch file into an alternate folder. Now that it's been moved from its original location I can no longer gain access. Clicking on the folder locker no longer displays the first prompt aka "unlock y/n" instead "enter password" is displayed immediately. Tried entering the password regardless but nothing happens.

I tried moving the folder locker back to its original location but the same thing happens as it's now broken. I'm hoping to find a way to repair it and get back my files.

submitted by /u/Sacred_Pickle
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sacred_Pickle, Dec 28, 2020
  2. Ruz San Win User

Lost a REALLY IMPORTANT folder

Hi Tanya,

We'd like to know a few things to understand this better and help you recover the missing folder. Please answer these questions:

• Did you lose it after upgrading to Windows 10?
    • How long has it been since you installed Windows 10 on the computer?
    Windows 10 does not apply changes or remove personal files without your permission. We suggest you restore the previous version of the folder or drive that used to contain the files you are looking for. Refer to this

page
    for the steps.

Let us know if you need more help.

Regards.

Ruz San, Dec 28, 2020
  3. Folder locked and dissapeared after unlock

Well here's something i found on this:

http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-475786-lost-my-files-in-folder-lock

But it doesn't work here , i don't have that folder.

Can somebody help me searching for a solution , tnx.

EDIT:

I did that and that's when the folder just disappeared but the data is still there, the program is very confusing about restoring files , it says that "files should become unlocked automatically" ... so where the heck are manual unlocking instructions.

It's not an encrypt , it's just a password lock , so data is all open. The problem is, i would get like 225 GB of individual files off the HDD recovery , i just want the harder way of accessing the folder but getting the folder structure , where can i find the time to SORT 220 GB of data omg.

RuskiSnajper, Dec 28, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Lost important files (Folder Locker)

Lost folders on Update

Hi,

There are ways to recover some missing files on Windows 10. For us to help you recover them, we'd like to ask a few things. Kindly answer the following:

• Are you using an Administator account to search for the missing folders/files?
    • Are you able to find the missing files/folders using Search?
    • What specific files/folders are missing?

Meanwhile, as an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you check this
    article
    and follow the troubleshooting steps given.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

Lost important files (Folder Locker)

1. Lost important files (Folder Locker) - Similar Threads - Lost important files

2. I lost very important files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost very important files: Hello there!I need help regarding a issue. My Microsoft account was hacked and access to everything in my PC was granted to whoever it was. I managed to get hold of my account after 3 days and could retrieve it after a week later. When I got my account back I decided to...
  3. I lost very important files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I lost very important files: Hello there!I need help regarding a issue. My Microsoft account was hacked and access to everything in my PC was granted to whoever it was. I managed to get hold of my account after 3 days and could retrieve it after a week later. When I got my account back I decided to...
  4. Encrypted locker is lost

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Encrypted locker is lost: I have a WD My Passport external drive. I am using FOLDER LOCK7 to encrypt important files. I was working on the locker file when my system restarted after a blue screen. After that the locker file disappeared. It was in the name of PROGRAM FILES.flka. Instead, a .flkb file...
  5. Encrypted locker is lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encrypted locker is lost: I have a WD My Passport external drive. I am using FOLDER LOCK7 to encrypt important files. I was working on the locker file when my system restarted after a blue screen. After that the locker file disappeared. It was in the name of PROGRAM FILES.flka. Instead, a .flkb file...
  6. Encrypted locker is lost

7. Folder Locker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder Locker: If I have my Folder Locker open, are the documents within accessible by everyone/anyone until I lock it again? Is there a way to set an "auto-close" on the folder after a certain amount of time? I keep forgetting to lock it back up!...
  8. Folder Locker

Folder Locker: If I have my Folder Locker open, are the documents within accessible by everyone/anyone until I lock it again? Is there a way to set an "auto-close" on the folder after a certain amount of time? I keep forgetting to lock it back up!...
  9. Folder Locker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder Locker: I currently have one of my folders locked with "Folder Locker" on our department's shared drive. Can other people access the documents in my folder while I have it open to work in it and until I lock it back up? [Moved from: Microsoft 365 and Office / Subscription, account,...
  10. Folder Locker

Folder Locker: I currently have one of my folders locked with "Folder Locker" on our department's shared drive. Can other people access the documents in my folder while I have it open to work in it and until I lock it back up? [Moved from: Microsoft 365 and Office / Subscription, account,...