Windows 10: LOST IN UPGRADE PATH.

Discus and support LOST IN UPGRADE PATH. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; an unrelated process on my computer crashed while i was installing the upgrade from win 7 pro to win 10 pro, and i had to reboot, loosing my place in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DonaldBlanchard, Jun 29, 2020.

1. LOST IN UPGRADE PATH.

an unrelated process on my computer crashed while i was installing the upgrade from win 7 pro to win 10 pro, and i had to reboot, loosing my place in the middle of the installation. i was running some pages that were unique to that upgrade path, and that are only accessible from the pay $200 screen. I've paid my $200 AND I CAN'T GET IN.

:)

DonaldBlanchard, Jun 29, 2020

2. Add a path to $PATH?

what exactly do you need to decipher about that path line? also, what are you installing? perhaps i can help.

Easy Rhino, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Add a path to $PATH?

Yeah, I think you're right. I think the purpose of the echo command was to check if ~/bin was in the $PATH file. My problem is that I can't decipher the output and I don't know how to add ~/bin to the $PATH file.

Just for clarification, the snippet of instructions I gave is just a few steps in the installation process. Nothing is actually supposed to be installed with those steps.

Thanks for the reply.

angelkiller, Jun 29, 2020
  4. LOST IN UPGRADE PATH.

Files lost after Automatic Repair

Hi,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to refer the link provided below and check if it helps.

The files & folders from the previous operating system after the upgrade to Windows 10 might have been saved in the
    windows.old folder. Check if the lost files and folders are present in
    windows.old folder by following the steps below:

Step 1: Using Cortana

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard and type
      windows.old in the search box.

• Select the search result which shows folder and drive location of the program.

• Follow the file/folder path to check the contents of the same.

Step 2: Using Windows explorer

• Press Windows logo + E keys on the keyboard to open Windows Explorer.

• Click on This PC option from the left side panel of the window.

• Type windows.old in the Search This PC
      box located at the top right corner of the window.

• Follow the file/folder path to check the contents of the same.

Refer to the link below on Find lost files after the update to Windows 10 and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/find-lost-files-after-the-update-to-windows-10

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

LOST IN UPGRADE PATH.

1. LOST IN UPGRADE PATH. - Similar Threads - LOST UPGRADE PATH

2. upgrade path is not supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrade path is not supported: this is the message i get when upgrading upgrade path is not supported close setup and re launce from the root of the media or go back and pick a differencvt installation choice what does that mean my machine is running win 11 but it says that i cant run windows how to fix i...
  3. upgrade path is not supported

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    upgrade path is not supported: this is the message i get when upgrading upgrade path is not supported close setup and re launce from the root of the media or go back and pick a differencvt installation choice what does that mean my machine is running win 11 but it says that i cant run windows how to fix i...
  4. upgrade 10 pro path

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrade 10 pro path: I have SQ1 Surface Pro X with windows 10 pro. prior to upgrading SSD 256 to 512 windows update said I could upgrade to windows 11. After installing new SSD, reinstalling Windows 10 pro it is saying passed the Windows Hardware Compatibility Program for Windows 11 but no longer...
  5. upgrade 10 pro path

upgrade 10 pro path: I have SQ1 Surface Pro X with windows 10 pro. prior to upgrading SSD 256 to 512 windows update said I could upgrade to windows 11. After installing new SSD, reinstalling Windows 10 pro it is saying passed the Windows Hardware Compatibility Program for Windows 11 but no longer...
  6. Upgrade path

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade path: Why is it so hard to get someone from MS to answer a direct question? They want a support contract to answer anything aside from "What is your name?"! All I want to know is what is the correct upgrade path for a Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise to Windows Server 2016...
  7. Upgrade path

Upgrade path: Why is it so hard to get someone from MS to answer a direct question? They want a support contract to answer anything aside from "What is your name?"! All I want to know is what is the correct upgrade path for a Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise to Windows Server 2016...
  8. Upgrade Path Question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade Path Question: Trying to understand my upgrade path. I'm currently on 1909 . . . [img] In May of 2021 that version will be at end of life. At that point, will I need to first upgrade to 2004 and then again to 20H2, or if I decide to take the plunge, can I go directly from 1909 to 20H2?...
  9. Lost the Path to Home Directory

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost the Path to Home Directory: The error message reads: Path to Home Directory is absent. See README.TXT for details. TinyWeb/1.93 service failed to start. I cannot find the Readme.txt or any reference to tiny/web when i do a search. It will reboot marginally well with my boot thumb drive inserted but...
  10. Question regarding upgrade path

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question regarding upgrade path: This question may be way early... but I'll ask anyway. *Smile Is it known whether the upgrade path from Windows 7 or 8 to 10 will include the option of a clean install? I have, in the past, always done clean installs rather than OS upgrades and much prefer it this way. The...