Windows 10: Lost info in One Drive Files

Discus and support Lost info in One Drive Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After Syncing my files, when I go into One Drive and open a previous file that I saved the current information is gone. This has happened on several of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MargeeG, Mar 18, 2020.

1. MargeeG Win User

Lost info in One Drive Files

After Syncing my files, when I go into One Drive and open a previous file that I saved the current information is gone. This has happened on several of my files. Anyone know why or how I can restore them?.

:)

MargeeG, Mar 18, 2020

2. File Lost!!

I had that happen once where I lost a file that was too big to recover, and I couldn't find a utility that could do it, either . . .

I ended up having to take the HDD to CompUSA and have them retrieve the lost info *Eek! Lost info in One Drive Files :eek:

imperialreign, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown Lost info in One Drive Files :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Lost info in One Drive Files

Files lost after Automatic Repair

Hi,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to refer the link provided below and check if it helps.

The files & folders from the previous operating system after the upgrade to Windows 10 might have been saved in the
    windows.old folder. Check if the lost files and folders are present in
    windows.old folder by following the steps below:

Step 1: Using Cortana

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard and type
      windows.old in the search box.

• Select the search result which shows folder and drive location of the program.

• Follow the file/folder path to check the contents of the same.

Step 2: Using Windows explorer

• Press Windows logo + E keys on the keyboard to open Windows Explorer.

• Click on This PC option from the left side panel of the window.

• Type windows.old in the Search This PC
      box located at the top right corner of the window.

• Follow the file/folder path to check the contents of the same.

Refer to the link below on Find lost files after the update to Windows 10 and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/find-lost-files-after-the-update-to-windows-10

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Lost info in One Drive Files

1. Lost info in One Drive Files - Similar Threads - Lost info Drive

2. One drive local data lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One drive local data lost: Good dayI lost all my local data Photos, documents, etc. after deleting one drive from my PCI ran multiple recovery tools and had no successI just need to albums recoveredPlease HELP!...
  3. One drive local data lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive local data lost: Good dayI lost all my local data Photos, documents, etc. after deleting one drive from my PCI ran multiple recovery tools and had no successI just need to albums recoveredPlease HELP!...
  4. Lost files in one drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost files in one drive: Hi there,I have been using subscribed version of MS office and got 1TB of one drive space. I have backed up lots of files since 2017. If I go tback and look for those files everything is gone, only folder remained with nothing inside. I am pretty stuffed up now as I had faith...
  5. Lost files in one drive

Lost files in one drive: Hi there,I have been using subscribed version of MS office and got 1TB of one drive space. I have backed up lots of files since 2017. If I go tback and look for those files everything is gone, only folder remained with nothing inside. I am pretty stuffed up now as I had faith...
  6. Lost files in one drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. lost info for webroot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost info for webroot: My question is how do I retrieve my information to get into my Webroot? Cleaner because I was cleaning out my computer and by accident I deleted my main email for this Microsoft permanently. So I am trying to retrieve and get into my computer for the Webroot. How do I...
  8. lost info for webroot

lost info for webroot: My question is how do I retrieve my information to get into my Webroot? Cleaner because I was cleaning out my computer and by accident I deleted my main email for this Microsoft permanently. So I am trying to retrieve and get into my computer for the Webroot. How do I...
  9. One Drive Issue Leading to Lost Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive Issue Leading to Lost Files: Hello. I'm a writer, and I thought my files were stored locally on my computer. I had the folder synced with One drive as an additional backup. I recently ran out of space on OneDrive and decided to disable the sync because the red icons were an eyesore. I disabled...
  10. one drive icon lost from file explorer

one drive icon lost from file explorer: I have upgraded from windows 8.1 pro to windows 10 pro. After the upgrade the one drive logo that use to be displayed using file explorer is no longer visually available. It is not shown in the apps list or the task bar. I have upgraded a total of 3 identical systems. My...