Windows 10: Lost information by creating usb start for Windows 11

Discus and support Lost information by creating usb start for Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have created a partition with enough capacity for USB starting disk and I selected that specific partition, but Windows has formated the Whole USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Roman Her., Dec 1, 2022.

1. Lost information by creating usb start for Windows 11

I have created a partition with enough capacity for USB starting disk and I selected that specific partition, but Windows has formated the Whole USB unit, deleting all valuable information.1 How can I recover that?2 You should inform properly if that is the way windows works, which is a huge mistake. If there is a partition, windows should only tough the partition, not the whole USB drive with big amount of information.Note: in the image below, this whole data lost.

:)

Roman Her., Dec 1, 2022
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Dec 1, 2022
  3. Agility Win User
    Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Dec 1, 2022
  4. DonGirvin Win User

Lost information by creating usb start for Windows 11

LOST WINDOWS 10 START MENU

After trying all suggested fixes, I finally was forced to use Windows Recovery under Settings to reload the full system. I lost all non-Microsoft applications but recovered the start menu. Though this was a painful, no other suggestions worked.

Windows created an HTML file listing all programs that was deleted and that was very helpful for reinstalling mt lost programs.

Thanks to everyone for their effort, perhaps Microsoft will discover the root cause of so many who are losing the Start menu and can prevent it in the future.

DonGirvin, Dec 1, 2022
Thema:

Lost information by creating usb start for Windows 11

1. Lost information by creating usb start for Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Lost information creating

2. Lost account information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost account information: Hi, My company purchased 3 laptops last year in July/August. I had to upgrade the OS to Windows 11 Pro on all 3. My issue is that I had to create a private/personal microsoft account in order to make the purchase last year. I never used the account for anything else and have...
  3. Lost account information

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost account information: Hi, My company purchased 3 laptops last year in July/August. I had to upgrade the OS to Windows 11 Pro on all 3. My issue is that I had to create a private/personal microsoft account in order to make the purchase last year. I never used the account for anything else and have...
  4. Lost information by creating usb start for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost information by creating usb start for Windows 11: I have created a partition with enough capacity for USB starting disk and I selected that specific partition, but Windows has formated the Whole USB unit, deleting all valuable information.1 How can I recover that?2 You should inform properly if that is the way windows works,...
  5. Lost information by creating usb start for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost information by creating usb start for Windows 11: I have created a partition with enough capacity for USB starting disk and I selected that specific partition, but Windows has formated the Whole USB unit, deleting all valuable information.1 How can I recover that?2 You should inform properly if that is the way windows works,...
  6. Windows 11. How to create a bootable USB?

Windows 11. How to create a bootable USB?: Hi Guys,I have an HP laptop which had Windows 10 pre-installed, then I upgraded to Windows 11. I have applications software installed on my laptop which acted weirdly since the upgrade.How can I create a bootable USB to format my system and have a clean Windows 11...
  7. lost information

lost information: How can I retrieve a notepad document that was altered and now the information in the document is gone? I would like to get the original document back if possible....
  8. USB 3 information

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB 3 information: Having just acquired a USB 3 Hub and a couple of devices for my 2-in-1 hybrid PC, I would welcome some information about their operation. If the Hub or device, such as a card reader / writer or DVD burner, is plugged into the PC's native USB sockets will they run at USB 3...
  9. Stop Creating Recycle Bin and System Information in USBs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stop Creating Recycle Bin and System Information in USBs: Hi Guys, I hope I've asked this in the right channel. Through googling, I found a tutorial on how to prevent Windows from creating Recycle Bin and System Information folder in USBs by using the Group Policy Editor. Since I'm on Windows 10 Home edition, I do not have the...
  10. Basic information: desktop, start menu, create folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Basic information: desktop, start menu, create folders: I won't move to 10 until I am convinced that certain options will be available. I need my desktop, as in 7. Will there be a start menu with all the options that exist in 7? Can I create folders to store programs, like in 7? There are other questions I have. I haven't found...