Windows 10: lost information

Discus and support lost information in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How can I retrieve a notepad document that was altered and now the information in the document is gone? I would like to get the original document back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by danhickenbottom, Sep 28, 2018.

1. lost information

How can I retrieve a notepad document that was altered and now the information in the document is gone? I would like to get the original document back if possible.

:)

danhickenbottom, Sep 28, 2018
  2. figgirigh Win User

How to recover the lost messages?

1. Re-create your mail folder hierarchy by dragging folders into place in the Folder list. Note that any folder you have created to group sub-folders but that does not itself contain messages will not appear in the Folder list and so must be created again.
    2. Re-download the list of newsgroups from each news account.
    3. Reset your subscribed newsgroups and download messages again.
    4. Reset synchronization options on IMAP and newsgroup folders.
    5. Edit any message rule that moves or copies messages to folders other than the Inbox.
    These are the steps from which you can get the lost information back. And if your information not recovered again then it might be severe problem .In this case you have to go for recovery software to get your dbx files data back. I can refer you a link which can surely help you to get your lost data back. Try
    http://itknowledgeexchange.techtarge...tlook-express/

figgirigh, Sep 28, 2018
  3. I lost my contacts

Hi John,

Regarding your issue with contact list that is lost in Windows live mail, we suggest to check this thread:

Contacts list disappeared from Windows Live Mail
    . Look for MikeSTL and ¡Firedog answers. It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Sep 28, 2018
  4. lost information

Divya Murugan, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

lost information

1. lost information - Similar Threads - lost information

2. how do i recover my information from windows phone thats lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i recover my information from windows phone thats lost: fhow can i recover my information from a lost windows 11 phone thats still connected to my email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-recover-my-information-from-windows-phone/7c6d7f7c-495c-4b82-97f0-5dc8aa1ce17e
  3. how do i recover my information from windows phone thats lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i recover my information from windows phone thats lost: fhow can i recover my information from a lost windows 11 phone thats still connected to my email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-recover-my-information-from-windows-phone/7c6d7f7c-495c-4b82-97f0-5dc8aa1ce17e
  4. In the last unnecessary update in Photo gallery certain information is lost after I crop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In the last unnecessary update in Photo gallery certain information is lost after I crop...: In the last unnecessary update in Photo gallery certain information is lost after I crop and save photos as a new image. I want my GPS information to be retained as I upload images to Inaturalist but it disappears. Can you change that?...
  5. In the last unnecessary update in Photo gallery certain information is lost after I crop...

In the last unnecessary update in Photo gallery certain information is lost after I crop...: In the last unnecessary update in Photo gallery certain information is lost after I crop and save photos as a new image. I want my GPS information to be retained as I upload images to Inaturalist but it disappears. Can you change that?...
  6. Lost account information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost account information: Hi, My company purchased 3 laptops last year in July/August. I had to upgrade the OS to Windows 11 Pro on all 3. My issue is that I had to create a private/personal microsoft account in order to make the purchase last year. I never used the account for anything else and have...
  7. Lost account information

Lost account information: Hi, My company purchased 3 laptops last year in July/August. I had to upgrade the OS to Windows 11 Pro on all 3. My issue is that I had to create a private/personal microsoft account in order to make the purchase last year. I never used the account for anything else and have...
  8. I tried to merge steam to xbox on p.c and lost my information for asphalt 9 app , can I get...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I tried to merge steam to xbox on p.c and lost my information for asphalt 9 app , can I get...: I tried to merge steam to my xbox client and my settiing were erased , can I retreive them ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-tried-to-merge-steam-to-xbox-on-pc-and-lost-my/519d0d64-e4f5-4519-b24c-0b6825a0ff66
  9. I tried to merge steam to xbox on p.c and lost my information for asphalt 9 app , can I get...

I tried to merge steam to xbox on p.c and lost my information for asphalt 9 app , can I get...: I tried to merge steam to my xbox client and my settiing were erased , can I retreive them ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-tried-to-merge-steam-to-xbox-on-pc-and-lost-my/519d0d64-e4f5-4519-b24c-0b6825a0ff66
  10. Lost information by creating usb start for Windows 11

Lost information by creating usb start for Windows 11: I have created a partition with enough capacity for USB starting disk and I selected that specific partition, but Windows has formated the Whole USB unit, deleting all valuable information.1 How can I recover that?2 You should inform properly if that is the way windows works,...