Windows 10: Lost Internet Connection - Ethernet Adapter Problem

Discus and support Lost Internet Connection - Ethernet Adapter Problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, First, let me say I am using my wife's laptop computer to ask for help. System Info below is for my desktop computer, where my problem lies. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jmallard, Jan 27, 2020.

1. jmallard Win User

Lost Internet Connection - Ethernet Adapter Problem

Hi,

First, let me say I am using my wife's laptop computer to ask for help. System Info below is for my desktop computer, where my problem lies. The computer is a Dell XPS720 and I just re-installed Windows 10 for the 3rd time.

I have 4 hard drives (2 SSD and 2 WD1tb drives). I use "C" for programs and "D" for data. The other two are for back-up.
    I am trying to get Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Installed. I was running Windows 7 prior to this. My router is an Arris, Model #: MVG468MQ. When I ping my IP address I get a General Failure.

At this point in time I'm not sure what I was doing when I lost my internet connection. I have been installing software on the desktop in my latest Win10 install. It has been a nightmare!!

I ran the internet troubleshooter and got the message below:
    -----------------------------------
    PrintWindows Network Diagnostics Publisher details

Issues found
    There might be a problem with the driver for the Ethernet adapterThere might be a problem with the driver for the Ethernet adapter
    Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter. Not fixed Not Fixed
    The wired network adapter is experiencing problems Failed
    Set up the wired network adapter Completed

Issues found Detection details

6 There might be a problem with the driver for the Ethernet adapter Not fixed Not Fixed
    Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter.
    The wired network adapter is experiencing problems Failed
    Windows Help and Support can provide more information about resolving driver or hardware issues.
    InformationalNetwork Diagnostics Log
    File Name: 2C24067C-090F-42A4-9893-FDBF3D7ABC70.Repair.Admin.3.etl
    Set up the wired network adapter Completed
    Set up the network adapter to communicate with this network. This ensures that both Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) can be used on the network adapter.
    InformationalNetwork Diagnostics Log
    File Name: FCEBDBEC-5616-46D3-9CF4-F541392386FD.Repair.Admin.0.etl
    --------------------------------------------------
    The Ethernet Adapter shows Enabled in "Network Connections". The adapter is a Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigab...
    ----------------------------------------

I don't know what to do to get this resolved. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I do not have a current back up of the "C" (programs) drive.

Thanks.

Jerry

:)

jmallard, Jan 27, 2020
  2. rez001 Win User

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

Lost Internet Connection - Ethernet Adapter Problem install-driver-software.png

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Lost Internet Connection - Ethernet Adapter Problem pick-comptible-driver-software.png

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Lost Internet Connection - Ethernet Adapter Problem select-network-adapter.png

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Lost Internet Connection - Ethernet Adapter Problem Limited-wi-fi-connection-solved.png

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Jan 27, 2020
  3. CalBear37 Win User
    Internet and Network by Ethernet lost

I'm on build 10122. After an hour or so of operation I lose all network access by Ethernet using the built-in Broadcom NetLink Gigabit adapter. If I plug in a USB WiFi adapter all network and internet access is okay. Reboot and the Ethernet access works again. I believe this may have been happening on earlier builds less often but I didn't use them on a regular basis as I am now trying to do with this build. The device manager says the Ethernet is working properly but the Ethernet Status clearly says there is a problem, see the picture below. The driver update says it is installed and is the latest version. Meanwhile the system appears to be trying to make the Ethernet connection as DU Meter is indicating a constant 123 kbps upload that it doesn't normally do. I'm sure its the Ethernet adapter because if I "disable" the adapter then the 123 kbps stops. However the disabling never finishes and the driver/adapter won't uninstall.

Lost Internet Connection - Ethernet Adapter Problem [​IMG]

CalBear37, Jan 27, 2020
  4. Bas71 Win User

Internet connection suddenly gets lost (no adapter problems reported)

I have also checked the drivers for the onboard BroadCom NetLink ethernet adapter. Windows update says I have the latest drivers (from 2013!). Are these the same drivers as under Windows 7?

As you can see in the image below, the IPv4 connection is lost (also the IPv6, but I have never a connection via that protocol).

I downloaded the latest drivers from BroadCom (win_b57_x64-17.0.0.3), but they won't install. That is:

- if I rightclick the inf file and choose install, i get the message: completed - yet, there is no new driver version number in the device manager
    - if i choose to update the driver from the device manager, i get the message 'the best driver is already installed' and it does not update the driver

Can anyone please help? Please?

Bas71, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Lost Internet Connection - Ethernet Adapter Problem - Similar Threads - Lost Internet Connection

2. ASIX AX88179 USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter The connection is lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASIX AX88179 USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter The connection is lost: I have a multi port type C brand Ugreen, when I connect to my laptop asus vivobook pro 15 oled connects the internet rj45 but then it goes away and returns to coenctarse. I always have that problem and that’s why I need to connect by wifi...
  3. ASIX AX88179 USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter The connection is lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASIX AX88179 USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter The connection is lost: I have a multi port type C brand Ugreen, when I connect to my laptop asus vivobook pro 15 oled connects the internet rj45 but then it goes away and returns to coenctarse. I always have that problem and that’s why I need to connect by wifi...
  4. Ethernet adapter connection shows "no internet"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet adapter connection shows "no internet": I've been using Wi fi for my internet connection with no problem. However, after not using the ethernet connection for a long time, I just tried to use the ethernet connection and it indicates "no internet." I would like to be able to switch the connection to the wired...
  5. Problem with network adapters can't connect to internet even via ethernet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with network adapters can't connect to internet even via ethernet: I have a Asus vivobook. it came with win8 now has win10 touchpad, usbports and network adapters are disabled so I'm having trouble doing much to fix this issue...
  6. ethernet connections lost

ethernet connections lost: hello, i have been having this problem lately where my ethernet connections dissapears, and my laptop (asus X751LN) switches to a wireless connections. this is happening quite regularally the past weeks. i dont understand what is making my laptop do this, or is it perhaps...
  7. Problem Connecting To Internet Via Ethernet

Problem Connecting To Internet Via Ethernet: Hello all, I've seen many forums with the same issues, but to no avail I still am experiencing the same problems. I was given my desktop about a week ago by my uncle, and I wiped it cleaned and installed Windows 10 Pro. I go to connect the Ethernet cable and it says...
  8. Internet connection via ethernet problems

Internet connection via ethernet problems: I hope I'm putting this in the right place. We have two desktop pcs both running W10. Husbands PC was off for a while then wouldn't connect to the internet. Now mine has had to be switched off for a couple of months and we're having the same problem with this one too. Neither...
  9. Internet connection suddenly gets lost (no adapter problems reported)

Internet connection suddenly gets lost (no adapter problems reported): Hi everyone, Yesterday I updated from Win7 to Win10. I'm connected to the internet via a LAN cable (the PC has no Wifi). Since the update, my internet connection gets lost after a random amount of time. I have to reboot to regain internet connection. When the connection...
  10. Internet and Network by Ethernet lost

Internet and Network by Ethernet lost: I'm on build 10122. After an hour or so of operation I lose all network access by Ethernet using the built-in Broadcom NetLink Gigabit adapter. If I plug in a USB WiFi adapter all network and internet access is okay. Reboot and the Ethernet access works again. I believe this...