Windows 10: Lost Internet connection when upgrading to Windows 10

Discus and support Lost Internet connection when upgrading to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 I lost Internet connection. On the installation DVD for the motherboard asus z170 pro gaming it says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ptolemy, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Ptolemy Win User

Lost Internet connection when upgrading to Windows 10

When upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 I lost Internet connection.

On the installation DVD for the motherboard asus z170 pro gaming it says "Windows 10 Ready", so the network drivers should work I think. Just to be sure, I did download the latest drivers from here:
    https://www.asus.com/se/Motherboards...Desk_Download/

But it doesn't seem to make a difference, since I'm gettings this message when trying to run the installation:
    Should I remove the existing version and install again?

I have also tried "Method # 1: Resetting Winsock and TCP/IP" described on this page:
    http://appuals.com/best-fix-losing-i...ng-windows-10/

It didn't make any difference. Then they suggest:
    "Method # 2: Updating Network Adapter Drivers", but this is basically what I've already have done, but I didn't go through the Device Manager and if I would have I wouldn't know which dll (or whatever file) to look for. Instead I did download the latest drivers, run the installation file (AsusSetup) and got the message:
    Actually if I use D-link Wifi Adapter it does connect to my router and I can get internet connection that way, but not when going through the "LAN (RJ-45) port" on "ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING".

So when using Windows 7 I was able to connect through:
    "LAN (RJ-45) port" on "ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING"
    D-link Wifi Adapter

After upgrading to Windows 10, I can only use:
    D-link Wifi Adapter.

So why do Microsoft release an upgrade that messes up my internet connection? Any suggestions on how to correct this?

:)

Ptolemy, Jun 5, 2016

2. Will upgrade continue from where it stopped if internet connection is lost or is there a way to contine upgrade from where it stopped?

Hi Siddharth,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Please be informed that if internet connection is lost when upgrading Windows, it will start from the beginning once the connection is back, so there is no way to continue from where it stopped. I recommend you to upgrade to Windows 10 with a
    stable internet connection.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jun 5, 2016
  3. GaryHiday Win User
    No internet connectio after upgrading to Windows 10

My wife's computer had Windows 7. After upgrading to Windows 10, she lost her internet connection. She went back to Windows 7 and the internet connection is back. What do we need to do to get her internet connection with Windows 10?

Gary

GaryHiday, Jun 5, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Uninstall the Network device and drivers, reboot and then reinstall the latest drivers from Asus website for the onboard adapter.

bro67, Jun 5, 2016
Thema:

1. Lost Internet connection when upgrading to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Lost Internet connection

2. internet connection lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internet connection lost: hi allMy internet is disconnected every few minutes for an unknown reason and it shows limited access, no matter what I did, it doesn't work, I even changed the wireless chip, it didn't work, can anyone help me, what should I do?...
  3. internet connection lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    internet connection lost: hi allMy internet is disconnected every few minutes for an unknown reason and it shows limited access, no matter what I did, it doesn't work, I even changed the wireless chip, it didn't work, can anyone help me, what should I do?...
  4. Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot (Lost internet connection when Iphone is connected)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot (Lost internet connection when Iphone is connected): At work, I used to share my laptop ethernet connection to my iphone through mobile hotspot. It used to work fine until today. When my iphone is connected to the laptop, my laptop internet connection was lost (no connection to outlook server, chrome browser etc..). However,...
  5. Internet driver fails when internet connection is lost.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internet driver fails when internet connection is lost.: I live in an area where our internet suddenly disconnects when multiple devices are using it simultaneously. As of mid-january Ive had problems with my “Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11ac PCIe” network adapter not connecting to the internet. When I go to device manager, I find the...
  6. lost internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    lost internet connection: I stupidly agree to Microsoft to sync my computers...… since then, my laptop is ok but somehow, my other computer, which is directy plugged to the internet does not have access to the internet...my desktop picture got transferred to my other computer?????? now I cannot...
  7. Lost internet connectivity

Lost internet connectivity: Sudenly my Surface Pro 4 Windows 10 version 1803 lost internet connectivity. I got a strong WiFi signal but no Internet . Wi-Fi and internet are working properly with another devices. Running the troubleshooter I got a message: " security or firewall settings might be...
  8. Internet connection lost

Internet connection lost: On Friday, there was an update by Windows 10 and immediately afterwards I lost my internet connection. I contacted the chat help and the lady there had me try a couple of things which did not help including reversing the update. i contacted my service provider and they could...
  9. Windows 10 Freezes when internet connection is lost or slow.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Freezes when internet connection is lost or slow.: I've been dealing with this issue for a while now, and as you can imagine Microsoft support forums only provide stupid answers or extremely rudimentary steps by people/moderators that don't know how a computer works. The issue im having is that my OS freezes with the...
  10. Internet Connection Lost after Upgrade to 10

Internet Connection Lost after Upgrade to 10: I did the upgrade from W-8.1 to 10 in November and have had several problems since. The most pernicious problem is the loss of my Internet Connection. I had my ISP service dude have a go; but no joy. He concluded it is a software problem. Everything is properly connected and...