Windows 10: Lost Internet Connection with October 2020 Update

Discus and support Lost Internet Connection with October 2020 Update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I know this will sound silly but I have to post my experience with the latest update of Windows 10. First here are some specs on the machine I'm using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GregSemple, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Lost Internet Connection with October 2020 Update

I know this will sound silly but I have to post my experience with the latest update of Windows 10. First here are some specs on the machine I'm using and how it is connected to the internet. If there is more you need let me know.

- PC: Alienware Area-51 R5

- Internet Connection: Hard line to the router, Router-Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi RouterR9000

- Network Adaptor: Killer E2500 Gigabit Ethernet Controller came with the PC

This is the first time I've experienced any issues with an update to Windows 10.

I installed the update last night, No issues noted during the update. After the system rebooted for the final time back to the desktop, I lost internet connection. The router looked like it was resetting itself and when it was done, it would reset again and again. I shut the PC down and started again this morning. Same issues started again.

I reverted back to the previous version V 2004 and the issues went away.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks Greg.

:)

GregSemple, Oct 21, 2020
  2. rob1618 Win User

Lost internet connection after upgrading to Windows 10.

after downloading windows 10, i had no internet wifi connections. tried almost everything from community.

I downloaded talent driver network software to an

external drive using another computer and then ran the set up on non internet computer. Wifi networks reappeared and I was able to get on the internet and download some apps but connects lost by the next day when turned on computer, Again unable to get
    on internet and network adapters not listed. Talent driver software no longer effective.

tried INFO GROUND(/) STEP 1. NO CHANGED...no connections listed.

thanks fo trying to help. Any other suggestions

rob1618, Oct 21, 2020
  3. ARM9 Win User
    Completely lost internet connection

So I randomly lost all internet connection on my desktop PC through Ethernet and WiFi. All other devices work on the network except for the PC. I have tried all steps I’ve found through google to fix it but it hasn’t worked. I honestly have no clue what to do.

PC SPECS:
    Intel i5 6500
    Gtx 1060
    Msi b150m gaming pro mobo

4. Lost Internet Connection with October 2020 Update

Windows 10 October 2020 update

Hi Clayton,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 3 year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

October 2020 update is in the last phase of testing as it was released last month to the Release preview channel. As far as the name goes, it should release this month.

https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2020/...

Keep checking Home and the top of this forum for announcements.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

Lost Internet Connection with October 2020 Update

1. Lost Internet Connection with October 2020 Update - Similar Threads - Lost Internet Connection

2. internet connection lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internet connection lost: hi allMy internet is disconnected every few minutes for an unknown reason and it shows limited access, no matter what I did, it doesn't work, I even changed the wireless chip, it didn't work, can anyone help me, what should I do?...
  3. Windows Update October 2020

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update October 2020: After I downloaded the update , I restarted my laptop and when I went to settings again it shows that attention needed and after going to update and security it just shows please wait and shows nothing The screen shot of the following is provided below :-[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  4. Trouble with October 2020 Update

Trouble with October 2020 Update: I am having trouble installing this windows update. I don't think my problems match any other thread I've found, but its possible I've missed something. Current Version: Windows 10 Home - Version 2004, Build 19041.508 - x64 Trying to install October 2020 Build - KB4579311...
  5. Lost Ethernet Connection with Windows October 2020 Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Ethernet Connection with Windows October 2020 Update: I just installed the October Update and the Ethernet connect is lost. Basically when I go to open the browser, I lose connection, actually the router (Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router) just reboots over and over. At the same time, when the browser is open and I get...
  6. Windows October 2020 Update

Windows October 2020 Update: Running this updated deleted files on my D drive. How can I get them back!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-october-2020-update/08ad7556-4456-4735-9c13-ae31942e24fd
  7. Cumulative updates - October 2020

Cumulative updates - October 2020: This is a summary of the cumulative updates released on October 13th for all the supported consumer releases of Windows 10. Windows 10 version 2004 - KB4579311 Build 19041.572 Windows 10 versions 1903 and 1909 - KB4574727, Build 18362.1139 and 18363.1139 Windows 10 versions...
  8. lost internet connection

lost internet connection: I stupidly agree to Microsoft to sync my computers...… since then, my laptop is ok but somehow, my other computer, which is directy plugged to the internet does not have access to the internet...my desktop picture got transferred to my other computer?????? now I cannot...
  9. Lost internet connectivity

Lost internet connectivity: Sudenly my Surface Pro 4 Windows 10 version 1803 lost internet connectivity. I got a strong WiFi signal but no Internet . Wi-Fi and internet are working properly with another devices. Running the troubleshooter I got a message: " security or firewall settings might be...
  10. Internet connection lost

Internet connection lost: On Friday, there was an update by Windows 10 and immediately afterwards I lost my internet connection. I contacted the chat help and the lady there had me try a couple of things which did not help including reversing the update. i contacted my service provider and they could...