Windows 10: LOST LAPTOP how to trace and lock it

Discus and support LOST LAPTOP how to trace and lock it in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I lost my laptop yesterday. My account shows me that the "find my device" feature is off. I also tried to lock the laptop but it prompted microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JackZhang123, Mar 27, 2019.

1. LOST LAPTOP how to trace and lock it

I lost my laptop yesterday. My account shows me that the "find my device" feature is off. I also tried to lock the laptop but it prompted microsoft can't lock my laptop right now and will notify me as soon as they lock it, etc.

My questions are, why it can't be locked? Is it because it's offline? How can I trace my laptop?

(i think my laptop was at sleep mode when i lost it and it does need a password to log in, but no log in for sleep mode i think...)

Thanks!

:)

JackZhang123, Mar 27, 2019

2. Trace a Lost Windows Phone.

We don't work for Microsoft.

We are mainly volunteers here.

Due to privacy restrictions we have no access to your private details to be able to assist you here.

See if this assists you.

https://account.microsoft.com/devices

Find My Phone or Device

Lost your phone or think someone stole it? Left your device somewhere? See your phone or device on a map, or ring, lock and erase your phone.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Find and lock a lost Windows device

If your desktop, laptop, tablet, or Surface is lost or stolen, use Find my device to locate and lock it remotely.

To find the lost device, it must be running Windows 10 and be signed in to your Microsoft account. You can also use Find my phone to find, locate, lock, and even erase your Windows Phone.

Notes

• You must be signed in to the lost device with a Microsoft account for which you're the administrator. If you're using a work or school account, Find my device won't work.
    • To send its location, your device must be connected to the Internet, have enough battery power, and use GPS.

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Mar 27, 2019
  3. how trace a theft mobile on the basis on IMEI NO.

Follow this step

• First submit your FIR if your mobile lost or stolen
    • Then submit your FIR to your service provider
    • Then ask your service provider to trace your number
    • If your mobile is switched on and it has different Simcard then it will trace easily
    • If your simcard is not activated then also your mobile can trace
    • You can ask your service provider to Block your IMEI number
    • Service provider use a shared hosting service for blocking IMEI numbers
    • Witch mean if your mobile have different sim then also Your mobile not work
    • your service provider get that sim number which is used for you IMEI Number
    Point to Remember :

• when ever you purchased new mobile then take your IMEI number and note it
    • if your mobile lost or stolen then call to your service provider and block your number
    • then go to your nearest police station and give written complete that is FIR
    • and take one copy for you
    • then submit this copy to your service provider

isurfer---01, Mar 27, 2019
  4. LOST LAPTOP how to trace and lock it

Traces

Trace malware is a detection which typically indicates harmless pieces of leftovers also known
    as remnants (registry keys, file fragments, folders) generally found after cleaning a previous malware infection. Traces are typically useless and not dangerous since the primary malicious file(s) has been removed. A
    Malware.Trace detection is just another name used by Malwarebytes, SUPERAntiSpyware and other security vendors for trace malware.

Performing the scans suggested by
    José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO should remove most of them.

quietman7 - MVP, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

LOST LAPTOP how to trace and lock it

1. LOST LAPTOP how to trace and lock it - Similar Threads - LOST LAPTOP trace

2. How to trace execution of a program

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to trace execution of a program: I'm troubleshooting an issue with a shortcut, which doesn't actually execute the program that it points to. What I mean is that I think the name of any shortcut is simply the name of the shortcut and not necessarily the name of the executable. Please see my question "How to...
  3. How to trace execution of a program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to trace execution of a program: I'm troubleshooting an issue with a shortcut, which doesn't actually execute the program that it points to. What I mean is that I think the name of any shortcut is simply the name of the shortcut and not necessarily the name of the executable. Please see my question "How to...
  4. How to trace execution of a program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unlock locked microsoft laptop lost and found again

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unlock locked microsoft laptop lost and found again: I locked my microsoft laptop remotely after forgetting it in public transport with locked screen message. Fortunately, it got found and sent back to me. How can I unlock my device now?Thanks in advance for the help!...
  6. Laptop lock screen has lost the credentials how to fix this?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop lock screen has lost the credentials how to fix this?: Can anybody help me to solve this issue[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-lock-screen-has-lost-the-credentials-how-to/9f8608bd-c9ca-4c08-af0b-86fadc7c196c
  7. How to trace WebNavigatorBrowser malware installation

How to trace WebNavigatorBrowser malware installation: Recently I had to remove WebNavigatorBrowser malware. I used Malwarebytes MS Safety Scanner quick scan did not remove it to remove it. However, I wonder how it got installed in the first place when user did not even have rights to install software on their own. User has a...
  8. LAPTOP FREEZE WITHOUT TRACE IN EVENT VIEWER.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    LAPTOP FREEZE WITHOUT TRACE IN EVENT VIEWER.: Hi there, My laptop freezes a lot during browsing, opening folders, and more during gaming. The freeze occurs mostly when a "ping" from League in game or when the game announcer says something like when somebody get's first blood or objectives. On other...
  9. lost laptop how to track

lost laptop how to track: how i can track the laptop when it will lost https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-laptop-how-to-track/d6b5627c-567a-4d8a-b657-03b60c6e5654"
  10. How to disable Event Trace Sessions

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable Event Trace Sessions: Hi How can I disable event trace sessions like ScreenOnPowerStudyTraceSession - so it does not start after a reboot? In performance monitor I can see properties - but the Enabled option is not available. [ATTACH]...