Windows 10: Lost library during file transfere

Discus and support Lost library during file transfere in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I did a transfer from old computer to new computer. Cannot see documents, photos, videos, etc. I found them but have to open manually because it is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Einstine saved, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Lost library during file transfere

I did a transfer from old computer to new computer. Cannot see documents, photos, videos, etc. I found them but have to open manually because it is not under my user name even though I'm the adm. I only see the default user and myself. How do I get them to open when I sign into my computer?

:)

Einstine saved, Jan 23, 2021
  2. Steevo Win User

Cable to transfer files

OMG. I have never met anyone who actually bought one of those file transfer things.

Firewire will do the same as USB, but faster, so will a cheap crossover cable. I can wlak you through the steps of moving data so you will not miss a beat.

Anything more than $10 to buy a cable is too much.

Steevo, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Duplicate Music Library Sign Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

Can you check if both the folders contain all the music that you need?

Where the original files are saved so that we can troubleshoot this issue further?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to resolve the issue.

Method: Restore default Libraries

I would suggest you try the restore library option and check if it helps. Please back up all the files in the library before trying this, just to make sure you don’t lose any files. Refer these steps:

• Open Windows explorer
    • In the left panel, locate Library and right click on it
    • Click “restore default libraries” option
    • Check if the issue persists.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

SuvarnaG1709, Jan 23, 2021
  4. rss81 Win User

Lost library during file transfere

transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

Lost library during file transfere

1. Lost library during file transfere - Similar Threads - Lost library during

2. file somehow became 118,618% bigger during file transfer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    file somehow became 118,618% bigger during file transfer: [ATTACH] The video mp4 file was transfered from my Google Pixel 6 to my PC drive via USB and somehow went from 54.7MB to 63.5GB. I had to restart my PC 5 times trying to delete the file. on mobile on PC submitted by /u/FungusChungus69 [link] [comments]...
  3. Lost data during transfer from phone to pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost data during transfer from phone to pc: Good day. I tried transferring my albums from my android samsung s22 ultra to windows 11 via usb. I cut the folders and pasted and somehow it did not transfer but now the images folders/albums are not on my phone or on my computer. Please advise how I can go about recovering...
  4. Lost data during transfer from phone to pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost data during transfer from phone to pc: Good day. I tried transferring my albums from my android samsung s22 ultra to windows 11 via usb. I cut the folders and pasted and somehow it did not transfer but now the images folders/albums are not on my phone or on my computer. Please advise how I can go about recovering...
  5. lost audio files during transfer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    lost audio files during transfer: I used an usb cable to transfer audio files from my galaxy A20 to my W10 laptop. The transfer seemed to go well, and eventually stopped. Now those files are gone from my cell but NO WHERE on the laptop. I have used File explorer, recycle bin, device manager, searches by...
  6. Recovering lost video during transfer from iPad

Recovering lost video during transfer from iPad: Hello! I tried to transfer a video from my work iPad to my personal computer. After connecting the iPad to my computer, I first tried to click and drag the file from the iPad's file folder onto my laptop's desktop but was unsuccessful. I next cut and pasted the file, and...
  7. Lost files during cut and paste

Lost files during cut and paste: Hi there So I was cutting and pasting several large folders from my laptop to hard drive when my laptop suddenly turned off. When I turned it back on again, I could see that the files were gone from the one disk E:, and I could also see that my C: folder had exactly that...
  8. lost folder during transfer from android phone

lost folder during transfer from android phone: I had a folder of photos that i had on my galaxy s10, i went to move them onto my laptop via a usb cable and the transfer never happened, the folder trnsferred but it is empty and the folder is no longer on my phone, any ideas on how to recover this folder...
  9. tried transferring the libraries

in Windows 10 Support
    tried transferring the libraries: Hi, I need some help, on a related topic. I got a HP Pavilion with a 128GB SSD and a 1TB HD. Long story short, I tried to put my files on the HDD while keeping the programs on the SSD. tried transferring the libraries to the HDD (D drive) but made a complete hash of it....
  10. Documents Library - Lost Contents

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents Library - Lost Contents: Hi all. First time over in the 10 Forums, but an old time member of the 7 Forum *chuckle I'm trying to work out a concern today, that's frankly driving me nuts. I installed the latest Creators Update a couple of days ago, and noticed this today, so I'm assuming its...