Windows 10: Lost license during Windows reinstall

Discus and support Lost license during Windows reinstall in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello dear support, My Windows 10 got laggy so I reset it (keeping personal settings), but it remained same as laggy. The C: partition was 140 GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Marius_B, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Marius_B Win User

Lost license during Windows reinstall

Hello dear support,

My Windows 10 got laggy so I reset it (keeping personal settings), but it remained same as laggy. The C: partition was 140 GB full after.

So I copied the license key and tried to make a fresh install. Because the official windows files were downloading sooo slow from the official servers, I got myself a copy from torrents in an instant and installed it. Machine got quick as new, but now it didn't want to take the license code. The old was AAOEM, and the new something better.

So I tried to restore it again, from the recovery partition still untouched, took hell of a time, it got me a version that was neither the original, nor the new one, and all the same didn't want to hear nothing about the license.

The Windows was bought together with the laptop, never registered with the account, not sure if that was possible either.

Somewhere I read that license is tied to the motherboard, so how do I revive it?

Or did I lose it forever, Microsoft?

:)

Marius_B, Dec 18, 2018

2. Lost my Windows 10 License Key when reinstalling virtual machine.

Hello,

Lost my Windows 10 License Key when reinstalling virtual machine.

Is there anything in your system that will give me my license key back?

GregSchimmel, Dec 18, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Lost license during Windows reinstall :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 18, 2018
  4. Lost license during Windows reinstall

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

Lost license during Windows reinstall

1. Lost license during Windows reinstall - Similar Threads - Lost license during

2. Window license key lost and can't reinstall

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Window license key lost and can't reinstall: Dear Support Team,last 3 or 4 years ago, i brought window 10 home license key from local reseller. So i installed window 10 home with CD and activated window. After that Microsoft offered to upgrade window 11 in my PC. Now my PC was running with window 11 home but when i...
  3. Window license key lost and can't reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window license key lost and can't reinstall: Dear Support Team,last 3 or 4 years ago, i brought window 10 home license key from local reseller. So i installed window 10 home with CD and activated window. After that Microsoft offered to upgrade window 11 in my PC. Now my PC was running with window 11 home but when i...
  4. Window license key lost and can't reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. License lost.

License lost.: Hello, I've made a previous question where I was asking about how I could recover My Windows 10 installation and the best independent helper on Earth, Dave answered my question.I've now formatted my Windows 10 boot drive and I've installed Windows again.The problem is, I...
  6. License lost.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    License lost.: Hello, I've made a previous question where I was asking about how I could recover My Windows 10 installation and the best independent helper on Earth, Dave answered my question.I've now formatted my Windows 10 boot drive and I've installed Windows again.The problem is, I...
  7. License lost.

8. If I reinstall windows 10 will I lost my digital license of windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I reinstall windows 10 will I lost my digital license of windows: I bought a laptop in 2021 with pre installed windows 10 and it's a oem license.I upgraded it to windows 11 and it's slow. I took my laptop to a computer shop and reinstalled windows 10 product id is changed, oem version became to retail version. I type this command in cmd -...
  9. If I reinstall windows 10 will I lost my digital license of windows

If I reinstall windows 10 will I lost my digital license of windows: I bought a laptop in 2021 with pre installed windows 10 and it's a oem license.I upgraded it to windows 11 and it's slow. I took my laptop to a computer shop and reinstalled windows 10 product id is changed, oem version became to retail version. I type this command in cmd -...
  10. If I reinstall windows 10 will I lost my digital license of windows