Windows 10: Lost local password on Tablet

Discus and support Lost local password on Tablet in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I've searched to no avail. My problem is I have a Linx Win10 Tablet and have forgotten the local password, not the Microsoft account one. I have... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Olgiffer, May 1, 2016.

1. Olgiffer Win User

Lost local password on Tablet

Hi, I've searched to no avail.
    My problem is I have a Linx Win10 Tablet and have forgotten the local password, not the Microsoft account one.
    I have setup no data other than a Gmail address and I do not care if this is erased. The tablet came with Win 10 preloaded and I have no copy of the software. I'm not sure whether it has been connected to my local internet hub for internet connection. There is no physical keyboard connected to it. I did not create a password re-set file on a flash drive. I have tried using the Power, Volume and Windows Home buttons in various orders with no result, of course there might orders I've not tried. I have tried to file a request with the Windows Help people but not been able to successfully post to them.
    I am desperate, any help would be very welcome.*Sad

:)

Olgiffer, May 1, 2016
  2. Hally2LX Win User

Trying to connect : Galaxie Tab 4 to Windows 10

Lost Internet connection on Tablet , Galaxie Tab 4 , WiFi is present and strong to allow access it demands a password.

Tablet is reset to factory firmware , but it still needs a password.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

Hally2LX, May 1, 2016
  3. Ama Yoki Win User
    Administrator lost/deleated

I had lost my admin password and in looking for it I accidentally deleted the whole account. The tablet wont let me do anything without that accounts password. I have changed the password on another device. But the tablet says I have to be online to change
    it. It won't go online without the password. New tablet, only used for 3 weeks. Sent it in for maintenance twice for other reasons. It hasn't gone on line since. It is a dopo.

Help.

Ama Yoki, May 1, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello,

Can you login to your tablet using your Microsoft account or are you currently unable to login in any way?

philc43, May 2, 2016
  5. Olgiffer Win User
    No I can't login at all, my username comes up on the screen and asks for my password, that's it!
    Do you think the problem can be resolved?

Olgiffer, May 2, 2016
  6. If it works the same as the 8" version, it's Power + Volume up that gets into the boot menu (when its switched off, keep both pressed until menu comes up, takes 5 to 10 seconds)

I didn't notice anything there about a reset, but didnt want to try the options and set mine back to default by mistake

paulsalter, May 2, 2016
  7. Olgiffer Win User
    Thanks for your help.
    I did try this but it just went to the login page as before. Any other ideas Paul?

Olgiffer, May 2, 2016
  8. Lost local password on Tablet

Hi,

If the ms account is an administrator, use that account to remove the password of the local account.

Lottiemansion, May 2, 2016
  9. Kyhi Win User
    Windows has a Fail-Safe Recovery
    Three failed attempts at booting windows, cause the recovery to boot..

The issue is yours is a tablet, non-removable battery..

But away, power on your tablet, as soon as you see the logo,
    hold the power off button to force a shut down
    do this three times in a row
    the next boot should cause the recovery..

It way easier if you could remove the battery, and then pull the power cord to force the shut down..
    Not an option usually with a tablet

Kyhi, May 2, 2016
  10. Olgiffer Win User
    Hi Kyhi

Well it certainly did get to the recovery page, thank you.

At the top of the screen it says 'Automatic Repair' and then 'Your PC did not start properly'.
    Under that it says 'Press 'Restart' to restart your PC which can sometimes fix the problem. You can also press 'Advanced options' to try other options to repair your PC.'

Now we seem to have a different problem, the 2 buttons are shown on the screen, 'Restart' and 'Advanced options' but neither of them respond when I press them!

Do you think this is a machine problem rather than a software one?

Olgiffer, May 2, 2016
  11. Kyhi Win User
    connect a usb mouse
    because you have no touch input

12. Olgiffer Win User
    Yup
    Actually I did connect a USB keyboard and it worked OK.
    Thanks Kyhi and to everyone who contributed to this Thread.
    Cheers

Olgiffer, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Lost local password on Tablet - Similar Threads - Lost local password

2. Local Device Lost Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Device Lost Password: Hi - we have lost a device password and the hint is not helping us. The device shows in my device manager. Is there anyway to access the device it has key software on it...
  3. Local Device Lost Password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Local Device Lost Password: Hi - we have lost a device password and the hint is not helping us. The device shows in my device manager. Is there anyway to access the device it has key software on it...
  4. Local Device Lost Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. local account password forgotten and password recovery drive lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    local account password forgotten and password recovery drive lost: I am using Windows 10 build 19044 and I had set up a local account in late 2020 with a windows hello PIN number and also a password 2 methods. I remember the pin code so can still access the computer. today I tried to change to a Microsoft account only to realize that i don't...
  6. local account password forgotten and password recovery drive lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    local account password forgotten and password recovery drive lost: I am using Windows 10 build 19044 and I had set up a local account in late 2020 with a windows hello PIN number and also a password 2 methods. I remember the pin code so can still access the computer. today I tried to change to a Microsoft account only to realize that i don't...
  7. Local account, lost password, possibly BitLocker

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Local account, lost password, possibly BitLocker: My mother-in-law has been using a local account and does not know her password, or the answer to her security questions. She has been using Windows Hello, but the camera stopped working - the only login option that is available is via password - the other options are blocked...
  8. Tablet forgotten local password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Tablet forgotten local password: Forgot local password on Linux 110 tablet, tried the net but all Answers are for pc.help!!!! Please 125646
  9. Windows Local Account lost password

Windows Local Account lost password: I'm sure this gets asked a lot, but I can't find exactly what I'm looking for. A few months ago, my mom bought a laptop from Dell. She set it up with 2 local accounts, with her as the only admin account, and now she's forgotten the password. All the information I've...
  10. Lost password (local account)

Lost password (local account): Hello - I have been using a local (non-microsoft) account to sign in to my laptop. I set a four digit pin a few months ago because it's easier to remember and use - however - I have forgotten my actual password. *Sad A month or so ago, I attempted to use the 'netplwiz'...