Windows 10: "Lost Location"

Discus and support "Lost Location" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I had previously deleted a file containing a few other files with images and videos, after needing some of the images, I had to re-obtain them (had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BubbleKing, May 4, 2020.

1. "Lost Location"

I had previously deleted a file containing a few other files with images and videos, after needing some of the images, I had to re-obtain them (had emptied my recycle bin, and used software to get them back) most of the images are corrupt (are recognized as JPEG but can't be displayed, says file is a unknown format) and the main folder is titled "Lost Location". Is there a way to fix the folder and the images and videos?

BubbleKing, May 4, 2020
  2. itskd Win User

How to locate a lost or stolen phone

I am in Ireland so the
    Find My Phone. ability to locate your phone on a map isn't available in the following countries/regions: Argentina, China, India, Korea, Peru, and Turkey.
    does not apply.
    In this thread there is only a request from someone in Laos whose phone cannot be located: Laos is not one of the countries listed above so there is, so far, no answer to it's not being located unless it is, as suggested, that the SIM has been removed.
    If removing the SIM also removes the ability to locate the phone then this feature is fairly useless!
    HOWEVER
    I have no answer in any of the suggested posts to my
    Problem: My Phone Windows site can locate my phone but not RING it.
    What I have tried:

• I have set up my account exactly as requested in http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/how-to/wp8/basics/find-a-lost-phone: i.e. Correct number, able to
      accept Short Code messages,
    • The feature is listed as available in Ireland
    • And I ticked: I authorize Microsoft to send text messages to this number for Find My Phone and Windows Phone Store notifications. I understand that messaging fees may apply.

Now where do I go?

itskd, May 4, 2020
  3. Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 4, 2020
  4. Karen Her Win User

"Lost Location"

Location setting

Hi,

This issue could occur due to incorrect location settings or it would depend on your IP address. We suggest you to check the location settings of your PC, and check if it helps. Here are the steps:

• Click the Start button, and select Settings.
    • Go to Privacy, and choose Location.
    • Make sure that the Location service is On.

If issue persists, then it has something to do with your IP address. It’s because the location detected depends on the location set on your IP address.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, May 4, 2020
Thema:

"Lost Location"

1. "Lost Location" - Similar Threads - Lost Location

2. Library Folder Lost the Location Option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Library Folder Lost the Location Option: My Pictures system folder suddenly lost the ability to be redirected. The Location or Move option is missing:How can I get back the option? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/library-folder-lost-the-location-option/0dc5dc62-23e5-4f66-b9fc-bb0c211721df
  3. Library Folder Lost the Location Option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Library Folder Lost the Location Option: My Pictures system folder suddenly lost the ability to be redirected. The Location or Move option is missing:How can I get back the option? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/library-folder-lost-the-location-option/0dc5dc62-23e5-4f66-b9fc-bb0c211721df
  4. can anyone help me find my iPhone - I lost it and need help locating it

can anyone help me find my iPhone - I lost it and need help locating it: I have lost my Iphone and need help locating it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-anyone-help-me-find-my-iphone-i-lost-it-and/5d365c6e-40e2-4189-b205-b403eafef468
  5. can anyone help me find my iPhone - I lost it and need help locating it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can anyone help me find my iPhone - I lost it and need help locating it: I have lost my Iphone and need help locating it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-anyone-help-me-find-my-iphone-i-lost-it-and/5d365c6e-40e2-4189-b205-b403eafef468
  6. can anyone help me find my iPhone - I lost it and need help locating it

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Win 11 - lost download files when moving drive location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 - lost download files when moving drive location: Win 11, I moved my download file location from C:\Users\Trader Account\Downloads to D:\Download without saving files when moving them. When I transferred the download location to D drive, I did not click on "Yes" move the current files in the downloads. As results, I lost the...
  8. Win 11 - lost download files when moving drive location

Win 11 - lost download files when moving drive location: Win 11, I moved my download file location from C:\Users\Trader Account\Downloads to D:\Download without saving files when moving them. When I transferred the download location to D drive, I did not click on "Yes" move the current files in the downloads. As results, I lost the...
  9. How do I find my lost device if it does not have a phone number and its Location service is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find my lost device if it does not have a phone number and its Location service is...: A random person just took my device and ran away when i just told him to return it, but I did not have a phone number and I forgot to enable location service so when I was searching for so long I did not find any way to find it but also find my device is not searching my...
  10. How do I find my lost device if it does not have a phone number and its Location service is...

How do I find my lost device if it does not have a phone number and its Location service is...: A random person just took my device and ran away when i just told him to return it, but I did not have a phone number and I forgot to enable location service so when I was searching for so long I did not find any way to find it but also find my device is not searching my...