Windows 10: Lost Logical Partition after Windows 1909 Update

Discus and support Lost Logical Partition after Windows 1909 Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I upgrade to 1909 but after upgrade I lost 2 logical drives. both partition now shown as combined free space. How can I restore those partition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Niravpatel7, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Lost Logical Partition after Windows 1909 Update

I upgrade to 1909 but after upgrade I lost 2 logical drives.

both partition now shown as combined free space.

How can I restore those partition without losing data?

where can I find the cause/logs of the issue after upgrade process?

screenshot after upgrade

Lost Logical Partition after Windows 1909 Update 748f17bd-20bb-41fd-ab24-a46f6813eede?upload=true.png

Lost Logical Partition after Windows 1909 Update b688009d-114b-4ecb-b8ab-a96f4a107238?upload=true.png

Lost Logical Partition after Windows 1909 Update c4cd6ae6-3614-4a47-b73d-28ac56f330d9?upload=true.png

:)

Niravpatel7, Nov 20, 2019

2. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

Lost Logical Partition after Windows 1909 Update partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Nov 20, 2019
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Nov 20, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Lost Logical Partition after Windows 1909 Update

Windows 10 update 1909

Hi Sarthak

No you do not need to update to 1809 - 1903 if you are currently on version 1803, then version 1909 will appear in the list of updates and will automatically be installed on your PC since 1803 has run out of support

You do not need to do anything, 1909 is currently spreading around the world, just give it time to appear in the list of pending updates . . .

DaveM121, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

Lost Logical Partition after Windows 1909 Update

1. Lost Logical Partition after Windows 1909 Update - Similar Threads - Lost Logical Partition

2. Installing windows on a logical partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing windows on a logical partition: Hello Microsoft community,I recently wanted to dualboot Windows Vista and Linux on my old Linux computer. When I got the ISO file and flashed it to a USB drive, went through a regular Windows Vista installation process all the drives were detected by setup and opted to...
  3. Installing windows on a logical partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing windows on a logical partition: Hello Microsoft community,I recently wanted to dualboot Windows Vista and Linux on my old Linux computer. When I got the ISO file and flashed it to a USB drive, went through a regular Windows Vista installation process all the drives were detected by setup and opting to...
  4. Recover Deleted Logical Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover Deleted Logical Partition: After installing the SSD hard drive in my laptop and installing new Windows 10 21h1 version in it, I added the empty space in the HDD, which was unallocated, to one of the partitions in HDD, and HDD became a dynamic diskto convert dynamic to basic, I shrink the partition that...
  5. Recover Deleted Logical Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recover Deleted Logical Partition: After installing the SSD hard drive in my laptop and installing new Windows 10 21h1 version in it, I added the empty space in the HDD, which was unallocated, to one of the partitions in HDD, and HDD became a dynamic diskto convert dynamic to basic, I shrink the partition that...
  6. Recover Deleted Logical Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. lost keyboard after 1909 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    lost keyboard after 1909 update: using on screen keyboard to type. dell g3 laptop Uninstalled drivers for standard ps/2 keyword and hid keyboard drivers any help greatly appreciated mouse and TouchPad working fine...
  8. Inaccessible partition after the 1909 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Inaccessible partition after the 1909 update: Hi, All, I updated from 1809 to 1909 one hour ago and upon restart, the boot screen said to click any key to skip a disk check, I skipped it. Then the Windows loaded, I noticed some missing icons on the desktop but didn't mind them. I opened Windows Explorer and saw that the...
  9. Lost Logical Partition after Window 1909 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost Logical Partition after Window 1909 Update: I upgrade to 1909 but after upgrade I lost 2 logical drives. both partition now shown as combined free space. How can I restore those partition without losing data? where can I find the cause/logs of the issue after upgrade process? screenshot after upgrade [ATTACH]...
  10. Lost Partition After windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Partition After windows 10 update: After updating windows 10, Windows detected my second partition drive as RAW format and it needs to be formatted. The drive was working fine before update ( was NTFS before the update). please I need to solve this problem ASAP because all my working files are on this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1909 update partition