Windows 10: Lost login and wi-fi

Discus and support Lost login and wi-fi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've lost my password. All recovery advice seems to require an internet connection, but when I try to connect to my wireless network, I get the message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Neil-Taylor, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Lost login and wi-fi

I've lost my password. All recovery advice seems to require an internet connection, but when I try to connect to my wireless network, I get the message "can't connect to this network". I've tried connecting by Ethernet, but wired connections don't seem to be an option.

:)

Neil-Taylor, Dec 12, 2018

2. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Dec 12, 2018
  3. Wi-Fi errors (Windows 10)

I'm currently troubleshooting a HP laptop (HP G62-a10SQ to be more specific). The problem is that it doesn't want to connect to any Wi-Fi network. It leaves me with the generic error "Can't connect to this network." I've tried these steps so far

• Restarting the computer
    • Flushing DNS
    • Releasing and renewing the ipconfig
    • Uninstalling the driver
    • Reinstalling the driver
    • Reseating the Wi-FI module
    • Checking Windows Update for any drivers
    • Updating the driver in Device Manager
    • Temporarily removing my Wi-Fi encryption
    • Trying to connect to a different Wi-Fi network outside of my network
    • Probably more troubleshooting steps I can't remember atm (I will edit the post if I remember anything)

DoNotSpamPls, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Lost login and wi-fi

Wi-Fi requires browser login Windows 10 initial setup

Windows 10 initial setup requires login to Wi-Fi, but won't launch the browser to allow login. The Wi-Fi hotspots I have access to rewrite login visa browser ad the final step. I'm dead in the water. Is there a way to get the browser to load so I can complete
    the Wi-Fi login at initial setup of Windows 10?

***Subject edited for clarity.***

TomBartley1900, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

Lost login and wi-fi

1. Lost login and wi-fi - Similar Threads - Lost login

2. I have lost my login info for the recurring subscription. How do I cancel it?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I have lost my login info for the recurring subscription. How do I cancel it?: I have bought two subscriptions awhile ago and I cannot find the email I used to purchase this. How do I cancel it without knowing my login? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-lost-my-login-info-for-the-recurring/a40e7429-d251-420b-92d8-e56160030be3
  3. I have lost my login info for the recurring subscription. How do I cancel it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have lost my login info for the recurring subscription. How do I cancel it?: I have bought two subscriptions awhile ago and I cannot find the email I used to purchase this. How do I cancel it without knowing my login? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-lost-my-login-info-for-the-recurring/a40e7429-d251-420b-92d8-e56160030be3
  4. I have lost my login info for the recurring subscription. How do I cancel it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Latest Windows update issues - Lost my Account and after following logout and re-login...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest Windows update issues - Lost my Account and after following logout and re-login...: After the recent February 2024 Windows 11 update, when I logged in to my PC it did not recognize my account. I followed the suggested instructions, but when I then logged into the PC again, all of my saved info was gone. This includes: - My Outlook accounts and all of my...
  6. Latest Windows update issues - Lost my Account and after following logout and re-login...

Latest Windows update issues - Lost my Account and after following logout and re-login...: After the recent February 2024 Windows 11 update, when I logged in to my PC it did not recognize my account. I followed the suggested instructions, but when I then logged into the PC again, all of my saved info was gone. This includes: - My Outlook accounts and all of my...
  7. my windows 11 laptop died and I cannot find its recovery key because my MS login has lost...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my windows 11 laptop died and I cannot find its recovery key because my MS login has lost...: When I boot my old system, I get a blue screen BitLocker screen and it asks me for my recovery key. I logged into my new windows 11 system and all it has is the info on my new system and no information from my old system, not even my subscription....
  8. my windows 11 laptop died and I cannot find its recovery key because my MS login has lost...

my windows 11 laptop died and I cannot find its recovery key because my MS login has lost...: When I boot my old system, I get a blue screen BitLocker screen and it asks me for my recovery key. I logged into my new windows 11 system and all it has is the info on my new system and no information from my old system, not even my subscription....
  9. Lost Windows 10 Login Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lost Windows 10 Login Password: A friend lost his Windows 10 login password after creating a sign-in PIN instead. He has a newly created Microsoft Account with working password. How can he reset or recover his lost Windows 10 login password? It is required to make changes in Settings>Your Info and...
  10. Lost Windows 10 Login Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost Windows 10 Login Password: A friend lost his Windows 10 login password after creating a sign-in PIN instead. He has a newly created Microsoft Account with working password. How can he reset or recover his lost Windows 10 login password? It is required to make changes in Settings>Your Info and...