Windows 10: Lost manuscript text

Discus and support Lost manuscript text in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am an author, and have lost approximately 4 chapters of text in one story and cannot add to another.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by StevenLowe1, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Lost manuscript text

I am an author, and have lost approximately 4 chapters of text in one story and cannot add to another.

:)

StevenLowe1, Aug 13, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Lost text

Hi Martha,

There are a lot of possible factor for a text or a
    word document to be lost. To isolate the issue, I have some questions for you:

• What application did you use to create the text document?

• Were there any changes made before the text was lost?

• Were there any recent application installed?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 13, 2020
  3. Numbering a manuscript

how can I not number the first page then start the second page with (i) third page with (ii), fourth page with (iii) fifth page with (iv) then start numbering the remainder of the manuscript 1-198? Please help! Thanks in advance.

LindaIrvin2, Aug 13, 2020
  4. Lost manuscript text

text suggestion

Hi, Alp Patel.

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To enable text suggestion on your Lumia 640, you may follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings under your App list.

2. Search for Keyboard.

3. Tap the keyboard you're using to make changes.

4. Check the checkbox for "Suggest text".

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Cristal Reg, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

Lost manuscript text

1. Lost manuscript text - Similar Threads - Lost manuscript text

2. How do I create a manuscript?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I create a manuscript?: I need to type a manuscript, and don't want to use anything other than microsoft word in order to meet the requirements of the publisher. How do I get out of the cloud aps and just use Word?...
  3. How do I create a manuscript?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I create a manuscript?: I need to type a manuscript, and don't want to use anything other than microsoft word in order to meet the requirements of the publisher. How do I get out of the cloud aps and just use Word?...
  4. my folders and excel lost text

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my folders and excel lost text: my pc was running slowly, so I restarted it Sunday morning. I did nothing with my pc til Monday morning. I had to use the power button to turn it on and discovered the text are missing when using windows explorer for folders and the text is missing in my excel spreadsheets....
  5. lost the text

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lost the text: why the text of my pc doesnt appear after i shut down and update a program? for example text that dissappear is like file's name in folder, dekstop file's name, control panel texts, and dtc....
  6. Text get lost and do not show

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Text get lost and do not show: When I work, my laptop gets very slow, but then works again, but now some text and icons are not showing, see screenshots What can I do do fix this problem. Look at the words, missing or in the wrong place. [ATTACH][ATTACH]. What can I do do fix this problem....
  7. Prevent lost text?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Prevent lost text?: I've done this several times. I'm typing in notepad and somehow I clicked something that highlighted the whole paragraph I've been typing, and because I'm typing I type and the paragraph's gone. I instantly hit ctrl-Z, but all that does is toggle the last few words I've...
  8. Lost an hours worth of text in a Word document - can I get it back

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost an hours worth of text in a Word document - can I get it back: I've just spent an hour working on a train, then got a blue screen error, restarted and my Word document lost all the changes I had made since I started an hour ago. Is there any way of recovering an interim version at least. I thought the default save was every 10 minutes....
  9. Lost Windows activation overnight - "Activate Windows" text in the right bottom corner of...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lost Windows activation overnight - "Activate Windows" text in the right bottom corner of...: I have now owned this computer for about 2 years. I have always had Windows 10 Pro activated on the PC, but for some reason today when I wanted to login and play some games, a text in the right bottom corner of my screen says "Activate Windows - Go to Settings to activate...
  10. Text lost in programs.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Text lost in programs.: Exl. Paint : no text. New file, S ave itc. Contr-alt-delete applications emty too, only graphics, no text. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-lost-in-programs/97e9a2d2-7142-42bb-b7c5-1e3fb1c51844