Windows 10: Lost Microsoft Applications After Resetting Windows 10

Discus and support Lost Microsoft Applications After Resetting Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I had an issue with my disk active time being 100% all the time so after trying various things decided I had to reset my PC (reinstalling Win10). I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kifty, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Kifty Win User

Lost Microsoft Applications After Resetting Windows 10

I had an issue with my disk active time being 100% all the time so after trying various things decided I had to reset my PC (reinstalling Win10). I opted to save my personal files. This resolved my 100% disk active time issue but then discovered I lost critical (to me) applications: Outlook and DVD Player. I had originally upgraded to Win10 from Win7 a few years ago. How do I get my applications back as I seem to have to pay for them in the App store? The loss of Outlook is particularly annoying as I can't seem to get more than one email account (ie my family members) through the default Mail app. This seems particularly harsh from Microsoft if they are going to make me pay again for something I had until I developed a fault.

:)

Kifty, Nov 9, 2019

2. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Nov 9, 2019
  3. Is it time for Windows 10 already?

For those that don't have the tray notification.

If you don’t think any of these conditions apply to you, and you’re still not seeing the icon, you can also try running the solution below, which will verify your device meets all the prerequisites and then turn on the Get Windows 10 app:

• Open Notepad
    • Copy the following text and paste it into Notepad:
    REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\UpgradeExperienceIndicators" /v UpgEx | findstr UpgEx

if "%errorlevel%" == "0" GOTO RunGWX

reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Appraiser" /v UtcOnetimeSend /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

schtasks /run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"

:CompatCheckRunning

schtasks /query /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"

schtasks /query /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser" | findstr Ready

if NOT "%errorlevel%" == "0" ping localhost >nul &goto :CompatCheckRunning

:RunGWX

schtasks /run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Setup\gwx\refreshgwxconfig"

• Click File, and then Save As
    • In the File name box, change the file name to ReserveWin10.cmd

• Then click the dropdown next to Save as type, and select All files (*.*)

• Select the folder you would like to save the file to.For this example, let’s choose to save the file to the C:/Temp folder.Then click Save.

• Open an elevated command prompt.(From the Start screen or Start menu, type Command Prompt in the search box, and then in the list of results, right-click Command Prompt, and selectRun as administrator.)

• Finally, run the file from the location you saved to in Step 6.In this example, you would type the following in the Command Prompt window and hit Enter:

C:/Temp/ReserveWin10.cmd
    The Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser can take 10 – 30 minutes to run, during which the script will continuously provide status reports that it is running. Please be patient.

If the script is failing in an infinite loop, then you don’t have the necessary prerequisite Windows Updates. Besides requiring Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 Update, you must also have installed:

For Windows 7 SP1:

KB3035583

KB2952664

For Windows 8.1 Update:

KB3035583

KB2976978

ThE_MaD_ShOt, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Lost Microsoft Applications After Resetting Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Lost Microsoft Applications

2. Lost windows 10 after factory reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost windows 10 after factory reset.: I have a pavilion all in one computer. Before the holidays last year this computer did a windows 10 update. This update caused all types of problems. I got online and found there were alot of people having the same issue. They were all saying that they did a "uninstall latest...
  3. Lost windows 10 after factory reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost windows 10 after factory reset.: I have a pavilion all in one computer. Before the holidays last year this computer did a windows 10 update. This update caused all types of problems. I got online and found there were alot of people having the same issue. They were all saying that they did a "uninstall latest...
  4. Lost windows 10 after factory reset.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Lost All Microsoft Apps After Resetting Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost All Microsoft Apps After Resetting Windows 10: Hello Friends, This is Rajiv, Few days back my window 10 was updating and after that next time i was not able to start my laptop. It was stuck on Automatic Repair Loop and after many attempts to fix it when i could not fix it, i choose to go for resetting window, i choose...
  6. Lost All Microsoft Apps After Resetting Windows 10

Lost All Microsoft Apps After Resetting Windows 10: Hello Friends, This is Rajiv, Few days back my window 10 was updating and after that next time i was not able to start my laptop. It was stuck on Automatic Repair Loop and after many attempts to fix it when i could not fix it, i choose to go for resetting window, i choose...
  7. Lost All Microsoft Apps After Resetting Windows 10

8. Lost windows 10 after factory reset

Lost windows 10 after factory reset: Hi I have a Dell laptop with Windows 8 originally installed. I had installed windows 10 on it. After I factory reset with windows, 10 installed it turned back on and got back windows 8.1 So is it possible to get windows 10 back? I tried installing again using...
  9. Windows 10 key lost after reset

Windows 10 key lost after reset: I have a custom built PC. I was updating my BIOS and my computer instead wiped itself. I reinstalled windows from a USB but I need a windows key. I had a windows key but now I don't know what it is because I lost all my files. I don't know how to get my windows 10 key....
  10. lost microsoft apps after reset

lost microsoft apps after reset: Please help! after the recommended reset to improve laptop performance, all the apps that came with purchase of laptop are gone. cant even play dvds/cds! I hope I wont have to buy all those apps. cheaper to just buy new laptop. any suggestions would be appreciated!...