Windows 10: Lost monitor driver

Discus and support Lost monitor driver in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi! My Win 10 Pro suddenly changed the driver for one of my monitors from ASUS PB278 to generic. My Radeon Pro still has the monitor as an ASUS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LeifAND, Mar 23, 2020.

1. LeifAND Win User

Lost monitor driver

Hi!

My Win 10 Pro suddenly changed the driver for one of my monitors from ASUS PB278 to generic.

My Radeon Pro still has the monitor as an ASUS PB278.

How do I change back?

When try to change the driver and select the folder where my ASUS driver is located Win ignores the files in that folder and persist that it has found the best driver. The generic only hade 640x480 and no changes can be made in settings.

Any suggestions?

Leif

:)

LeifAND, Mar 23, 2020
  2. DoGoodMen Win User

Lost external USB monitor after W10 update of 10-01-2016...need help.

Pancho,

9 minutes ago

Last edited: 1 minute ago

Edit

Best Answer

+ Quote

Go to First Unread

Lost monitor driver [​IMG]

Similar Threads - Lost external monitor

DoGoodMen, May 26, 2020
  3. LeifAND Win User
    Lost monitor driver

Hi!

My Win 10 Pro suddenly changed the driver for one of my monitors from ASUS PB278 to generic.

My Radeon Pro still has the monitor as an ASUS PB278.

How do I change back?

When try to change the driver and select the folder where my ASUS driver is located Win ignores the files in that folder and persist that it has found the best driver. The generic only hade 640x480 and no changes can be made in settings.

Any suggestions?

Leif

LeifAND, May 26, 2020
  4. Lost monitor driver

ASUS PB278Q Monitor drivers..

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that primary monitor of your computer says that there are no driver updates to Windows 10. We will help you to resolve this issue.

I would like to inform that as the manufacturer website says there are no updated driver, you will have to wait for the drivers to be released.

I suggest you to refer to the below steps as a workaround and check if it helps:

Method 1: I suggest you to try the steps check for the updates using below updates:

• Right click on the Start button on the desktop and select
      Device manager.

• With Device Manager open, click
      >
      icon to open the category that you think contains the device you want to update the drivers for.

• Once you've found the device you're updating drivers for, right click on the hardware's name or icon and choose
      Update Driver Software.

• The Update Driver Software wizard will begin, which we'll completely step through to finish the Windows 10 driver update for this piece of hardware.

• Follow the onscreen instructions.
    Note: If updates are found the device would be updated.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 26, 2020
Thema:

Lost monitor driver

1. Lost monitor driver - Similar Threads - Lost monitor driver

2. Monitor Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Drivers: I have been trying to update my monitor drivers for a while now. I got the official drivers from their website and then tried to update it manually. Windows told me that the best options were already installed. Well, the "best option" is from 2006 so I doubt that. I then...
  3. Monitor Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor Drivers: I have been trying to update my monitor drivers for a while now. I got the official drivers from their website and then tried to update it manually. Windows told me that the best options were already installed. Well, the "best option" is from 2006 so I doubt that. I then...
  4. Monitor Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Lost webcam drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost webcam drivers: I bought an all in one HP 20-C020 desktop. It did not have the original hard drive in it. I installed a new hard drive with windows 10 but now I can not find the webcam drivers in HP site. Could someone please send me the link to the driver?...
  6. lost drivers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    lost drivers: i need to install lost drivers VCRUNTIME140.dll & COCCRT140.dll & MSVCP140.dll https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-drivers/3b2179f3-d405-4e9c-ab4e-517c24df298d
  7. Lost drivers

Lost drivers: After update 1903 I lost printer drivers for my Brother DCP-T710W and Epson L3150. Windows keeps telling me the drivers are unavailable. I've downloaded everything from the Manufacturer's web site, ran every trouble shooter I could find to no avail. When I started to write...
  8. lost 2nd monitor

lost 2nd monitor: My computer must of crashed during the night, and now I cannot connect the second monitor, I have tried to detect it bit it has siad it is unable to dectect it, Windows 10 , was fine yesterday tried rebooting computer, other screen is working but display is dectectuing it ,...
  9. screen rotate, lost driver, found drivers, lost drivers

screen rotate, lost driver, found drivers, lost drivers: My issues started with my screen not rotating. I eventually figured out I lost my display drivers. I found a you tube video on how to recover lost drivers but I got errors such dealing with lack of interactive sessions. I tried to fix this but did not work. Then I finally...
  10. Monitor lost color

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor lost color: I have Acer flat screen monitor which has been work very well for a couple years. After cleaning the desktop and keyboard the monitor still works except there is no color. Any ideas 103533