Windows 10: Lost MS Edge menu to export and save favorites

Discus and support Lost MS Edge menu to export and save favorites in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm using MS Edge V 83.0.478.37 I usually export and save my favorites to a backup disk every week or so and I just tried and the export menu is no... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by winxp, May 28, 2020.

1. winxp Win User

Lost MS Edge menu to export and save favorites

I'm using MS Edge V 83.0.478.37

I usually export and save my favorites to a backup disk every week or so and I just tried and the export menu is no longer under Managing Favorites.
    It used to be in the lower left hand corner of the screen and is no long there.

Any ideas?

- - - Updated - - -

Found it in its new place.

Solved my own question. LOL

:)

winxp, May 28, 2020
  2. K Tech Win User

How to EXPORT Favorites to a Bookmark.html file with Microsoft Edge?

We re-image computers all the time (re-install the OS). Even from Windows 10 to Windows 10. I need to save &/or export Edge favorites. Where is the export favorites for Edge? If there is not an Edge Export, why would I suggest to my users and everyone
    to use Edge instead of another browser if they are going to loose their favorites when/ if I/ they have to re-install Win 10? Please respond ASAP. Thank you and have a good day.

K Tech, May 28, 2020
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    Export Favorites from Edge to IE11 in the same computer

You may also try to export Edge favorites as HTML file.
    Things keep changing with every version of Windows 10 and things have changed in Windows 10 v1703.
    You may follow these troubleshooting steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge web browser, and move the cursor to the
      upper right-hand corner of your computer screen.
    • Select More actions menu>Settings>Click on Import from another browser button, which appears under the Import
      favorites and other info
      setting.
    • A new Import or export a file panel will open. Here you will be able to Export data from Edge to IE.

Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, May 28, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

MS Edge and moving favorites

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

There is no option to Move, you can add the site to favorites bar

• Open the site, click on add to favorites or reading list
    • Select the save location as Favorites bar
    • Then you will be able to see the sites in favorites bar

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Lost MS Edge menu to export and save favorites - Similar Threads - Lost Edge menu

2. Import/Export Edge favorites as HTML

in Browsers and Email
    Import/Export Edge favorites as HTML: I go to settings and more go down and select settings but do not get the GENERAL selections that is shown in step three. Where am I going wrong? I am running Version 20H2 build 19042.685 latest update of Edge shipinomore 170150
  3. Exporting Edge favorites

in Windows 10 Customization
    Exporting Edge favorites: Good evening, I have purchased a new PC. Is there anyway I can export my favourite sites from Edge on my old PC and import them into Edge on my new one? Thanks Mike...
  4. Edge lost favorites and home page

in Browsers and Email
    Edge lost favorites and home page: Weird thing happened this morning. When I opened Edge, my home page had changed to the default, even though I deleted it in settings, to set the home page I prefer. And all my favorites were gone. The popup launched to ask me if I wanted to import favorites from IE. I did not...
  5. How to export favorites from Edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    How to export favorites from Edge browser: After the "November update" to Windows 10, the Edge browser no longer uses a folder structure to store favorites. Instead, it now uses an Extensible Storage Engine (ESE) database. So, that means you can no longer just do a copy-n-paste in an attempt to export your favorites....
  6. Lost favorites in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Lost favorites in Edge: With the last update for win 10 I lost most of my favorites. I created a new folder in favorites but cannot find it on my PC. Where is it stored? Thank you. 32075
  7. MS Edge Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge Favorites: With the Internet Explorer I have my favorites organized into folders. When I import them into the Edge and look at the favorites I see a whole bunch of folders with 0 items in them and I don't know why. Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing? 30187
  8. no export favorites button in EDGE. How do I export my favorites?

in Browsers and Email
    no export favorites button in EDGE. How do I export my favorites?: no export favorites button in EDGE. How do I export my favorites including the favorites line in the top? 66205
  9. Import/Export Edge Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Import/Export Edge Favorites: Microsoft Edge Favorites - Export in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums Though Edge may not be the browser of choice, would like to hear reviews/comments of the above method of export/import of favorites from those that have used the method. This method was designed...
  10. How to save MS Edge favorites to flash drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to save MS Edge favorites to flash drive: I recently made Edge my default browser due to multiple problems w/Firefox. I imported all my folders (favorites) from FF to Edge. Someone suggested that I back these folders up to a flash drive. I exported all of my FF folders to a flash drive some time ago which was easy...