Windows 10: Lost music, picture, documents, etc.

Discus and support Lost music, picture, documents, etc. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Went to work on my computer, but when I turned it on, I found an error stating I needed a disk to hard boot it! I was able to get to order of start up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CarynGilbert, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Lost music, picture, documents, etc.

Went to work on my computer, but when I turned it on, I found an error stating I needed a disk to hard boot it! I was able to get to order of start up and got the computer to work, and everything was there 10 days ago. Yesterday, it was gone...everything. All the folders were empty. I have been looking everywhere for them. I had to reset up Google Chrome, because that reverted back as if I had never used it. When I re-entered my email address, my bookmarks were there, so not too concerned with that. However, still have empty folders! Anyone have any ideas as to how to find and retrieve them? And, should I send for a Windows 10 boot disk since it keeps slipping up on the order of start up,

:)

CarynGilbert, Dec 17, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Windows 10 update lost my documents/my pictures/my music.

I don't know what happened but I lost all my documents and music and pictures along with my favorites when I upgraded from windows 8.1 to windows 10. I checked the windows.old folder and they are nowhere to be found. Is there anyway to get my old documents
    back and my old music? if not then why would Microsoft not let me know that I needed to back up everything before I upgraded? If anyone has any suggestions could you please help me?

Shawneller, Dec 17, 2020
  4. Steve C Win User

Lost music, picture, documents, etc.

What exactly are are "My music", "My Pictures" and "My videos"

You can't redirect the shortcut links which is the subject of the post

Steve C, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

Lost music, picture, documents, etc.

1. Lost music, picture, documents, etc. - Similar Threads - Lost music picture

2. After windows 10 sign on error, all my documents, pictures, music, etc. disappeared.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After windows 10 sign on error, all my documents, pictures, music, etc. disappeared.: After windows 10 sign on error, all my documents, pictures, music, etc. disappeared. I restored these files using an external hard drive backup. Today the same thing happened again. Windows 10 started up with a sign in error. It then proceeded to open with all my documents...
  3. After windows 10 sign on error, all my documents, pictures, music, etc. disappeared.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After windows 10 sign on error, all my documents, pictures, music, etc. disappeared.: After windows 10 sign on error, all my documents, pictures, music, etc. disappeared. I restored these files using an external hard drive backup. Today the same thing happened again. Windows 10 started up with a sign in error. It then proceeded to open with all my documents...
  4. After windows 10 sign on error, all my documents, pictures, music, etc. disappeared.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Add system folder like Documents, Pictures, Music, etc?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Add system folder like Documents, Pictures, Music, etc?: Hello! I started making games in Unity and I want to create a system folder called "Games". I created one in my "C:/Users/(myname)/" folder, and found out how to change the icon (here's a pic). Kind of obsessive, I know, but is there any way to make it have a folder as part...
  6. Moving Documents/Pictures/etc folders between drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving Documents/Pictures/etc folders between drives: I've recently got a new laptop with SSD and HDD. When the laptop arrived, all the user library folders such as Documents, Pictures etc were set up to be on the C: drive SSD, all linked to OneDrive. I wanted to move them on the the HDD, which is something I've managed fine on...
  7. Emblems for Assigned Documents, Pictures, Videos, etc. Folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Emblems for Assigned Documents, Pictures, Videos, etc. Folders: Hello! I just reassigned my default Pictures, Videos, Documents, etc. folders to folders on my secondary drive to save space on my performance drive. All the little emblems updated for each folder, except for the Pictures and Documents folders, and my OCD isn't liking it....
  8. Pictures and documents lost

Pictures and documents lost: hello, on 23rd of June when I switched on my computer windows had updated and there was a screen which was not my desktop so I restarted and it was my desktop but had no documents or pictures. I went to users and found one Anise Fatima Nasser and it had all my documents and...
  9. sync icon overlay on documents, pictures etc

in Windows 10 Customization
    sync icon overlay on documents, pictures etc: Hi I have the latest october build on my PC brand new install. In one drive I have told it not to sync desktop/documents However my documents/desktop/picture folder all have a little sync icon on, and every file within them does as well. I have checked under 'show...
  10. contents of my Document, Music & Pictures lost after latest windows update on 2nd Oct.

contents of my Document, Music & Pictures lost after latest windows update on 2nd Oct.: contents of my Document, Music & Pictures lost after latest windows update on 2nd Oct. The new document is now pointing to my OneDrive folder instead. All my documents not there. How can I retrieve?...